Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

fkn this mang fkn this

id always make a thief to dark sight the fk outta mobs when i drop down the eos tower and i felt like a god. i remember getting trapped in omega sector once cuz i was bein a lil betch lol
    i also got another character trapped in el nath, it was some fire.

but tbh, the biggest waste was the whole crimsonwood jackpomegranate cuz no one even goes there anymore and the pq hella died out, lol is the pq still even there
    i mean the soundtrack is pretty fire but the area itself is dead and im tryna save some computer space downloadin gms dam hella give me some space

2. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

Its a great levelling place for questers(like myself). Colossus on the other hand was just draggy as hell and annoying to do. You cant just judge a place by the lack of training maps because sometimes their quests give some bomb ass EXP.

3. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

yay i got 1 like for this comment.

anyway one of my friends made a thread on nex suggestions forum to that effect

http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...23post11377141

though i doubt anything will happen since that forum is spammed so much and they have never taken any of the ideas. they probably don't even read it.

4. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

you can't un-explore a game you've been playing for almost 10 years

5. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

I think you missed the concept there.
    Do I really need to lay out the difference between the streamlined, EXP focused crap they have been throwing at us for many years now and what Maple tended to offer, or at least had the ambition to offer, prior to that?

Also, the adventuring aspect worked for years, so there was plenty of time to loose the new and shiny feel.

6. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

Talking about adventuring, something that maybe killed it: may be the fast lving, before big bang it was really slow to level up, so people would explore more, and do more quests, since slowly leveling in griding isn't really cool, but now people level much faster, some may get 100 in 3 days, and if the person went explorer 3 or 4 cities, would take longer, like: people go to the Romeo and Juliet PQ and they level super fast, the place is really good, but i don't like that because the peoples that level in there start in lv70 to 140 i guess or 130(if not more), so they won't know much about lots of places(like Mu Lung, Nihal, and other cities).

7. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

I think the biggest issue that Maple had, for me, was that there's not really any point in going...anywhere.

Maple has never been able to do anything besides very generic quests. There may be tons of areas, but what's the point of me going to any of them? EXP routes are pretty much set in stone by players a day after the content is added. It's either good for EXP or it is not, and if it's not, no one goes there ever again. Quest lines give almost no EXP, and very rarely do they give items worth your time. Even if they are, they're so over-populated for the first month that there's no point in going there, and the next month something better exists. The types of quests are almost always identical. There's basically 4 types of quests in Maple, since the beginning: Item Collection, NPC Talking, Monster Killing, and Very Basic Action Taking (Go to door, use item types of quests). There's nothing unique about these quests, and nothing about the other areas that make me want to visit them.

So...to answer the question of the original post....all of them. There's so many areas in Maplestory, but there would be no difference if there wasn't. There's no reason to visit them. It's a serious problem Maple has almost always had. It's something they can definitely solve, and something they tried very hard to solve with Big Bang, but then ruined it with future updates.

Which actually brings me to my biggest point - Maple is always trying to 1-up itself. That's why it has such big issues. The next patch doesn't focus on expanding on content, it focuses on taking that old content and making it obsolete immediately. They don't go back to old areas unless it's to revamp (and 1-up) it to beat out the previous area.

8. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

I've always believed Maple needed something similar to World of Warcraft's reputation system, to make doing quests in weird places worthwhile.