Splatoon
    Zelda U
    New Pokemon Game
    Bayonetta 3 (let me dream)

Link:
    America
    UK

2. Default Re: Nintendo Direct - 14th January

Really...? When my shift starts at work tomorrow? That's fucked up.

Oh, well. I guess I'll have to play catch-up with this one tomorrow.

3. Default Re: Nintendo Direct - 14th January

I'm expecting a Monster Hunter 4U announcement as well, since all we know for its release outside of Japan is "Early/Q1 2015", with some EU GameStops reportedly 'leaking' a release date towards the end of Feb.

4. Default Re: Nintendo Direct - 14th January

Yeah kinda stupid it's on a weekday while everyone is at school and work. But oh well, will just have to watch it when I get home I guess.

5. Default Re: Nintendo Direct - 14th January

There's also a demo that's been released in certain events in Europe. Usually the Monster Hunter games get released about a month after their demos hit, so even though it's not public yet late February makes sense.

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Nintendo Direct - 14th January

Spoiler

Can you imagine though.

7. Default Re: Nintendo Direct - 14th January

What a fun direct that was

8. Default Re: Nintendo Direct - 14th January

Yeah that was a pretty good Direct all round, didn't expect the fire emblem stuff.

I've also gone from not buying a new 3DS to having to pre order one as soon as possible. pineapple you Nintendo Zelda special editions are my one weakness.

The Fire Emblem characters in Steam look good too but I don't have any amiibo.

9. Default Re: Nintendo Direct - 14th January

i kinda wanna get the new 3ds xl but then again that would be my third freakin replacement since the original released (original/xl/newxl)

also on the fence because my beloved peach silicone cover thingy will probs not fit the new one ;-;

10. Default Re: Nintendo Direct - 14th January

It won't. The New 3DS's are slightly differently sized.

11. Default Re: Nintendo Direct - 14th January

Even if it was the same size it would be no good since everything has been moved around like the stylus and cartridge slot.

I just received an email with the MH4U demo codes, I didn't think i would be eligible for them. I never usually get these special 3DS demos. I guess they just sent them out to everyone this time.

12. Default Re: Nintendo Direct - 14th January

sux. AND faceplates arnt compatible with new xl... HOW CAN I SHOW MY LOVE FOR PEACH NINTENDO

13. Default Re: Nintendo Direct - 14th January

I'm incredibly (irrationally) pissed off by the lack of small New 3DS in North America.

14. Default Re: Nintendo Direct - 14th January

I wonder if it didn't sell well in Japan, so they didn't think it was worth releasing here.

Edit: Or they were stupid and just forgot to mention it entirely. Apparently European sites are listing the non XL N3DS.

15. Default Re: Nintendo Direct - 14th January

According to Wired here, linking to this NeoGAF post here, the XL model of the New 3DS outsold the regular one 2 to 1. Which is why it's irrational for me to feel this way, they've gotta do what's best for business, even if it's not something I want.

I'm just super sad I won't get to experience the New 3DS, because I've never, and I never intend to, buy an XL model of any of Nintendo's handhelds.

I'm pretty sure that's not it, since it is getting a release in Europe. It's just not happening in North America (any time soon, at least). I was so psyched for this too, and every time they said specifically "New Nintendo 3DS XL" was devastating =(

16. Default Re: Nintendo Direct - 14th January

so I guess I should hold off on the faceplates then.

17. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

pineapple Nintendo of Europe with a rusty spike, seriously. They missed out so many things, I had to watch the American stream straight afterwards because of all the stuff they didn't include. From now on i'm just going to watch the American one by default.

The one thing I was most excited for was the Hyrule Warriors DLC, and they didn't show that at all. I went online after watching the direct to see if anyone was as frustrated as I was at getting nothing, only to see that it WAS revealed, in the US stream.

pineappleing annoying, it completely killed any hype or excitement I had.

And now i'm hearing the DLC pack has been delayed until next month as well, GRAGGHHHH.

18. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Literally all I cared about in that entire Direct was the fact that the Ness amiibo's been finally revealed.

The MM3DS is great and all but as usual Japan's version looks so much cooler. ;_; But I'm not planning on getting a New 3DS (XL) for a long time anyway.

19. Default Re: Nintendo Direct - 14th January

HOLY pomegranate, NEW FIRE EMBLEM!?!? HYPEHYPEHYPE.
    Seriously, that was completely unexpected since they are still supposedly working on the Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem crossover game.

Bit disappointed they kept the same art designer cause some of his designs are...questionable. But it looks like the character models finally have feet instead of stumps so that's a plus.

And holy pomegranate, Puzzle and Dragons combo package on 3DS. Wut.

20. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I've calmed down a little now, the hype is returning.

Splatoon looked FANTASTIC. seriously, that game has me hyped more than any other.
    Also, I've never played a Metroid game and I am seriously looking forward to buying the Metroid Prime trilogy on the virtual console for £9.
    I watched a trailer for Pandora's Tower too and i'm considering getting that as well, it looks pretty damn good. I hope it gets the half-price deal too.

The free-to-play Pokemon game looks fun in small doses. Would definitely be a good reason for me to pick up my 3DS every day.

Project Treasure sounds interesting, a free, Wii-U exclusive, 4 player online multiplayer action game? exciting. I wish they'd shown some of it though.