Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Exclamation Fafnir Prices Are Gonna Sky Rocket

Not to mention other equips. Just sold a Mana Cradle for 400 mill, that I bought a few weeks ago for only around 100 mill.

Basically this new star system let's you run amok with enhancements because instead of outright destroying it, it gives you this equipment trace coupon thingy, meaning if it blows up you can restore the original weapon, all its stats, potentials and nebs onto a clean one... which means suddenly everyone is now buying equips up left and right to meet the sudden new demand! So buy now... buy everything that's cheap now! Srsly, if you have any mesos at all I would just buy up every last Fafnir weapon you can get ahold of! o_O

2. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Fafnir Prices Are Gonna Sky Rocket

It'll even out eventually. This whole enhancement system is a humongous meso sink that will eventually cause mass deflation. Short term, the market is still crazy from BF nonsense and this will just exacerbate things. The more telling long term impact will be how long it takes Nexon to fix non instanced CRA drops.

3. Default Re: Fafnir Prices Are Gonna Sky Rocket

Meso botters benefit the most from this. Prices gonna rise so fast.

4. Default Re: Fafnir Prices Are Gonna Sky Rocket

Fafnir prices will rise more from the fact that they're no longer instanced. Star Force will have some effect but nowhere near as much.

5. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

It's the same for people saying star force is a meso sink, at first it will be and mesos will deflate somewhat, but it will sooner or later return to the current state since you are doing pomegranate against the root of the problem: Bots.

6. Default Re: Fafnir Prices Are Gonna Sky Rocket

In my opinion, we still better, I don't know KMS/JMS/TMS since I can't read they languages, but if we compare to MSEA's deflation. We are nothing. At least our items still able to sell in meso, but theirs' end-game, or semi-endgame, no longer worth the meso.

Their meso also dirt cheap.

7. Default Re: Fafnir Prices Are Gonna Sky Rocket

Stsr force alone would hardly raise the price. I got 5 items to 15 star and only one blew up in the process. The fact they aren't instanced is what will make prices nuts.

Although, people will probably be big enough babies and cry enough for nexon to re-implement instanced drops.

8. Default Re: Fafnir Prices Are Gonna Sky Rocket

I dunno, would be nice to have equips worth something again, right? People liked cheap cra, but if they can't see the kind of damage it did to the economy, well...

also, I just did all 4 bosses last night, I got 5 tops, 0 hats, 1 bottom, and 0 weapons. I think the drop rates could be increased a slight bit if they're gonna get rid of instanced drops. It's fine to do so, but they can't just make us go from too many equips to literally none. >_>

9. Default Re: Fafnir Prices Are Gonna Sky Rocket

They dont even drop at all in msea.. so like, chill.. lol

10. Default Re: Fafnir Prices Are Gonna Sky Rocket

They do drop in MSEA, but one out of 100 runs.

11. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Noobs be like "wahh now I can't leech off my OP friend for gear now".

I remember back when the items were first instanced, I never thought it was a good idea, and clearly it's not.
    I agree that there needs to be a happy medium.

On one hand, this will help restore some of the balance in the economy. On the other hand, it is also promoting solo play (as opposed to leeching friend play).
    Let's hope this stays instanced until Nexon realizes the bigger problem lies with elite bosses and botters.

12. Default Re: Fafnir Prices Are Gonna Sky Rocket

Today you learned that Star Force was created to be both a meso sink and a method of improving gameplay! Players having stockpiles of fafnir gear is worthless. Fafnir gear (being one of the best equipment sets in the game) shouldn't be so easily stockpiled.

13. Default Re: Fafnir Prices Are Gonna Sky Rocket

Yeah the instance thing was never really a good idea, many CRA equips basically became worthless. The Star Force thing I think will help "clean up the mess" a bit, as far as existing stockpiles, but the overall end result I think will be higher than usual prices... which may or may not be a bad thing depending on how you look at it.

The days of endless hordes of CRA equips are pretty much over though it looks like... so if you're a collector of sets (like me), best to buy now while you can, cause the price will only go up from here.

I think the best change they've done so far is making easy Magnus... well, actually easy! Now it's real easy to farm a few shadow coins every day to get some real nice Tyrant equips.

14. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

@Krysti; Nova/Helisium*

15. Default Re: Fafnir Prices Are Gonna Sky Rocket

http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...26viewfull%3D1

This confirms the non-instanced drops is indeed a bug.

oh, nevermind.

16. Default Re: Fafnir Prices Are Gonna Sky Rocket

No, you're right. Waltzing is confirming that instanced drops are intentional and right now the system is bugged.

17. Default Re: Fafnir Prices Are Gonna Sky Rocket

Oh I just assumed someone already got to this first.

18. Default Re: Fafnir Prices Are Gonna Sky Rocket

Everyone's already got just about everything deflated back to the point it was at before this even happened so I'm perfectly fine with going back to instanced drops, even though I despise the system and think it should've never been implemented.

19. Default Re: Fafnir Prices Are Gonna Sky Rocket

I think instanced drops would be fair if the drop rate is lower. What makes it lame imo is that people who can solo the bosses, bringing noobs in to loot all the different drops. Instancing the drops was supposed to reward players who kill the bosses in a party so everyone gets their fair share of profit, not noobs coming it to leech off one OP player.