1. Default 999,999,999 New Damage Cap?

at 0:58 show battle mage hitting 1bil damage cap o.0

sign that 5th job coming soon?

2. Default Re: 999,999,999 New Damage Cap?

pls no

Nexon: WE ARE NO LONGER DONSON

>Raises cap again

3. Default Re: 999,999,999 New Damage Cap?

Could just be fixed damage mobs. The mech at 1:05 is only hitting 50m.

4. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

Default Re: 999,999,999 New Damage Cap?

That section of Black Heaven (where you ride that Mech), makes you hit 50m on all hits.

Well I doubt that Nexon will raise the cap anytime soon, and so drastically as well, seems highly unlikely.

5. Default Re: 999,999,999 New Damage Cap?

1m -> 50m was a 50x increase
    50m -> 1b is only a 20x increase

Power creep. If there isn't a new cap now, there will be one soon.

6. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

Need to consider the retardedly high numbers as well as they matter on thier own too, I do wonder if it's even gonna be possible to reach such cap with the current gear (some people got like 20~40m range on kms I believe,but eh, guess 5th job % skills could fix this?).

Just considering what some classes can do with double the cap aka 100m per hit and demolish any boss in such stupid speed/even classes that already just hit cap, I am afraid the scaling will be so bad if this is gonna become the cap, 5m damage will become the new 200k or something.

I like the current cap ;_; nixon pls dun

7. Default Re: 999,999,999 New Damage Cap?

B>99999 cap again.

8. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

L> Moar damage multipliers and/or 5th job plox.

9. Default Re: 999,999,999 New Damage Cap?

Willing to bet there's a few people who'll be able to hit the 1bil cap anyways.

10. Default Re: 999,999,999 New Damage Cap?

Without some sort of overhaul to everything I really don't see the need for another damage cap increase. Everything is already too easy as it is, raising the damage cap would just make it even easier. Sub-10 minute Chaos Vellum solos have become the norm, ffs.

11. Default Re: 999,999,999 New Damage Cap?

That black mage at the end just points at something huge coming to maple. :в

12. Default Re: 999,999,999 New Damage Cap?

The black mage has used his magic to attack victoria island, causing it to change massively, rebalancing all monsters and changing areas, and revealing the legendary 5th job instructors for some reason! Of course, no-one was hurt in this attack.

13. Default Re: 999,999,999 New Damage Cap?

'

This is so stupid, that would never happen, what drugs are you on?

14. Default Re: 999,999,999 New Damage Cap?

Why dont we dicuss why is it needed at all to increase the damage cap instead of adjusting the formula to make numbers smaller while holding the same meaning in power?

Because bigger numbers, bigger e-penises? Come on it oughta be more than just that.
    Last edited by byakugan; 2014-11-21 at 04:50 PM.

15. Default Re: 999,999,999 New Damage Cap?

Christ, the game should be scaled to an at the most 10m damage cap.

This is ridiculous, they're only doing it to get people who are at top tier to spend more money, because they spend the most money.

16. Default Re: 999,999,999 New Damage Cap?

Gonna agree with scaling damage down (Should've been done like forever ago). It's nice to see large numbers/hits, but even 10m is pretty large to see. There's plenty of games that don't even bypass 7(or even 6 really) digits of damage, and if they do it's usually reserved to burst damage dealers/skills.

Then there's also the matter of performance being screen clutter & graphics issues.

On the other hand, I'm sure Nexon knows people want larger damage/numbers. Therefore, they'd rather increase damage cap more likely + another potential tier.

I for one, would not be surprised if they do indeed raise the damage cap to 1 bil -1.

17. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

With bosses going the exaggerated way of 300b+ hp...

18. Default Re: 999,999,999 New Damage Cap?

Let the e-peens GROW!!!!!!!!!!

19. Default Re: 999,999,999 New Damage Cap?

well... tower of boss last floor has 1.7 trillion hp.... and this new boss has atleast 500bil hp... I don't think 50mil dmg cap is enough to beat any of these boss

now that phantom got nerf in kms I don't think anyone else would able to kill her

even with 1bil dmg cap hiting 15line 15bil not that any class can hit that much dmg per sec still take 3-5min atleast to kill tower of boss final boss