Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Default [Complete] Unscheduled Maintenance - December 29, 2014


    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/mai...cements/00IG5/



  2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 225
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Dominion

    Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 29, 2014


    Interesting.
    What did they break this time?

  3. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 29, 2014


    I hope they fix this NGS thing.

  4. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 29, 2014


    inb4 a private dupe or something getting patched and ~30% of the population permabanned with the remaining ~70% hellbanned.

  5. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 29, 2014


    It's christmas/new years! a dupe wouldn't stay private

  6. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

    Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 29, 2014


    There's a packet editor that's out now apparently. Maybe this has something to do with it? Or maybe they just needed to do some emergency network upgrades to prevent further DDOS attacks? The IT team probably came back from break this week (since the other games are getting a maintenance tomorrow) while the rest of the Nexon staff will come back next week.

  7. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 29, 2014


    I'd be nice if they told us what they were doing, such as fixing bugs, or giving some kind of indication as to why it's down. A bland "maintenance" message can mean so many different things. Especially if it's unscheduled.
    I also remember reading somewhere on the official forums or site that a Nexon representative said there wouldn't be any downtime during the holidays and into the new year. Unscheduled maintenance aside, I wonder if that means it's something of adequate importance.

  8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 225
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Dominion

    Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 29, 2014


    Artasi, the Community Manager, posted that
    So, this must be some kind of emergency. Though they gave us 9 hours advance notice, so it's not a critical emergency.

    Normally by this point in a maintenance they update the notice to indicate what they're fixing. Odd that they're not doing so now. But I guess it's "server stability" or "backend changes to the servers" or whatever code-phrases they use.

  9. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 29, 2014


    Yes, thank you! I knew I saw it somewhere, but alas, was too lazy to try and sift through it.

    I suppose I honestly don't mind it being down—because they gave us plenty of notice—but I can't help wonder why their downtime has been especially continual as of late. Holidays aside, because that's understandable, the downtime this half of the year has been increasing pretty steady.
    They really ought to just really sit down and work out all the kinks. Some of the infrastructure to the game's design is so outdated, it's not even funny. And I don't think adding event on top of event helps with that already damaged structure.

    It's like their pipes need to be cleaned, y'know? There's only so much the pipes can take before they're backed up.

  10. Default [Update] Unscheduled Maintenance - December 29, 2014






  11. Default [Complete] Unscheduled Maintenance - December 29, 2014






  12. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 29, 2014


    Oh no they didnt...

  13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 225
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Dominion

    Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 29, 2014


    Also,

    http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...23post11250767

  14. Water Straight Male
    IGN: Pybo
    Server: Scania
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile
    Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

    Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 29, 2014


    At least they acted faster than last year.

    Then again, the economy is effed up as it is...

  15. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - December 29, 2014


    Yeah I'm pretty sure trade blocking really doesn't do anything >_>

  16.  

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •