1. Default Possible? The Nexon conspiracy of Chaos Scroll.

First of all, I know that mathematicians are going to give long explanations about the RNG thingy, but please stop. I truly understand the theory of RNG.

Ok, back to topic.

As far as I know(my experiences), normal Chaos Scroll usually give 0 to minus stats to equipment. Even a passing rate of more than half 60%, failed most of the time without 3rd party mutiplier(before You&I).
    Spoiler

Do you think Nexon is behind all this? As we don't really see the actual coding but function from just the extraction. Do you think they secretly added in some code to the success rate or the chance of giving plus stats?

I know there is private server, but do you think we can actually extract the coding from genuine server to see the coding?

**Note: I don't actually know how coding works, last 2 paragraphs are just my guess**

Please discuss in a viewpoint of 3rd party instead of RNG's side.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Possible? The Nexon conspiracy of Chaos Scroll.

3. Default Re: Possible? The Nexon conspiracy of Chaos Scroll.

*don't know the maths*

But from what I see from 3 charts(1st and last 2 links), and comparing 1st and last 2.
    So there is really something wrong in the coding? They are not "uniformly" as what it should be in the first chart.

From what I see, does the thread you posted mean there is nothing like fair RNG?

4. Orbital Bee Cannon

The thread I posted says that the distribution is "normal" or "bell curved" rather than uniform. Meaning you have a much higher chance of changing your stats by 1 than by 5.

If you consider that "unfair", then that is so. But that chart also shows that you're more likely to get +1 than -1, which is contrary to your conspiracy theory.

5. Default Re: Possible? The Nexon conspiracy of Chaos Scroll.

I have no idea, most of my scrolling experiences are painful to even try again but since I always able to get them for free and use them for fun, they just got more +0 or minus than +1 or above. Well most of the time fail on the 60% passing rate though.

Anyway, in your opinion, do you think there is a possibility in the coding part to get lesser chance of +5 or -5? as shown in the chart.

Or a way to get to see their coding aside from hacking, etc?

6. Orbital Bee Cannon

It's possible to program a random number generator to give Normal, or Poisson, or whatever other distribution curve you want.

It's not possible to see the current coding of Chaos Scrolls, short of breaking into Nexon's computers.
    They have on occasion leaked parts of their code, but as far as I know the only official server code out there is from before Chaos Scrolls.

7. Default Re: Possible? The Nexon conspiracy of Chaos Scroll.

Wow, these "possibility theories"... First time come across. OK. I think I will leave this matter. Nothing more to say.

Edit: One last thing, how about the passing rate? Is it also same theories as your mentioned?

8. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

nexon's % have never been 100% true for example the 90% pot scrolls which pretty much love to explode stuff

9. Default Re: Possible? The Nexon conspiracy of Chaos Scroll.

Passing rate is exactly as stated. Since RNG is pseudo-random, individual results may get a bit weird when used in quick succession, but overall the rates average out to exactly what they should be.

Edit:
    Having chaos scroll results with Poisson or Gaussian distribution is not a crackpot theory. Simple tests produce data that clearly show that's the case.
    Last edited by Marksman Bryan; 2014-12-09 at 11:07 AM.