1. Default Where to find videos of Classic Maplestory?

Ones that keep the original sound and music?

2. Default Re: Where to find videos of Classic Maplestory?

.....youtube? Maybe youku or niconico?

3. Default Re: Where to find videos of Classic Maplestory?

Might be jumping the gun here but why are you so obsessed with the "old" maplestory? And what maplestory "used to be"? (The same steaming pile of poo it is currently

I mean, I love maplestory too despite its glaring flaws(both pre-big bang and post) but why do people cling so hard onto this weird inclination that maplestory was oh so better before big bang?

4. Default Re: Where to find videos of Classic Maplestory?

masochism

5. Default Re: Where to find videos of Classic Maplestory?

Inb4 everyone who plays Maplestory is a closet Masochist!

I searched and while there were a few hits, most of the videos had outside music or w/e added in.

It is pretty hard to find pure gameplay footage that does not have a lot of edits, SP was the best place I could think of to ask around.

I won't comment on people loving things that they consider to be pomegranate.

6. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

Default Re: Where to find videos of Classic Maplestory?

?

7. Default Re: Where to find videos of Classic Maplestory?

For me personally, I played it so much when I was younger in my early teens. I started playing the first year global came out. Seeing old videos brings back the memories and feelings I had back then when the game meant so much to me. It's like a dad reliving his childhood through his son when his son starts playing football, or something like that. It's not so much wanting the game to be back how it used to be, or thinking it's better back then, but about remembering the game in a time where you made a ton of friends in the more community-centered game. I'm not going to lie, MapleStory pretty much used to be my life when I was younger. I was an introvert, and this game let me socialize. Now that I've grown up and grown out of that, it doesn't hold the same value to me, but I can appreciate the old memories and comfort the game gave me through videos like what OP wants.

The game pineappleing sucked back then. It took forever to level, there wasn't much content, and the game in general just wasn't extraordinary. But I could always log in and make a friend. When I log into MapleStory now, no one even talks to me. It's pointless to play as a new player (or returning player), because the current point of the game is to be powerful and solo everything.

8. Default Re: Where to find videos of Classic Maplestory?

i bet ur the type of nigga that watches 4kids one piece

9. Default Re: Where to find videos of Classic Maplestory?

^ Pretty far off topic and you might want to be more careful with choice of words but the assumption about One Piece happens to be correct! (a long time ago) A boatload of edits is a small price to pay in order to get a show past the ultra strict television rules and regulators. Anyway, it is a subject that is better suited for a different thread.

(Edit: Watching these reminds me of when Speed was a valuable stat and why it was valuable)
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2015-02-14 at 06:14 PM.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: Where to find videos of Classic Maplestory?

The sense of community, but also due to muh rose tinted goggles. Yes it was fun to have more people to talk with, but it doesn't excuse grinding for many months to get to 4th job. That one infamous story about silverbg2 (how do I still remember this name?) make me realize how horrible old Maplestory was. One shouldn't sacrifice health to reach level 200.

11. Default Re: Where to find videos of Classic Maplestory?

Rose tinted goggles

Not to be confused with spectrum goggles

12. Default Re: Where to find videos of Classic Maplestory?

Ancient wisdom: "All things in moderation"

If a person goes to a buffet and does not stop eating until they feel ill then naturally that experience would not be remembered as pleasant. Another player mentioned somewhere that logging on to Maplestory used to be like being a part of another world for a period of time. It was never meant to take over peoples IRL worlds, it was just intended to be a little vacation or something I guess. Having a high level character meant that player had earned their place and deserved to be there. It seems to me that is how a fair and proper game should function.

Maybe I was doing it wrong (since I mostly played "casually") but Maple was always golden in my book.