Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Tree of Savior (new interview)

http://treeofsaviorgame.com/tos/914/...r-kim-se-yong/

New information basically boils down to, 4 base classes, 19 jobs per class, 2nd branch and 3rd branch tier jobs already confirmed but no word on how many. If you don't know what this is, it's being made by Ragnarok Online's dev team. The part I was most interested in was the card system, some cards are only few/one time use, I suppose for class locked high ultimates, but the summon cards are permanent; they are class locked still to Summoner, but that means you can't learn the skills to summon boss monsters normally, which gives me a super good reason to farm bosses. I haven't had a game I REALLY felt like farming bosses in since Diablo II, I really hope they make this game as interesting as it seems.

2. Default Re: Tree of Savior (new interview)

Almost time to play the beta! I've been waiting years for this game.

3. Default Re: Tree of Savior (new interview)

Did you get into it? It said only 1000 people or so I think. If you did, stream it some if they don't have an NDA, I'm interested.

4. Default Re: Tree of Savior (new interview)

Beta hasn't begun in Korea yet. It will start soon and I will signup for it. I don't know if there will be an NDA enforced.

5. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: Tree of Savior (new interview)

Beta announced
    http://treeofsaviorgame.com/tos/993/...-jan-feb-2015/
    Can anyone make me an account for this :((( ;_;

6. Default Re: Tree of Savior (new interview)

imcGAMES didn't announce the beta yet. The date is unofficial.

7. Default Re: Tree of Savior (new interview)

This seems like an interesting game. I've always wanted to play Ragnarok, but I was never a fan of the controls (or any games with those types of controls). I'll certainly try this out when it reaches the USA or Japan.

8. Default Re: Tree of Savior (new interview)

What? Only 1000 people? Sound like the number of Sword Art Online beta tester.

9. Default Re: Tree of Savior (new interview)

Pretty sure it's only first wave. In fact, that number may have been for the alpha testing, I just know that only around 1000-3000 people got into one of the particular testing periods.

10. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male

Yeah, sorry I misread the note (pineappleing excitement).
    Anyway teaser website is up!
    http://tos.nexon.com/teaser/20141211/index.aspx
    I'm loving the BGM it sure does gives a vibe between RO and Legend of Mana.

11. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male

Tomorrow is the big day?

12. Default Re: Tree of Savior (new interview)

Tomorrow is the day the teaser site will open with info on the CBT schedule.

13. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male

14. Default Re: Tree of Savior (new interview)

Yep, I thought I heard 1000 users somewhere, looks like it was.

Now we'll just have to see if Spadow got in, he probably has the best chance of the people here.

15. Default Re: Tree of Savior (new interview)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=441500423

Today, Tree of Savior was submitted to Steam's Greenlight and in a short period of time it was greenlit. This is official because a developer has confirmed this on their Github repository for the English localization.
    Not the typical move of a Korean company, but they've said from the beginning that the game won't be published by one publisher in all regions.

16. Default Re: Tree of Savior (new interview)

Spadow too quick for me. I was skeptical that the greenlight was 100% legitimate but my hype meter is currently on full, apparently some people are worried it will be P2W but I don't personally see any indication of that so far unless I'm missing something.

17. Default Re: Tree of Savior (new interview)

So wait, steam is the publisher for the localized version? Not a F2P MMO company? I don't care how bad steam has been getting flak recently, that would be pretty neat.

18. Default Re: Tree of Savior (new interview)

More detailed information is coming soon. The game will definitely be free2play with microtransactions. I don't think Steam will be the publisher, more like a distribution platform.

19. Default Re: Tree of Savior (new interview)

I hope they don't try to self-publish. Looking at how Neople is doing, I don't want to imagine how bad it could get for a company with far less resources. I wouldn't be upset if Nexon gets it, because they've been doing quite well lately and the competing f2p publishers are all even worse than them.

And yes, I know DFO isn't dying--however, it certainly is having issues with gold farmers and hackers which could have been mitigated by something like phone authentication for accounts/login, something I believe they are working on now but that would have helped had it been in from the start.

Ah well, while I'm really looking forward to ToS I'm not optimistic about it being hard to hack. Considering Korea's track record with f2p games and relying on crap like GameGuard or HackShield...

20. Default Re: Tree of Savior (new interview)

As good as Nexon NA would be, I really don't think they'll try pushing for any NA releases other than Maple Story 2 any time in the near future.

But self-published NA versions really don't have a good track record. In addition to DFO's problems, Trickster and Pangya were hosted by nTreev themselves before they sold the branch, and look how that turned out. And KOG being the nonsensical bastards they are having full control over NA Elsword..... yeah.