1. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default "If marriage equality happens, i'm going to abolish marriage altogether"

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...dings-allowed/

Huh, so I guess gay marriage WOULD technically ruin the institution of marriage in this case. Well played bigots, well played.

2. Default Re: "If marriage equality happens, i'm going to abolish marriage altogether"

He's just one judge, I wouldn't really worry about it. It's just funny to see the real bigots coming out in the open.

3. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: "If marriage equality happens, i'm going to abolish marriage altogether"

I can't personally find any point in marriage nowadays except some legal details (in some countries) which shouldn't be there. I know I'm in the minority with my opinion, like in many other things.

The irony here is that abolishing the institution would lead to exactly what he's trying to prevent, equality and "ungodly relationships".

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: "If marriage equality happens, i'm going to abolish marriage altogether"

All countries, that I know of, have "legal details" associated with "marriage" or "union" (which may or may not be something clergy and/or lay clerks can register). Things like "next of kin", and rights and obligations relating to children and property, taxes, inheritance, etc.

Having a state "abolish" the institution of marriage would just make a lot more paperwork for everyone, as people write up individual contracts and other documents to establish the things you get automatically when you're "married". I don't see any state doing that.

5. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Stahp it. STAHP IT!

I would say this is pretty dumb. Even in the old days, marriage was to show a strong devoted connection between two people. Abolishing it would just make a mockery of the idea of marriage.

Plus, this whole thing is getting really child like now.

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I love that one woman's blue hair. I also seriously doubt they're the only "throuple" in the world, but I'm sure they're the only ones using such a dumb name for it.

This judge has completely lost perspective on the distinctions between his personal beliefs and the rule of law. I hope his ass is fired asap.

7. Default Re: "If marriage equality happens, i'm going to abolish marriage altogether"

Al Bundy would be proud.