Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Pokemon is killing Nintendo

Link

I can't even with this article, I just can't even.

Is the person who wrote this even a gamer? hell are they even a living breathing soul-filled person? or are they a literal Apple ad bot?

2. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Default Re: Pokemon is killing Nintendo

all I see is "waahhh, daddy's overpriced ipad can't play those shistey 3ds games."

3. Default Re: Pokemon is killing Nintendo

"Head above the sand"

Doesn't Nintendo have so much money that they can afford to be in the red for something like 20 years with no problem?

4. Default Re: Pokemon is killing Nintendo

I... I had trouble understanding where this person is coming from, because that's not my viewpoint at all. Good god, I could imagine AW on mobile devices, and hell to the pineapplein' naw I wouldn't pay $1.99 a month for new campaigns.

5. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

its not that they have that much money, but their IP's are worth so much, they can last till 2050 selling off IP's. of course, its more likely that they will take their IP's to the gave if it became that serious.

6. Default Re: Pokemon is killing Nintendo

"Nintendo have 812.8 billion Yen (£6.7/$10.5 billion) in the bank – enough for it to take a 20 billion Yen loss (£163/$257 million) every year until 2052. Then there’s almost 469 billion Yen (£3.8/$6.0 billion) held in premises, equipment and investments. When that runs out – we’re in the year 2075 by this point."
    This is without selling IPs.
    Anyone that thinks nintendo is gonna die anytime soon is kidding themselves.

7. Default Re: Pokemon is killing Nintendo

I've played Garfield Racing on a tablet and the controls were horrifying so i wud never ever want Mario Kart on a tablet ;-;

8. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

take the FULL quote

which in the end states that its their IP's that give it that value

9. Default Re: Pokemon is killing Nintendo

Isn't it plausible that by that time (2052||2075) the idea of "home consoles" will no longer be in the marketplace?

Also, I personally don't know of many 'gamers' that actually like playing games on mobile unless the game is built specifically for a mobile-touchbased interface (ie. game designed for the hardware). Sure, I could see the casual market potentially being an untapped gold mine, but that would probably lead to an alienated population of hardcore gamers that will just go somewhere else for their fix.

And this...
    Why is a Konami IP being referenced in a list of Nintendo IP?

10. Default Re: Pokemon is killing Nintendo

He's not wrong.

Here's how the conversation went down:

Yes they do. But you said:

Which is not true because Malthe pointed out:

So without their IPs they'll live until 2050 and well more than 20 years.

11. Default Re: Pokemon is killing Nintendo

The article has a point.

Sure, it makes the mistake of treating Castlevania as a Nintendo franchise, but it does have a point. Nintendo could make CRAZY money if they went down the freemium path. Much more than what they're making off of lolWii U. (Dreamcast sold more than Wii U has sold so far when it discontinued.)

Granted, this is the one path I'd actually choose Nintendo's current model over.....

12. Default Re: Pokemon is killing Nintendo

what? if anything Nintendo's exclusives is what makes it a viable competitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEn2...3d9_FHO_XG1PZg

Also, Wii U sales sliding was a forcast in Jan of 2014, I dont see that in Wii Us current future.