Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Default Wii Unable to Read Discs

Hey all,

So we just reconnected an old Wii that hasn't seen use in a few years and turned everything on. Though all systems appear functional (start-up is fine, all sensors and controllers work, the home screen operates normally), the DVD reader, though accepting Wii discs, has issued an "Unable to read disc" error to two of them. Might anyone know a possible solution?

Please let me know, and thanks a million in advance!

2. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: I'm
    Server: not
    Level: on
    Job: this
    Guild: damn
    Alliance: game
    Farm: anymore
    canada

Default Re: Wii Unable to Read Discs

I'm not sure how Wiis work and I'm basing it off of my experience with my PS3, but considering you haven't used the Wii in a few years, the disk reader might not be able to read as a result of a layer of dust.

I'm not 100% sure though, so take what I say with a grain of salt before you open up your wii.

3. Default Re: Wii Unable to Read Discs

If this is the case, a good place to start would be to purchase one of those lens cleaning disks. You can usually pick them up from walmart or somewhere similar.

4. Default Re: Wii Unable to Read Discs

I would unscrew it and see if you can wipe the disk reader lense off gently. The PS2 was very notorious for this issue.

5. Default Re: Wii Unable to Read Discs

This happened to my Wii as well. The funny thing is, it absolutely cannot read Wii discs. However, it can read Game Cube discs perfectly fine. ._. Now, it's just a super slim Game Cube, while my Wii U plays my Wii games.