Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Question on Drop Rate

IM still not sure if Drop rate is Additive or Multiples

I know base drop rate is always 100%

let say I have 20 % drop ring and 20% pendant and 20% greed pendant along with Wolf familiar (100% ?) and 2x card (100%?)

my total drop would be 360% im correct? if it goes additive.. still not sure

2. Default Re: Question on Drop Rate

no one can *really* know for sure unless we see the coding.

your guess is as good as mine.

3. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: Question on Drop Rate

Pretty much what bryan says, any talk of percentage with unknown variables are just pulling facts out of a hat.

That include and not limited to:

-Cube Chances % of increasing ranks
    -Potential Lines % of appearance
    -Inner Potential Lines % of appearance
    -Drop Rates
    -Scrolling % Chances

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

It's not really that hard to check, and we just missed a golden opportunity, but more will come soon.

What we need to do is run something with a fixed number of mobs - a commerci voyage or Dimensional PQ run is good - and count how many of a reasonably common event drop (like the recent Dark Tokens) we get with various drop buff configurations.

I will try this with philosoquill pens but I'm not sure they're common enough.

5. Default Re: Question on Drop Rate

i suspect your two equips may be additive while the other types of boosts may be multiplicative.
    but i am not really sure since i never took such a close look

2x cards - some of these conflict with familiars - such as the easter drop card

common drops may not work - if they drop 50pc of time or having 2x could result in a 100pc drop rate which is the max, so test may fail.

I was farming the big spider cards a while back but I didn't keep good records of drop rate, but I think it was approximated having multiplicative

the boost from having a big spider familiar seemed to be much greater during the 2x event. some of my characters didn't have it so they would have had 2x, while those which had it would have 3.2. in characters with the spider card there did seem to be an increase in drop rate which was bigger than from 2 to 2.6, it seemed more like 2 to 3.2

6. Orbital Bee Cannon

That's why I said "common event drops", not regular etc's. Event drops usually drop 1 in 10 (so "kill 300" and "collect 30" are deemed equivalent tasks), which leaves plenty of room for testing.

Anyway, philosoquil pens aren't common enough to get a good result in a few runs. And Nexon's RNG sucks bigtime.
    I'll continue testing tomorrow, gotta sleep now.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

Here's what I did:

I have a greed pendant (20% added drop rate) and Mutant Ribbon Pig familiar (60%).
    Did 10 Dimensional Invasion runs today, 6 during the 2x event and 4 after it, and counted the philosoquil pens collected by my trusty pet on each run.

Drop modifier1x2x
    none41, 4873, 75
    greed pendant 86, 83
    pig familiar 140, 163
    pendant+pig72, 73 

As you can see, the variance is quite high.
    I intend to keep doing these runs until the philosopher book event ends, but at 10 per day I can't be sure of getting enough data for a meaningful conclusion. And I only have the pendant and familiar as drop buffs.

I hope other people can add data. A DIPQ run has a constant number of monsters, and so it should not matter who is doing it . Only the drop modifiers should matter. (And Nexon's crappy RNG... but that's what collecting more and more data should help us with).

So, if you can solo DIPQ and reliably collect every single philosoquil pen that drops, please do so and tell us what drop modifiers you used and how many pens you got.

8. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Spider, Greed, and 2 20%drop: 90
    Spider, Greed, and 1 20%drop: 93
    Spider, Greed: 70
    Spider, 1 20% drop: 87
    Spider: 69
    Greed, 2 20% drop: 98
    20% drop: 66
    Greed Pendant: 53
    Greed, 1 20% drop: 44

Yea, we'll need a lot more data.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

Combining ...

Greed20% dropSpider/Pig2x event Pen Count(s)
    41, 48
    + 53
    + 66
    + 69
    +73, 75
    ++ 44
    +++ 98
    + + 70, 72, 73
    + +83, 86
    ++ 87
    ++140, 163
    +++ 93
    ++++ 90

10. Default Re: Question on Drop Rate

Not sure if it works, but you could potentially use the Veteran Hunter medal quest to track your kill count. What I'm not sure of is whether monsters above 150 all count to the kill count if you are above level 150.

Hadriel

11. Default Re: Question on Drop Rate

isn't greed and 20% drop gear the same thing?

12. Orbital Bee Cannon

Supposed to be, yes.

13. Brick Male
    usa

Doesn't hurt to be skeptical though

14. Orbital Bee Cannon

Today's runs were very strange.
    Did 9 during the 2x event.
    I started out with both familiar and pendant, and got 147 and 153, which is fairly consistent with our results so far.
    Took off the pendant, and got 144. OK. That's hardly 20% less, not even 10%, but ok, we already know the variance is high.
    Put away the pig, and got 137. What? That's almost double what I got yesterday on 2x with no drop buffs. That's way beyond screwy RNG, that's got to be a glitch!
    Did another run with no pig or pendant, and got 123. Hmmm. The third run with the same configuration yielded 101, and the fourth was 87.

So, it looks like the familiar had some kind of lingering effect that took a while to wear off.
    I took the pig out again, and got 137 and 123 pens. Put the pig away and got 132. Yep, still in effect even though it's not there.
    And it's possible that the pendant's effect also took a while to wear off, which explains why I saw no significant change between the first two runs and the third.

So, tomorrow I will start out with no drop modifiers at all, and see if I can get consistent results by only adding things, never removing.

15. Brick Male
    usa

Spider, Greed, and 2 20%drop: 96
    Spider, Greed, and 1 20%drop: 90
    Spider, Greed: 70
    Spider, 1 20% drop: 91
    Spider: 67
    Greed, 2 20% drop: 90
    Greed, 1 20% drop: 65
    Greed Pendant: 69
    20% drop: 58

This is the order I did the tests. From now on, I'll do it in reverse order.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon

No drop buffs: 45, 42, 49, 38 average: 43.5
    Greed : 46, 52, 38, 45 average: 45.25
    Greed and Pig: 52
    10th run crashed, but it looked like it was going to be considerably more

Something here is definitely screwy.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon

Today's runs:
    Pig: 72, 75, 82, 67
    Pig+Greed: 69, 72, 63, 78, 53

Which makes it look like the Greed pendant is actually lowering the drop rate by about 10%...

Yeah, I don't understand what is going on here.

18. Default Re: Question on Drop Rate

Could just be due to RNG. You need a very large data set before it becomes remotely close to significant or to see a trend. It's definitely too noisy at the moment.

Hadriel

19. Orbital Bee Cannon

Yes, I know.
    A DIPQ run is 1100 mobs (not counting the first stage, which doesn't drop these quills).
    You'd think that 1100 would be a large enough sample size for something that seems to happen at about 1:25 rate.
    But I guess that with Maple's RNG, that's about two orders of magnitude too low.

20. Default Re: Question on Drop Rate

Guesstimating, you need to do this 100 times just to beat the variance, before factoring the difference between the two drop rates. We can consider based on sum of quills, or we can consider based on individual data points. But lets come to that after more people help us out.

Hadriel