IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Monty Oum, 33, has passed away.

I know a good amount of members here keep up with RoosterTeeth's animated series, RWBY.

It absolutely saddens me to say that its creator and lead animator, Monty Oum, passed away due to an allergic reaction from a medical procedure.

http://roosterteeth.com/members/jour...php?id=3302319

Rest in Peace, Monty... you were such a talented and chill guy. You will be heavily missed.

2. Default Re: Monty Oum, 33, has passed away.

I have no idea who he is, but RIP.
    33 is too young an age to die at.

3. Default Re: Monty Oum, 33, has passed away.

Great start to 2015 \s RIP
    I guess RWBY won't be finishing either.

4. Default Re: Monty Oum, 33, has passed away.

I just...

I don't know what to say.

This just sucks.

5. Default Re: Monty Oum, 33, has passed away.

Life is just so unfair sometimes.. Leaving this world at 33. Rest in peace Monty.

6. Default Re: Monty Oum, 33, has passed away.

I just spent 6 hours grieving in tears over my now-euthanized dog, and now I look up and see this?

While I haven't been watching RWBY as I only seen the first episode, I am familiar with Rooster Teeth content and know some of the staff.

Rest in Peace Monty, and that tribute video in the podcast is just... I can't bear it anymore.

7. Default Re: Monty Oum, 33, has passed away.

Damn ;-;

rip

8. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Default Re: Monty Oum, 33, has passed away.

After it just got imported in Japan too. Anticipating the merch prices going up for a while, just in case.
    Either way I don't think the show is done. With all the work he's put into it, there's bound to be enough material saved up to continue. (also fxck ending the season on a massive cliff hangar.)
    There's a (lot of) thread(s) on reddit about this, but I'll just link to the main one. https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/commen...s_passed_away/
    It's especially sad since the days leading up to it, people were pretty mum about it, and the little news we were given was pretty grave. ._.

9. Default Re: Monty Oum, 33, has passed away.

Dang, I've known the guy and kinda followed him ever since Dead Fantasy on youtube. I havent watched much of RWBY but I sure can tell this is a huge lost.

Rest in Peace.

10. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Default Re: Monty Oum, 33, has passed away.

R.I.P. Monty, i knew a lot of fans of his that got me into it, and they're just as crushed.

What's especially sad to me is he just finally got his original project off the ground finally, and he passes away before he can even see it finish. Nonetheless, he really did inspire a lot of people though.