1. Water
    IGN: Dragon4meII
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 211
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: PityDaFool

Default Area that was biggest waste?

I consider the whole Colossus to be one of the biggest waste that was ever released in game? Have they ever done anything with this area in other regions? I still have no clue what it was intended for. Not great experience training and no real boss worth killing. I did all the quests one time and never have had a reason to go back to this area.

2. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

You got a perm badge for killing the boss which back then was a big deal since you couldn't get perm badges outside of events. Other than that though it's kind of "meh"

3. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

Omega Sector?

Korean Folk Town?

4. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

I enjoyed Omega Sector years ago, and I don't think it's been updated in many years so that's not really a fair comparison. Also, the music rocks.

5. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

The quests in both Omega Sector and KFT were fun to do, though. And I personally enjoyed the map designs, BGM, monsters.

6. Water
    IGN: Dragon4meII
    Level: 211
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: PityDaFool

I only likes Omega Sector , before tele rocks and such, for sending unsuspecting people who would ask where I got an item from. I know i sent a good 10+ people to Omega Sector for VIP weapons when they first arrived. This was back when you were investing at least 20 minutes to get there and tower scrolls.

7. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

My thoughts exactly!

8. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

Pretty sure the undisputed champion would be ruined NLC.

For this, I'm not talking about waste as in the content it gave (man those no death animation aliens gave OP exp), but as a waste of potential content the original NLC was supposed to give.

9. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

This place is so useless and such a waste that no one even remembers/knows about it:

Twisted Aqua Road.

I have never quested there, but I would be willing to retract my statement if someone can tell me it has a good story or is more than Kill (Too Many) Numbers of X Monsters that I looked at and said, "Nope."

I liked KFT's quests and Omega Sector's weren't horrible, by comparison.

10. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

Tynerum. The exp rewards for quests is just abysmal, you go in doing the Crimson Heart castle quests and they're all oh heres 1m exp for talking! Then you finish that and you have to investigate the Tynerum region and do quests, oh look the quests are now giving 78k EXP.. are you serious? Not to mention the absolutely confusing designs for some maps, "Kill 100 ghost trees" ok simple enough, oh wait the map I'm in spawns 2 types of tree..? pineapple you. Just make 1 tree mob only.

Then theres the labyrinth that I don't encounter anyone inside anyway, probably because Tynerum as a whole just has the absolute WORST pineappleing spawn rates i've ever seen in maplestory. They spawn a maximum of 12 mobs in the maze and you're asked to collect 100 fragments that drop at a 1:20 rate? You know how long that took me on 1x? 40 pineappleing minutes. You know what my exp reward for that was? 78 pineappleING THOUSAND EXP.

Oh but don't worry you get to go and deal with gollux after another TEDIOUS collection quest!! Great a boss that I enjoy doing!! Oh so I killed it what do I get for EXP? Oh.. nothing. Oh wait I died in that gollux run, oh I lost EXP, get pineappleing REAL.

I don't mind Commerci as much because the quests are so much better but I just wish the spawns were better or quicker, I've never seen a kms originated map that has terrible spawn rate and quantity.

Top 3 Worst Places :
    #1 : Twisted Aquarium
    #2 : Tynerum
    #3 : Current NLC/CWK

11. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

I completed Twisted Aqua just for completion's sake, and it was awful.

12. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

40 min? thats not that bad if you want the boss(beats pink bean by far) also I've done way worse in this game.

13. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

Fantasy Theme Park, and maybe even Ariant, seems to be neglected.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Ariant was quite interesting when it was introduced. I liked the quest line, it had a good story and it had puzzles, not just "kill these and collect those because I want you to".
    With the latest "revamp" and "streamlining" (read: dumbing down) the quest line was gutted, and the new level of the mobs is not too useful for training, so the area is neglected.

I suppose if by "big waste" we include areas that were good or had potential but were destroyed or allowed to rot, then that counts. But I understand it to mean areas that were useless as soon as they appeared, a complete waste of development effort, like Twisted Aqua Road. Fantasy Theme Park qualifies.

15. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

Yeah, I'm going to have to say twisted aqua road for sure. Boring maps, lazy recolors, and the inability to swim topped off with some of the worst quests I've seen in the game.

16. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

Actually, I think Veracent may be up there with Twisted Aqua. At least TA has reskins. Veracent just has reused maps and mobs slapped into one big mess.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

We never got Veracent, though.

And I think it had that Kerberus boss? And useful-for-their-time equips?

18. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

Didn't think this thread was just for GMS.
    Nothing really spectacular about those though, at least not anymore.

19. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

Veracent is currently EMS's best grind spot for 100-160 as it has maps for both the unfunded and the funded. Hell, even I made 150 on shade and I'm of the worst species of grinders... the only thing veracent sucks for is ksers, there's plenty. I agree on twisted aqua, been there once for 2 minutes, never returned.