1. Neutron

IGN: TomasLuther
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Forsaken
    Alliance: Solace

Default How would the scarlet items effect work in the following scenario?

I'd like to know which set would the scarlet items go with the following equips.

Superior Gollux Earring
    Superior Gollux Ring
    Reinforced Gollux Pendant
    Reinforced Gollux Pendant (2nd pendant slot)
    Reinforced Gollux Ring
    Sweetwater Tatto
    Sweetwater Glasses

Scarlet Ring
    Scarlet Shoulder

Will the superior gollux set be completed? Or will i have a 4 set sweetwater effect?

Thanks for helping.

2. Default Re: How would the scarlet items effect work in the following scenario?

I'd like to think that it counts towards whichever set that has the highest number for its ID, so the ring likely counts towards the superior gollux set. Neither the gollux set nor the sweetwater set includes a shoulder, so the scarlet shoulder won't count towards anything.

3. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: I'm
    Server: not
    Level: on
    Job: this
    Guild: damn
    Alliance: game
    Farm: anymore
    canada

Default Re: How would the scarlet items effect work in the following scenario?

I was under the impression that joker items such as scarlet items counted towards the highest level set, regardless of whether or not there's a ring or shoulder in the set. Neither the SW Tattoo nor glasses belong to the actual SW set, so there's no set effect to be triggered there. I believe you would trigger the 4 set Superior Gollux Set, but I'm not totally sure myself.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: How would the scarlet items effect work in the following scenario?

Reddish is correct. You'll get a 3-item Superior Gollux set. The shoulder will do nothing (unless you also have Empress items on, or any other set that includes a Shoulder). Joker items only count as their own type: hat can only stand in for hat, shoulder can only stand in for shoulder, etc.

Also, there is no sweetwater accessories set, so there's no question of any scarlet item trying to get into that set.

5. Default Re: How would the scarlet items effect work in the following scenario?

This wasn't always the case (but it did seem that way as higher set IDs usually correlated with higher levels, combined with the scarcity of joker items), as I distinctly remember testing with a Chaos Vellum hat long ago, the tempest set was selected over the empress set as it had the higher set ID. Regardless, it is apparently the case now, and set ID is used as a tiebreaker.

As everyone else has said, this is definitely not true, they will not count for anything outside of their own category.

6. Default Re: How would the scarlet items effect work in the following scenario?

I'll test this later with a Chaos Pierre Hat.