Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Movies] Star Wars The Force Awakens!

1. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Default Star Wars The Force Awakens!

Teaser Trailer #1!

It's here! And it's looking good!

This is the definition of teaser, no story whatsoever about the movie, just cool shots and a couple of characters. (One already introduced in Star Wars: Rebels)

Teaser Trailer #2!

Last edited by Eliseo; 2015-04-16 at 01:54 PM.

2. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Default Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens!

FINALLY, ONE THAT ISN'T A SHISTY RICKROLL. THANK YOU.

3. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Now 2015 will feel a bit longer...

That new lightsaber design doesn't seem that practical though.

4. Default Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens!

I don't really understand why people would be even slightly excited for it. General consensus says the last 3 were terrible, so why would another one make people excited?

I guess Star wars is like the movie equivilant of the sonic franchise.

5. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

*confession bear* I think Revenge of the Sith was the best movie

6. Default Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens!

They explicitly said this trilogy would be nothing like the prequel. They intend to put less emphasis on special effects and respect the original material way more.

Haters gonna hate, I'm hyped as hell.

7. Default Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens!

My opinion is that one is the only watchable movie of the 6. But that's why I said "popular opinion" and not "my opinion". Eh, maybe the first of the original trilogy (episode 4?) was good enough too.

8. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

Episode V is pretty good. It defy all standards of the time, and it's a pretty good movie in both story telling and effects in this day.

To me, episode III Revenge of the Sith and episode V The Empire Strikes Back are of the best movies out there. The stakes and emotions in both of those movies are pretty big, and you feel for the characters. Star Wars also possess so many unique items, from lightsabers to spaceships, along with the force.

I say this to you because I do believe it's worth of the hype it's getting. In both prequel and sequel there is one movie that is memorable, and this teaser showed some really good set pieces.

9. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I think I must be the only one not super hyped about this teaser. The special effects look about the same as usual and it revealed precisely nothing surprising unless you count the black guy.

Because this one isn't written and heavily influenced by George Lucas. By all accounts, he was responsible for the crappy dialogue and stupid plots from Episodes I-III. Oh and there won't be any Hayden Chistensen to completely pineapple up the acting. JJ Abrams has a pretty good track record with sci-fi series/movies so I'm pretty optimistic that he can turn Star Wars around. That said, I've got a healthy dose of skepticism since I'm a fan of the written Expanded Universe and know it could be a complete flop. I think they should be enjoyable and have the potential to be fantastic as long as fans don't let the hype create unrealistic expectations.

10. Default Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens!

Nope, I think the only part I liked was the part with the bike, to the rest I was just going "what?".

11. Default Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens!

Probably because it has much of the old cast in it. They are not going to be around for all that many years longer, so this was kind of the final chance at doing it right.

I am sourly dissapointed at Star Wars: Rebels though. So much potential and they run with the same old story and the same old archetypes. I hope those kind of cancerous ideas stay in the cartoon. It is mostly for kids after all, and need to catch their attention with familiar stuff.

12. Default Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens!

To be fair, the "after Episode VI" story has been covered in so many books and comics, it's not a surprise even remotely that people are looking forward to a movie representation of any of those stories (or even parts of them).

Plus, outside of Episode I, I didn't think any of the movies were all that bad. And I recently watched the Clone Wars TV show, and while somewhat childish (which it was made for to begin with), it's quite a decent show.

I think the newer movies are victims of nostalgiaists. They always feel that nothing will ever be as good as the original no matter what. Nothing will please them. So of course they consider the newer three worse than the older three, because that's how they are.

There are people like that for everything. Games, movies, TV shows, everything. Sometimes they're right, but most of the time they have their source material on such a pedestal that it's impossible to surpass it or even get close.

13. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

I guiltily think SNL's trailer was far better than the actual one lol
    @Polantaris; TCW series was enjoyable in a youth demographic kind of way. My only beef with it was Lucas inserting the bullpomegranate mortis monolith. This whole force gods thing completely ruins the fusion of western knights with eastern philosophy.

14. Default Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens!

I felt like those two (or was it three) episodes were completely random and out of universe for the most part. It seemed very out of place in general. But for the most part, I found the show pretty good. It had plenty of the cliche youth themes, but that's to be expected considering it was made with them in mind. I'm a sucker for good space battles, though, and TCW had a lot of them.

15. Default Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens!

The last 3 were terrible. That said, if this follows the actual post-Return of the Jedi storyline, it's going to be pineappleing amazing; the climax of the final movie could be the best thing ever made if they do it right and follow the jedimaster Luke storyline where he starts the Jedi training facility on Endor.

16. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

It also became a pretty big thing at the end of the Fate of the Jedi novels. I thought Abeloth was an awesome Force monster and
    Spoiler
    , but the idea of cyclically reincarnated Force gods is so out of place that it reminds me of The Wheel of Time. Actually, the main reason I finally got around to watching TCW was because that pomegranate came out of no where in the books after those episodes were written.

I would kill for an X-wing pilot TV series (like the comics/novels/games). The biggest thing about the new trilogy is not the movies themselves, but the opening of the rest of the universe. I fully expect some Marvel style spin offs for fan favorites like Boba Fett.

17. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

Let's not forget we have 3 spin-offs films fully into pre-production, each coming a year between main episodes.

Main 3 rumored themes for this movies are Jango Fett, Obi-Wan and an X-Wing pilot.

I did love TCW, specially the parts about Obi-Wan and his story with the Mandalorian Ruler. It was pretty epic, with a tragic finale.

18. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

I've heard a few rumors, but I suppose that only time will tell what they decide to run with. I've always thought that the X-wing book series was begging to be made into a TV series that would be incredibly epic. We haven't really had any spaceship sci-fi on TV since BSG ended so I think the market is ripe for it. I'm a little surprised that they would opt for Jango Fett over Boba, but I suppose it amounts to the same thing either way. It's an exciting time for possibilities, I just hope they branch out the Star Wars universe genre wise and don't limit themselves to the big block buster movies. I would love to see some gritty dark stuff involving bounty hunters and even a movie from the Sith perspective. There's just so many stories to tell!

19. Default Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens!

Personally, I would like some movies based on the young Han Solo material, as in, well before he got the Millennium Falcon. There were a few books on that and they were interesting; really, what the movie content needs more of is Coruscant in general, they could do an entire trilogy just on the subcultures and layers of the city.

20. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

I remember those books and they were pretty good, but it wouldn't be one of my top picks. Now that I think of it, the Courtship of Princess Leia is begging to be made into a movie. Force witches and romantic comedy-esque plot lines? Yes please. IIRC we're getting that new bounty hunter game that's supposed to heavily feature the underworld of Coruscant which could be nifty. There are definitely some stories to be told about the lower levels that could bring out a darker, gritty side to the shining capitol seen in the prequels.