IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Club Nintendo discontinued

Club Nintendo is being discontinued worldwide later this year, to be replaced with a new service.

As a small gift, a free copy of Flipnote Studio 3D will be given for download.
    In Europe they said that it is a gift for signing up to the new service during its launch period.
    for America, every member of Club Nintendo will get it as a free gift in February.

ALL stars (Europe) and coins (America) will expire. Stars expire for Europe on September 30th, Coins expire for America on July 1st.
    In order for people to spend all their remaining coins and stars, they are going to be adding more items to Club Nintendo over the next few months.

Also, in America, anyone who reached 300 coins (Gold Status) or 600 coins (Platinum Status) between July 2014 and March 31 2015 will get "Elite Status" and will get a free downloadable 3DS or Wii U game in April. (They said they'd post a list later with the games available)

Schedule for Europe:
    Schedule for the US:
    So if you have any nintendo games you haven't registered yet, you should do it now, and keep an eye on the site to see what you can spend your stuff on.

2. Default Re: Club Nintendo discontinued

Wow this sucks.

3. Default Re: Club Nintendo discontinued

I'm going to assume they're replacing it with a similar system more closely tied with Nintendo Network IDs. It is a bit redundant to require two different Nintendo IDs for tied services.

I do wonder, however, how the new service will be constructed. Will it be essentially the same idea? Will we have to earn "points" through different means? Only time will tell, I s'pose.

The new Club Nintendo of JP rewards are kind of 'meh.' Though, I am 10 points shy of being able to get The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Kid Icarus. lol

I am kind of thinking of Nazo no Murasamejou, though. I heard that game is kind of interesting.

4. Default Re: Club Nintendo discontinued

ive only ever gotten 2 folders and a little kirby epic yarn pouch thing from the eu catalogue. I have like 5000 ish stars rn but nothing to use it on cos all of it pm sucks..

5. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Default Re: Club Nintendo discontinued

Yeah the European one pineappleing sucks. I got the Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack at one point though, which was really good (22 tracks). I have about 3000 stars right now.

I'd hold on to them for now, since they said they'll be adding stuff in the next few months. I'll probably update this thread with new stuff if I can

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

After I read about it last night, I registered all the games I was saving for the reset in June. Curious to see what "exclusive" items they'll bring out as a farewell gift in February.

7. Default Re: Club Nintendo discontinued

Much love if you do because ill probably forget all about this by next week.

8. Default Re: Club Nintendo discontinued

Guess I should register all my games that have been sitting around.

9. Default Re: Club Nintendo discontinued

inb4 the new system retains registered games from the previous system and you already blew your chance.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

That'd be a plantain move, but also funny. I believe they said nothing is transferring over to the new system so we'll see I guess.

11. Default Re: Club Nintendo discontinued

So, what will happen to the Smash offerings?

12. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

The accounts basically just stop existing, so there is nothing to retain.

13. Default Re: Club Nintendo discontinued

What do you mean? Mewtwo, or the soundtracks? The soundtrack offer ends LONG before club nintendo actually gets the plug pulled and I'm assuming Mewtwo will be released long before then as well. There is a LOT of time before this actually ends.

14. Default Re: Club Nintendo discontinued

And nothing of value was lost.
    Spoiler

15. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

On the bright side, if Club Nintendo does come back as a more unified thing rather than 3 vastly different services, it might finally extend to Scandinavia again.

16. Default Re: Club Nintendo discontinued

Club nintendo's been pretty damn mediocre the past year or so anyway.

17. Default Re: Club Nintendo discontinued

Lucky I managed to get me some Kirby patches when I could.

18. Default Re: Club Nintendo discontinued

That's what i'm hoping for, it's still such a bother because most games aren't localized here anyway so all games i buy have club nintendo junk in them and it's just salt in the wound each time.

19. Default Re: Club Nintendo discontinued

Yeah, I figured as much when CN NA pulled virtually every reward from their offerings. Except a couple greeting cards and Grill-Off with Ultra Hand, then the recently added Smash Posters, and they had some game cases and an NES Remix shirt for a bit as well.

20. Default Re: Club Nintendo discontinued

I am not really surprised. I only signed up for an account to redeem a free game with my purchase of Mario Kart 8. In the half year I've been a member I wasn't overly impressed with the rewards.
    Also heard and read numerous things where people stated that the reward program use to be better. Hopefully the new service Nintendo provides is more consistent in the offerings it has to the people who use it.
    Last edited by Frostilyte; 2015-01-21 at 04:25 PM. Reason: where...not were