Thread: [Notice] Recent DDOS Attacks

1. Default Recent DDOS Attacks

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/news/current/00IGe/

2. Default Re: Recent DDOS Attacks

Same message last year, and yet not a lot has changed. :\

3. Default Re: Recent DDOS Attacks

Pretty sure we had this same message less than a month ago.

4. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: Recent DDOS Attacks

Technically he's not wrong lol.

5. Default Re: Recent DDOS Attacks

There really isn't THAT terribly much they can do to stave off these constant attacks... Microsoft ended up NEGOTIATING with the attackers to get it to finally stop... that's just how bad things are right now. We have to just grit our teeth and ride it out, unfortunately.

6. Default Re: Recent DDOS Attacks

Does this discard the rumor that it was being done with the purpose of duping or it actually backs it up?

7. Default Re: Recent DDOS Attacks

Dude. From when I started, and even after I stopped playing maple? Nexon has managed to retain the same ethics and business practices. Such as these. For over 4 years.

It simply isn't enough to acknowledge an issue by itself. If you mean to show your consumer that you mean to ensure quality (or anyone in any situation, really), it takes an earnest call to action. To change those bad habits and keep it that way. It isn't easy, even moreso for Nexon because I imagine there has to be a lot of corporate jargon and mumbo jumbo yatta yatta. But, I think we can all safely agree that if Nexon put an end to this terrible practice once and for all (and keep it that way), that they, Maplestory and anyone who played it could only benefit.

8. Default Re: Recent DDOS Attacks

There is a public dupe but duping and DDoSing are unrelated in this case. You wouldn't receive lag from a channel crash, which is what they need to do in order to dupe.

9. Default Re: Recent DDOS Attacks

The saddest part about this dupe is that the market was already such pomegranate it was barely affected in the ~3 months the dupe has been around.