1. Electron Male
    IGN: xUndine
    Server: Demethos
    Level: 212
    Job: Demon Avenger
    Guild: NeoAura
    Alliance: Aura

Cash0 Equipment Name Color Code System

Can some PLEASE explain to me in full detail how the color of an equipment name is decided for the different colors of Magenta > Green > Yellow > Purple > Blue > Orange > White > Gray.

I know gray is a mix of at average and below average and white is average give or take a few random stats. Orange is crap scrolled and blue is above average. But beyond that the system is seriously f***ing with my head for items below lvl 120. Above 120 it all seems to make sense as being a comparison to the required amount of stat to equip the item. White being average, orange is scrolled but less than ~ 2% gain. Blue seems to be ~2 - 9.999% or so. Purple looks like its 10 - 19.999%, yellow at ~ 20 - 29.999%. Green looks like its ~ 30 - 39.999% and magenta / hot pink is anything 40% and above in comparison to to required stat to equip an item.

For items that have no required stats, i.e. tyrants it seems to be comparing to 200 which is total of the base stats ignoring attack and defense. HP counts as a stat for warrior and common items being treated as 50 hp = 1 stat. For scrolled / above average armor and accessories 1 attack seems to be treated as equal to 2 stats, 5 def or m def as 1 stat, 40 accuracy / avoid as 1 stat. For accessories, it seem to use 50 for bounty legends glasses and 60 for Sweetwater glasses / tattoo. My other accessories seemed to be evaluated compared to ~235. The accuracy and avoid seem to be negligible or ignored in most cases. This is what I came up with looking over my equips and their changes as i scrolled them.

That was before i started scrolling some below 120 equips. . . then it all started f***ing with my head when it just didn't match up any more and was giving strange results. Scrolling my foxy whiskers for 400hp turned it purple when i used a 100% spell trace for hp followed by a 30%, then 70% then 100% spell trace and stayed purple when i failed a 30% hp. I innocenced it and re scrolled passing 1 30% , failing 3 more and passing on the last slot and staying blue just as when it passed the first 30%. It ended up with THE EXACT SAME STATS after all slots were used but was blue rather than purple this time. I innocenced again and manage to get it purple after getting to 650 hp with another mix of 100% and 30% and 70% hp scrolls. however after enhancing with stars it just wasnt turning diffent colors as expected when compared to 120+ equips with the same overall %power gain. Same mind screwing crap happened when scrolling a lvl 90 fraute and other crap equips with various passes and fails and star enhancements.

When I was scrolling my fafnir and other 120+ equips the colors never changed based on the number of fail / pass but purely based on stats gained. Can someone please explain what the f*** is going on with this color code system?
    Last edited by Randomcity2; 2015-02-16 at 05:31 PM.

2. Default Re: Equipment Name Color Code System

Last time I checked it's determined by the stats, the reason you were getting different results in color also could have been with how many slots were successful. It's been awhile but the algorithm was like, 60+ stats above average I think was gold? Something like that.

Also please paragraph, the only reason I'm aware of this thread is someone linked it to me asking me to help decipher it.

3. Default Re: Equipment Name Color Code System

1 point in deviation from normal: +/- 1 to any stat (STR/DEX/INT/LUK, and speed/jump), and if I remember correctly, +/- 5 to accuracy/avoid, or +/- 20 to DEF/M.DEF
    And to the best of my memory & estimation, the color assignments are:
    Negative deviation = Gray
    0 to 4 points of deviation = White
    5 to 9 points of deviation = Orange
    10 to 19 points of deviation = Blue
    20 to 39 points of deviation = Yellow
    40 to 64 points of deviation = Green
    65+ points of deviation = Red

4. Default Re: Equipment Name Color Code System

The tiers should be: (Unless they've been changed.)
    Grey = Approx. -2 ~ -3 or more stats below average/default. (Applies to scrolling/clean gear. -> Chaos Scrolls for example.)

White = Average/default with approx. 1-2 stat deviation. (White only applies on average/default/clean.)

Orange = +1 ~ +4 stats worth above average/default. (Orange only applies when scrolled and has not yet met Blue conditions.)

Blue = +5 ~ +24 stats worth above. (Blue and above can apply to clean gear if they deviate enough positively from default stats. Since GMS doesn't have random options like KMS, Blue will be the highest clean you'll see most likely excluding special cases.)

Purple = +25 ~ +39 above.
    Gold/Yellow = +40 ~ +54 above.
    Green = +55 ~ +69 above.
    Magenta/Hot Pink = +70 and higher.

NOTE: (Some stats are not worth 1:1 value.)
    STR/DEX/INT/LUK = 1:1 stats worth.
    Attack/Magic = 1:1.
    Accuracy/Avoid = I'm not sure on this one.
    PDefense/MDefense = Might be 5:1 or 10:1, I'm not too sure.
    Speed/Jump = Might be 1:1, not too sure as well.
    HP/MP = Not sure.

5. Electron Male

Default Re: Equipment Name Color Code System

Hmm . . . I'll take PeePeeAyeDeeKay 's answer as closest to correct, but can someone explain the pass / fail ratio thing that was screwing with my head on equips below 120? 120+ seems to only change color based on stats. And can someone in GMS verify with a screen shot that its possible to get higher than white and blue on root abyss equips or any 120+ boss drop armor through alchemy fusion. I know the limits of what's possible to achieve IF they even get random bonus stats from fusion. I fused about 12 Royal Ranger Beret's (bowman root abyss hats) with and without potential so far and none of them came out with anything besides exact default stats and sometimes changing from no potential to having potential and / or bonus potential. And I can verify that HP / MP counts as ~ 50 : 1 in stats. Accuracy / Avoid should be either 20: 1 or 40: 1. Speed / Jump is definitely something over 1: 1 but im not sure exactly what it is. I know its not 1: 1 because of my pensalir cape that i chaos scrolled that should be purple if it was 1:1 for speed / jump.

-edit-
    O.O . . . it would appear that its 10 accuracy / avoid to 1 stat ?!?!?!?!?!? I was going over my accessory scrolling and it just doesn't add up unless that's the case.
    Last edited by Randomcity2; 2015-02-25 at 07:11 AM.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

When we didn't get Additional Options, we lost the random range of initial stats on equipment. Everything except Shields and Kataras (and Sweetwater gear, for whatever reason) now comes with perfectly average stats.

7. Electron Male

F*** . .. . I wasted my mesos buying all those hats then. . . .Welp .. . . just hoping that when I transpose my gear to Sweetwater I can glitch and get some flames from ring boxes in oz and reset my bonus stats.

Though, i ask again. Can someone PLEASE explain the system for how the color is determined by pass fail ratio for my crap equips.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

The number of slots is also considered a "stat".
    So if you lose slots but don't gain any other stats (such as when failing scrolls), your equipment title will become gray.

9. Default Re: Equipment Name Color Code System

Shoulders and badges too, based on my Magnus runs.