Good luck for everyone who is eligible for this.
A dead horse that just lies there as you beat it.
Reminds me a lot of the make your own
Pq event. That went no where
Oooh oooh, how about a literal damage sponge!
Y'all are negative as pineapple.
rofl they didn't even announce a winner last for the pq one yet
ooh, australia and nz are eligible for this
how about alien invaders who look like upright silver dung beetles and shoot blowdarts.
As expected i can't enter. oh well it'll be interesting to see what people come up with at least.
i know just the right thing to win, mixing innovation and GMS like nothing else is able to, the monster will be
What CM was in charge of that event? Artasi has been doing a really good job so far with keeping his word/keeping up with contests and threads.
I kind of want to join just for the thrill of it all. are they looking for a boss monster or mobs or ??????
I'd provide a link to Artasi's post in the Nexon forums that says so, but their forums seem to be down now (victims of DDoS as well?)
Much thanks! :D
There's only so much you can say about a maplestory mob.
no idea happened like 2-3 years ago. they just never talked about it again lel
Girasol seemed to be in charge since she actively answered a lot of questions about the event, she left 2 days before the event ended.
<Mods, can you move this to events if necessary? :D>
Hi Maplers! Community Manager Artasi, here! :)
Have you ever wanted to be the person who designs monsters for MapleStory? If you could - what would they be like? All of the monsters in our game have their own unique strengths and challenges that players must overcome in order to defeat them! On top of that, our monsters have unique physical traits that make them stand out so that no two monsters are alike!
Introducing the Official MapleStory "Design-a-Monster" contest! In this contest we are looking for players design a monster for MapleStory! The grand prize winner will have their entry submitted directly to the MapleStory development and Production teams for consideration of implementation into the game at a later period of time!
If this goes well, this may be something we do on a recurring basis to send player creations over to our Development Team!
Design the Ultimate Monster for MapleStory!
- A Physical Description (Artwork is HIGHLY encouraged! MapleStory-style pixel art even more so!)
- What kind of attacks and abilities are in their arsenal?
- What's their story? How do they fit in Maple World?
- Anything else you can think of! Use your imagination to both tell us and show us what makes your monster unique!
RULES AND JUDGING CRITERIA
- Post your submission on the official MapleStory forum thread before the end of the contest submission period, December 31st. Include the name of your MapleStory character and World with your entry.
- Multiple submissions, plagiarism, and use of inappropriate content (in the opinions of the judges) shall be grounds for disqualification.
- The full disclosure of the Official Rules for this contest can be found here: http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...est%26nxid%3D6
Creativity and originality - 50%
Fit of the new monster into the MapleStory universe - 30%
Anticipated entertainment value - 20%
- 10 winners will receive a MapleStory gift crate, including items such as MapleStory Stickers, a MapleStory Tumbler, or a MapleStory Yeti Plushie!
- The bottom 5 winners will receive a set of MapleStory Stickers, a MapleStory Yeti plushie and 50,000 MaplePoints!
- The upper 4 winners will receive a MapleStory Water Bottle, a MapleStory Yeti plushie, a set of MapleStory Stickers, as well as 100,000 MaplePoints.
- The Grand Prize winner will have a chance to have their monster considered for creation and implementation by the development team for use in MapleStory, as well as receiving 150,000 MaplePoints, a King Pepe plushie, a set of MapleStory Stickers, a MapleStory Water Bottle and a MapleStory Hoodie
Contest runs from December 12th, to December 31st.
Read more, and enter the contest here: MapleStory "Design-a-Monster" Contest
what it's asking for isn't really that far out there though.
physical description is probably just the size of the monster proportionate to a normal maplestory character, skills is obviously the skills that the mob will randomly cast, damaging abilities and attacks are pretty much the same thing.
How do you design a monster without having an idea what the area the monster habit is like? No ntention of being pesimistic but this sounds like an event that will go nowhere
|Slip's Music Database (GMS v177: The Afterlands)||Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase||v.177 â€“ Strange Stories Update Preview|
|[KMS]Inkwell Diary # 72 - Night Walker skill preview||[Updated] v.177 â€“ Strange Stories Patch Notes||Rules and Regulations [UPDATED: 2014-09-15]|
|NXPatcher - Create your own pre-patcher & list of Maple FTPs||[Rant] This game's practically dead in terms of actual content.||Onyx Ring Discussion|
|Is NexonNA trying to kill Reboot World?||Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update||Beast Tamer discussion thread|
|RED update thoughts and feedback||Known Issues: Updated August 6, 2015||Maplestory 2, Aanyeong|