top kek

2. Default Re: Cigarettes have benefits towards endurance training

smokers r jokers

3. Default Re: Cigarettes have benefits towards endurance training

kinda dumpomegranate is this

smokers stoopid af

4. Default Re: Cigarettes have benefits towards endurance training

DOES NOBODY READ THE ABSTRACT BECAUSE THAT'S THE POINT I AM GETTING AT HERE

"However, if research results are selectively chosen, a review has the potential to create a convincing argument for a faulty hypothesis. Improper correlation or extrapolation of data can result in dangerously flawed conclusions."

5. Default Re: Cigarettes have benefits towards endurance training

Sorry but its hard to take smoking or anything related not seriously.

2 words: Lung Cancer.

6. Default Re: Cigarettes have benefits towards endurance training

Guys. Pls. Read the abstract. For pete's sake.

7. Default Re: Cigarettes have benefits towards endurance training

I was going to be a smart ass and post a long essay about how wrong this article was but I couldn't find a suitable copy+paste template.

So

8. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Cigarettes have benefits towards endurance training

Literally everything has good and bad sides when it comes to health. So do cigarettes/nicotine:
    http://discovermagazine.com/2014/march/13-nicotine-fix
    Nicotine isn't really any worse than caffeine, in small amounts it's found naturally in potatoes, tomatoes, and eggplants. Breathing in toxic smoke just isn't the best form of nicotine medical treatment.

Diving in a narrow underwater cave is an amazing experiance, but you have a pretty high risk of dying. Lighting up candles regularly at your home may be as bad as secondhand smoke. But candles aren't seen as dangerous, because they're so cute and supposedly create some nice atmosphere. Same argument was used to defend bar smoking, part of the atmosphere. I have a feeling that awfully many of us southperrians sit in front of the computer all day. We are doomed.

Life is full of risks, it's all about balancing between being healthy and enjoying your life. Some people simply don't give a sh'it and lead high risk lifestyle. If they're not stepping on anyones toes while enjoying themselves, I don't see the problem. Let them put any freaking substance in their body, damn it.

Too many simply don't understand freedom. I don't smoke or drink but it's because I don't see the appeal, not because some smartasses online told me that they can kill me. If someone tells me not to sit in front of computer so much because it's unhealthy, I'll tell them to piss off. I'm 20, I don't need a babysitter. I'm not a piece of meat whose sole purpose is to exist as a clump of meat solely for the benefits of industries and governments.

9. Default Re: Cigarettes have benefits towards endurance training

here's one straight from the article itself.

"The review paper is a staple of medical literature and, when well executed by an expert in the field, can provide a summary of literature that generates useful recommendations and new conceptualizations of a topic. However, if research results are selectively chosen, a review has the potential to create a convincing argument for a faulty hypothesis. Improper correlation or extrapolation of data can result in dangerously flawed conclusions. The following paper seeks to illustrate this point, using existing research to argue the hypothesis that cigarette smoking enhances endurance performance and should be incorporated into high-level training programs."

10. Default Re: Cigarettes have benefits towards endurance training

Not what I was referring too, something along the lines of adlibs of arguments that you can make

11. Default Re: Cigarettes have benefits towards endurance training

Welcome to Earth.