1. Default Do You Think Nexon Will Nerf The Island?

I think the most I've gotten was around 4% experience at level 212 within the one hour time limit. I'm worried they're gonna nerf the particular quest though when they find out. Probably with a limit cap on how many times you can do it... presuming of course it's not simply a bug to begin with... since none of the other island quests are repeatable.

If you conserve your raptors and spam the ever living bejesus out of the up button you can complete the quest dozens of times pretty fast. The best setup is when you get raptors on the rhino or robot maps, that makes it go even quicker.

Probably best to get while the getting is good, before they take notice and nerf it. :(

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Do You Think Nexon Will Nerf The Island?

Quest is probably not meant to be repeatable, then again 4% per day isn't that gamebreaking, even at 212.

I just wish they'd fix the damn island's portals so it won't keep throwing me to Spinel's Forest.

3. Default Re: Do You Think Nexon Will Nerf The Island?

Well, 4% experience for one hour of time. I believe that's a bit better than straight 2x in the drill hall... although you can do that for a lot longer (up to 8 hours a day)... but then again that's usually only on weekends. I think during the last weekend 2x I clocked at around 10% for 4 hours of time.

If it didn't have that one hour time limit you could really go crazy with it, but yeah, I'm thinking you're right, it's probably not meant to be repeatable... especially since none of the other quests are.

It is kind of nice though to have something that's an actual quest that gives semi-decent experience.

Usually the only other real good spot for quest experience is the school events... but then yer limited to just one run a day unless you dump a bunch of real money into the game... which I guess is generally the point... pay to level, essentially.

4. Default Re: Do You Think Nexon Will Nerf The Island?

That's less than I get soloing drill halls. So I don't think it's going to change.

5. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Welp experience after 200 is that bad? Lol.

6. Default Re: Do You Think Nexon Will Nerf The Island?

At what level though? It might only be relevant after 210, when the leveling starts getting completely insane. Not sure if it's good for even higher levels, like in the 220 range... although at that point it might be hard to determine if it's even doing anything at all given the crazy amount of experience you need.

7. Default Re: Do You Think Nexon Will Nerf The Island?

At 212, I grind faster than the quests give out EXP. I train faster if the maps split too.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Whether quests or grinding give faster exp probably varies depending on your class and damage.
    If you can 1-hit the entire drill hall you can obviously get a lot more exp/hr than if you have to spend 10 seconds per group of 6 enemies.

9. Default Re: Do You Think Nexon Will Nerf The Island?

Are you using any equips that have experience enhancement potentials? Because that would likely make a significant difference.

Of course there's also the "luck factor"... or "bug factor". The bugs for the island are pretty weird/selective too. Like on my DW the one underground portal at the top always transports me to the warp map. And on my Aran it does this really annoying thing where you have to actually traverse the entire map otheriwse it just keeps warping you back and forth to the previous map... although in theory if I ever got a map combination where it went from the rhino to the robot and if they had raptors then it would be pretty amazingly sweet... but otherwise it's just a pain.

Some people also get randomly kicked out to the warp map just from using the above ground portals. So bottom line is that it may not work for everyone... or it may not work with certain characters/classes/levels (or whatever the variable that's triggering the bugs).

You can still do Sengoku High though, which gives TONS more... it should be just straight fights (no annoying math quizzes or forced wait times like the regular school) so you can rush through super fast and get some really good quest experience... but, again, you can only do it once a day unless you pay real money.

Other than that it seems like the drill hall or golems is the only other viable option. Commerci runs don't give much at all after 210 and neither do Gollux or DI runs.

I think the Princess No alternate personality bosses or whatever they're called give some pretty decent experience... but you need a party, otherwise it's just painfully slow. There are certain familiars though you can use to try and speed it along and if everyone in the party is using them it goes even faster (mostly talking about the bloaty whale part).

==EDIT==
    I ~think~ it takes "two" hits for me to kill the mobs in the drill hall... er, maybe (almost) "two seconds" would be a more accurate description... or "two sets of hits"... at least without using extra buffs. That's hitting like up to 16 mobs at once. I ~think~ Luminous can target even more at once (or at least they can hit the entire map at once). Worst class is probably like mechs or something.

10. Default Re: Do You Think Nexon Will Nerf The Island?

I one hit the mobs and I have no leech hs. Nothing else that boosts exp.

11. Default Re: Do You Think Nexon Will Nerf The Island?

Leveling shouldn't be so insanely hard anyway, even when trying to reach lvl 250. The game shouldn't use leveling a sa goal to achieve and keep us playing but rather as a way to unlock more and more content as we progress.

12. Default Re: Do You Think Nexon Will Nerf The Island?

Okay, just noticed another glaring experience gaining bug that's likely going to get patched at some point.

There is no longer a limit on fixing crafts! ಠ_ಠ

Now, there is a trick here. When you fix a craft it will normally take *ALL* your stockpile. So you have to drop on the ground what you don't need and ~then~ complete the repair quest. Now here's where it gets interesting, when you pick up the supplies you dropped the quest will automatically restart itself and you can do it again! In fact, you can just keep on doing it over and over and over and over again... racking up MASSIVE experience gains in the process.

Only downside to that method is that you would likely need to BUY supplies from others in order to really get the best use out of it... which isn't that hard because most everybody thinks those supplies are worthless and a lot of times they dump them on the ground!

The other downside is that, the more supplies/times you want the try it, the more of a hassle it can be dropping hundreds at a time and picking them back up.... which may take up 5 to 10 seconds per repair.

I think the Jet Boat is probably the easiest one to do it with... especially since animal oil is so plentiful.

13. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Before, you at least got points to the skills(4job), or maybe for any job, but now that you can max at lv180(or 140 for KMS), people will just get AP after the hyper skills, and also it's much faster to level up, but to get to lv250 is really harder compared to others lvs, i think it's insane too , maybe 5th job will incentivate ppl lving? i thinked it could go up to lv210 thought .

14. Default Re: Do You Think Nexon Will Nerf The Island?

I could understand striving to get to 250 when it meant be the first one / among the first ones to do so, (my friend is trying to become first lvl 250 Kaiser) but after that what? Does people think the comunity will see them and think "hey there's a lvl 250, OMG so pro"?. We are like 5 years past that point (point being around the release time of 4th job). Today is all about potential and heck even most of the times I see an awesome item on a yellow supermega I pay all my attention to the item itself and couldn't care less about the person showing it.

As of right now, lvling past lvl 200 is useless.

15. Default Re: Do You Think Nexon Will Nerf The Island?

You need to be 210 at least to never miss chaos vellum / hell gollux so I'd say past 210 is useless

16. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Useless, not counting the AP that is pretty hard to get(lving is hard), and just for the rank, more like my collection of medals, i just wanted to do so .

17. Default Re: Do You Think Nexon Will Nerf The Island?

The only thing that may need a slight consideration is the pinboom in the darkroom after entering the hatch. They give about 400k exp per kill.

But they're not really bunched tight together and the invisible platforms make it quite hard to kill efficiently. A BW, Luminous or DS might say otherwise though.

18. Default Re: Do You Think Nexon Will Nerf The Island?

Actually sometimes they replicate almost instantly. Also moving around is pretty easy, at least if you have an easy jumping class like the Cygnus Knights. Xenon can fly but it's pretty slow/cumbersome so they're pretty limited, as are classes that don't have easy/strong vertical jumping capability. They have a LOT of HP though. You probably need to be at like 500k range to be able to one-shot them. I think it takes me like 2 or 3 hits at 300k (unbuffed). An over powered Luminous probably has the best advantage overall... although that kind of goes without saying.

So far the best/easiest form I've found is refixing the broken mounts over and over again. I've gotten pretty lucky though amassing a horde of screws and animal oil from n00bs who don't know any better. I usually offer them a few hundred thousand for whatever they've got on them. Some people might find that form a bit hard though because you have to be able to do simple math VERY quickly in order to get the best use out of it. The purple fuel and control boards are simple because it just used one at a time and likewise screws are pretty easy because they're in sets of ten, but the animal oil is in sets of 30, so if you can't quickly do the substraction in your head on the fly it may be a bit difficult for some.

Also, for some mules there's this glitch where if you go into the same portal it just takes you back to the previous map. And if you transverse from one side, back in, then back to the other, then you'll get a new map. So as long as it's not the main beach map you can keep doing it until you get the perfect combination of ancient robot and white rhino, then just clock back and forth until one of them gets raptors (you'll need to eliminate any robots, centipedes, mosquitoes and researchers that pop up to make it cycle). That method works almost as well as repeat mount repairing, but I've only had that one particular glitch pop up on one mule so far, so I don't know how common it is.

Again though, most of these tricks are for "regular players". If you have a range that clocks into 500k or higher then you can likely get more out of one-shotting ancient golems or in the drill halls. For "regular players" getting to level 210 is at least in the realm of possibility and level 220 to 225 is a good long term, multi-year goal... but unless your range is over 500k and you want to devote countless hours to grinding... yeah, getting over 225 is basically an impossibility.

19. Default Re: Do You Think Nexon Will Nerf The Island?

the three boss quest may have been nerfed. drop rate for the stuff seems to go down the more times you do it. at least it was when i was doing it just then

from almost 100% on first round, now i have killed like at least 10 rhinos in a row without getting a horn before almost running out of time. this is just with a mix golem though. i still have a ancient plating and a raptor claw which i will save for tomorrow.

your described perfect map arrangement stil can happen though.