Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Movies] Star Wars The Force Awakens!

1. Default Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens!

That's kind of what I was referring to, Coruscant is a physical representation of a caste system; they continuously build upwards on top of older buildings and only the most important people are allowed to live at the top, while the bottom-most levels don't even have sunlight. Nearly every cubic meter of the entire planet is occupied by buildings that are tens of thousands of stories tall. It's definitely my favorite planet in the Star Wars universe because it has everything.

2. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Default Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens!

Official character names.

3. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

OMG THE NAMES

FYI y'all do know this new trilogy will not use any material from the Expanded Universe? Sad, I know, but thankfully (1) JJ Abrams is a fantastic storyteller, and wrote the screenplay for Episode VII with Lawrence Kasdan, the writer of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, and (2) he will, according to Rian Johnson, use little CGI and more traditional, practical special effects, to more closely resemble the aesthetic of the original trilogy.

Additional Information, From Wikipedia

The teaser only intensified my excitement for the film, and I proudly admit my nerdiness by saying I cried the first ten times I watched it when the Millennium Falcon zoomed across the screen. The cinematography of that moment is so perfect, taking the brilliant swoops and turns of the ship from the Battle of Endor and updating them for the modern day without losing that authenticity. Using that as a metaphor for what the whole film could be is an exhilarating thought.

Honestly at this point my only concern is that this dude Rian is directing Episodes VIII and IX. I would hope that if JJ's debut kills it they'll have him finish the trilogy. Or at least Rian has to, that he does as well, if not better. #fingerscrossed

4. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

J.J. will continue a producer and fixing and manteining all of the scripts, kind of like George Lucas did back in the day.

And I think we are going to be pleasently surprised with the expanded uiverse. It's not going to be an adaptation of any previous material, but we are going to get a lot of stuff directly out of the expanded universe, like the lightsaber and Kylo Ren's name.

5. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I'm all for bringing back the classic special affects, but I'm seriously disappointed if they really choose to use nothing from the EU. I never expected them to use the same story plots or anything, but I was at least hoping that individual characters and names would crop up as a homage of sorts. I don't think I'll ever adjust if the kids aren't named Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, and Ben.

I'm not really sure how this is supposed to please EU fans. It might have been possible to back track and weave some of the changes from Ep VII~IX into the old EU but it's looking more and more like this is a complete retcon. I'm open enough that I'll say it's not necessarily a bad thing, but don't try to say that brand new EU material based off these movies would somehow make up for the gutting of the old stories. As they continue to make new movies and likely maintain a similar level of secrecy, any EU writers would be effectively handicapped and be trying to write with their hands tied behind their backs.

I'm still holding out some hope that "Rey" is just a pseudonym and will eventually be revealed as Jaina, but it's probably just wishful thinking.

6. Default Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens!

Well, god dammit, I wanted to see a fleet of SSDs force-pushed lightyears away into a star.

7. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

Teaser Trailer 2! With Han and Chewy, plus badass shots.

8. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

@Eliseo; I just saw it twice! -nerdgasm-

This is looking better and better, but it's the sound/music that gets me every. damn. time. The snap hiss of a lightsaber, the heavy breathing Darth Vader, and especially the full orchestra music just can't be found anywhere else.

PS. The Falcon will always be home!

I can't wait to see what secrets people will dig out when they start doing the frame by frame analysis lol

9. Default Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens!

I don't get a couple things, how do they have Vaders mask? Didn't it burn with him on Endor? Also 40 years since the emperor and his right hand/lackey were killed and the empire is still kicking? unless of course the rebels are now tasked with crushing what's left of the empire and they really suck at it or there are systems that want to stay an empire.

10. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Clearly it is burnt. Why Luke or anyone else would choose to keep a chunk of metal sitting around I have no idea.

One of the things that isn't clear in RotJ is that only a relatively small percentage of the Empire's Navy is destroyed (or captured) at Endor. The majority of the fleet retreats after the Emperor's death. Plus the Empire is really REALLY big. Only one of many fleets was at Endor and then there's all the troops stationed on various worlds. Besides, the new Sith is a likely rallying point for Empire loyalists.

11. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

Verrkol is right to some extent, the Empire was HUGE, and Palpatine should have had several contigencies already planned. I would believe the Galaxy has two opposing goverments ruling different planets each by the start of the movie.

However, if you guys are hungry for info, starting september there are going to be books released that will fullfill the time between Episode 6 and Episode 7.
    Two books in particular will expand a lot of the new cannon and directly relate to Episode 7: "Aftermath" and "The Weapon of a Jedi", that has Luke as protagonist. There is also a Leia specific book, but info on it is limited.

The most important thing to be noted is that the Empire DID NOT fall during the battle of Endor.

And about The Force Awakens, I am pretty sure Kylo Ren is the son of etheir Luke or Leia and Han, hence the initial phrase by Luke in Teaser 2.

First movie spoilers regarding the 3 protagonists on the hero side:

Spoiler

12. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

I don't know how to feel about new SW novels. There were things I liked about the old EU and a lot of things I didn't, but I'm attached. I still really wish they had at least used the same names for the children of Luke and Leia. I probably won't read anything until after I see episode 7.

13. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

Star Wars Battlefront details and reveal trailer announced. Coming November 17, 2015 to PC, Xbox One and PS4.

40 Player battles. Heroes and villains. NO space battles (spaceships will be limited to the in-planet maps). Millenium Falcon usable.
    NO campaign. Small missions across all map variations that can be played alone or couch co-op/online.

No details yet if there will be local 4 players like in previous games.

ONLY original trilogy at launch. Only 4 planets: Hoth, Endor, Tatooine and Sullust. Multiple maps per planet. DLC already planned.
    (I pineappleING HATE THAT THERE ARE NO PREQUEL MAPS. Say what you will, the battles were big in epicness and scale)

Free DLC coming december 8 (december 1 with pre-order) containing a Star Wars The Force Awakens location. Following are some semi-spoilers of the upcoming movie within the videogame refering to the free DLC location:
    Spoiler

This game is looking epic and awesome, but being an owner of Star Wars Battlefront II, I am feeling I am getting only HALF game.

14. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

The main 3 upcoming villains were officially revealed in yesterdays' panel at comic-con!

Driver's Kylo Ren, Gleeson's General Hux, and Gwendoline Christie's Captain Phasma.

Also, the bad guys base has a name: "Starkiller".

There will be no official trailer until Fall of this year, so the teasers will be the movie's principal promos.

15. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

Poster for the upcoming movie

And A Star Wars Story Rogue One is the new title of the spin off movie, first image shown today.

Spoiler

16. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

#ForceFriday live stream.