Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

I agree with most of this, however I solved the bulk of the problem by bringing a Kanna along. The final collection quests for the maze take half the time. Kanna has a particularly grand effect on spawn in Crimsonheart Castle, too. Kanna changed the whole process from being 2-3 hours to being under an hour.

2. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

Most stuff added after Temple of Time.
    There has been few true areas added after it, and they have all been mostly inconsequential for just about everything.
    I want to say the addition of Gollux and Commerci broke the pomegranate streak , but the actual areas themselves were pretty useless except for the boss part.

3. Water
    IGN: Dragon4meII
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 211
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: PityDaFool

Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

I miss the old Ariant and Ariant PQ, that was almost as much fun ans the sheep versus wolf event. The other good thing about old Ariant was smuggling bombs out of the PQ and using them in El Nath back when people would have to wait in town to be doored to Zak. You could push them all the way across town.

4. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

I think Commerci has potential to be a lot better, besides voyages.
    Revamp the mobs to fit Rising Heroes standards, maybe make it 150-160 or something, and turn the higher HP counterparts into Starstruck mobs.

5. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

It is hard to find a most desolated area than Twisted Aqua Road but, when you talk about waste, can you really count that one? Think about it, most if not all elements of Twisted Aqua Road are existant and recolored elements of the original one. Developing this area probably only took a couple days given everything they needed for it was already assembled there which they just had to clone and slightly modify.

I would have to go with Kritias for this, at least when it concerns GMS. It has around 30 different maps, 20 types of mobs, a party quest, good graphics, a good storyline, good music, yet I'm willing to bet around 1% of the total population goes there for anything.

Tynerum and Commerci would be in the same boat if it wasn't for the Bosses/Voyages, instead they are on the same level as Mu Lung and Elnath, almost useless except for a certain boss / PQ.

6. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

Kritias gives reset tickets. I spend 20-30 minutes there every day, and I'm sure quite a few other people do as well.

7. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

To be honest I feel like the game in general came out as wasted potential. That isn't to say it's a bad game, just it could have been so much better if they didn't make such an unnecessary dedication towards profit. Maplestory has this unique artstyle that can be almost considered timeless with a lot of open world capability. It ended up being boss focused, cube focused, and really cheap gimmicks in my opinion. I really couldn't name an area specifically, it just feels like majority, if not all maps ended up being a disappointment as the life expectancy was based on simply training efficiency.

8. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

I can live with the boss focus if it wasnt for the cubes.

Honestly potential wise about 2 months ago I would have said edlstine Due to the fact that it was the perfect place to expand maples main storyline and with black haven comming out they finally used that.

9. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

I don't think one single item can justify the development of one whole area as big as Kritias.

10. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

What EXP does second drill hall give in KMS? Is it around 20~30k? Cause I just want to understand why they decide mobs in Kritias are only worth a max of 70~k.

11. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

Ghost Ship Exorcist badge is perm, has 3rd tier potential, and was around before Colossus.

Most of the theme dungeons below level 100 seem pointless to me. Chryse in particular was my least favorite. All I ever did there was solo Xerxes repeatedly for exp.

12. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

Ghost Ship Exorcist is also GMS-exclusive.

13. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

The ghost ship badge is one of GMS biggest mistakes in that basically they took an item unique and strong enough to be on par with superior gloves from kritias and threw it into one of the lamest questline in the game as an excuse to drive people to this content. At the same time you have FriendStory which has a pretty funny storyline and its overall entretaining giving a badge that is at best on part with Crystal Ventus.

Anyone with the least bit of brains would realize the ghost ship badge should at the very least switched with the Shinsoo school one.

14. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

You got really nice capsules from omega sector that let you transport directly from Ludibrium to the omega sector! Plus there's always spindle there who was useful for crafting ITCG items. While it wasn't the best place, it had its usefulness.

15. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

heres an idea - perhaps they should regularly allocate an area which is underplayed as a bonus exp area for like a month and give like 3x more exp there or whatever the ratio of overpoweredness the currently most popular area is.

then their underused content will get some play

16. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

I actually completely forgot about Ghost Ship Exorcist. So that's sort of my bad there.

17. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

While I agree that ghost ship badge is op in terms of potential ability and scrolling and that it is too easy to get, tbh I wish they would revamp that area again or make them star areas and hell a star boss, but I disagree on the part on shinsoo high. That stuff was pineappleing awful... While I do agree they should up the stats on the shinsoo badge to make up for having to go through that.

18. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

da fek did u sai!?

I love KFT! I trained on my F/P there many years ago and farmed DC ores

19. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

I don't know if it counts, but Florina Beach comes to mind. To me, it was always just sort of... there. A few barren maps with Lupins, Klangs, and a couple of extremely dated quests. I remember having to pay a couple thousand mesos to an NPC in Lith Harbor to get there before it was sort of annexed with Nautilus Harbor, but I never felt any real incentive to ever go there. It just sort of became a botting playground for a while and faded into obscurity.

20. Default Re: Area that was biggest waste?

Back when Maple was more about adventuring it was kind of cool to be able to go to the beach. It had its uses for quest completing and coconuts needed for a few things.

Besides cubes, Maples biggest misstake was to move away from adventuring.