Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

Default Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Maple Leaf Council

no body got time for that

3. Default Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Maple Leaf Council

This better not be a significant factor for selection.

4. Default Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Maple Leaf Council

basically that means LA only, or wherever it is they are located

i think they don't get any pay or compensation even for their expenses in participating. only fanatics who live next door to nex should apply

EDIT:
    oh no, are mihiles no longer deserving their own class listing

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Artasi implied travel expenses would be paid by Nexon, but didn't actually promise anything because they don't have any actual meet-ups scheduled. He also said he expects travel to be required for internal testing of new content, rather than just talk.
    But the time lost from your studies, job, or whatever else you have going on, would be your problem, of course.

They were listed together right from the start. No idea why, they are not similar at all.

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

warriors not being subdivided and asking for travel time leave me out, my working schedule is retarded
    Last edited by ShinkuDragon; 2015-02-03 at 11:22 PM. Reason: and clarity of word, lel

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

Travel is a problem, though.

Also
    That certainly saves me deliberation.

8. Default Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Maple Leaf Council

As much as I hate to say it, I honestly have no hopes whatsoever for this actually doing anything of merit. They already tried having full blown mini-GM players and look where that went. Maybe if they actually used some of those massive funds they've acquired to maintain their games they wouldn't have to keep trying these "volunteer" programs and shutting them down because of 15 year olds completely abusing it. Sorry for being a debby downer.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

These "Councillors" will have no power, in-game or even on Nexon's forums. So I don't really see any "abuse" as such happening. Worst that could happen is that someone pushes for their own pet peeve or pet project to be handled, rather than something a large part of their "constituency" is concerned with.

That said, I don't hold out too much hope for this thing. To me, they kind of resemble a student council at a school. Just how much they can do, depends on how much the school administration (in this case, Nexon) is willing to listen to them. I'm sure Artasi means well, and it's good to see someone at Nexon admitting they don't know everything about the game, and reaching out to expert players and community representatives. However, Mama Korea calls all the shots, NexonNA is understaffed, and it's unclear how high this Council's recommendations will sit on the GMS development team's priority list.

Of course, on the subject of "abuse", there's the concern of people breaking their NDA, which might cause Nexon to scrap the whole idea.

We'll see.

10. Default Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Maple Leaf Council

I think I'll continue staying/lurking here then, since extractions and mechanics attract me far more. Not as if Nexon is going to pay to fly me from Oxford to LA... what? Time? Can I eat that?

Hadriel

11. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

guess i-ll go and apply then, nothing to lose really.

12. Default Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Maple Leaf Council

For some clarity here:

Travel will not be required, but it will be offered to certain Sessions of the Council down the road, and not necessarily to every person involved (bringing 40~ people here would be a bit much). If it is offered, it would be offered to a select few high-achievers in the group and they would be expected, but, of course they can decline the invitation. But travel will most revolve around play tests, meet and greets, and just closer discussion of things, since we can have these conversations within the group itself without needing people to be here in person.

The only expectation in terms of "time" is that you make enough time in your week-to-week or day-to-day to participate in the Council itself, as if you miss a period of discussion, debate, or voting on particular items, then the voices of those you represent are left out. If that happens repeatedly, we would probably end up removing that person and appoint someone new.

That's not really something we expect to happen though. :)

13. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

"To be fair to all fansites, we must disqualify staff from all of them that are officially recognized."

I guess this disqualifies me because redditmod.

WELP...and with that, I've got to say that Justin's post hit the nail on the head.

14. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: I'm
    Server: not
    Level: on
    Job: this
    Guild: damn
    Alliance: game
    Farm: anymore
    canada

Looks like I'm immediately taken out of consideration. Got a false perma over the weekend

15. Default Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Maple Leaf Council

If it's a false ban and it's been resolved and noted as such, you should be fine. :)

16. Default Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Maple Leaf Council

Looks an awful lot like the EVE Online CSM . Where players once a year vote on players representing parts of the game. Twice a year they are flown to Iceland to discuss the state of the game and upcoming content.

Curious if this turns out to be the same, with the same merits and problems.

17. Default Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Maple Leaf Council

Is this some special case?
    Ever since I was released from my false ban I've never been able to touch any contest etc. not to mention they give you the same spiel as if you were guilty from the start regardless of any proven innocence.

18. Default Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Maple Leaf Council

Precisely this. That was actually my final straw in abandoning Aesilyn, when it randomly gave me a 30 day ban for afking 10 minutes in the one of the empty hallways between rooms in Temple of Time.
    Being treated like a criminal because the game itself horks when dozens of well known players actively, visibly, openly hack the crap out of it while bragging with absolute impunity is just off-putting.

It says anything I put into my account/characters is a waste, because I will always be a 2nd class citizen with zero avenue for legitimate appeal.

19. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: I'm
    Server: not
    Level: on
    Job: this
    Guild: damn
    Alliance: game
    Farm: anymore
    canada

This is exactly what I thought as well, considering accounts that had been punished in any way, deserved or not, were unable to participate in other events (server transfers, various forum events such as this one, etc.)

20. Default Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Maple Leaf Council

It's not a special case, or it shouldn't be. I'm not sure who you've been in contact with in our CS department, but if you were falsely banned for whatever it may be, and you were proven innocent and unbanned, this should be noted on your account and you should be eligible for participation following that being cleared.