IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

Default Pokemon Champion Songs

So while we await ORAS.... I was going through comments in various places and somehow ended up listening through champion themes. So here, have all of the champion themes (most up to date version based on generation aka LG/FR instead of R/B/Y).

There are 7 videos being included (and the cap is 3) so I'll have to triple post... maybe a mod can merge the posts later?

Gen 1:
    Blue's Theme from LG/FR
    Spoiler

From 0:09-0:14 initially caught my attention. That background chanting of "Battle~! Battle~! ...." always got me excited at the beginning of this fight.

Gen 2:
    vs Lance from SS/HG
    Spoiler

That beginning, super hyped... then it falls off so hard since I expected something a bit more epic. It does a good job a little bit later, but it just barely doesn't meet expectations after that opening. T.T

Gen 3:
    vs Steven from R/S/E
    Spoiler

Note: this is the oldest theme provided so keep that in mind with music quality.
    It was catchy and entertaining. Despite that, it didn't really get me pumped up about the battle though which is sad since this is my favorite gen. Hopefully the ORAS remix of this song will fix this a bit.

2. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

Default Re: Pokemon Champion Songs

Gen 4:
    vs Cynthia from D/P/P
    Spoiler

Ranks high up there among theme songs. At around 0:50 is where things get really nice. Before that specific time, it's a bit hit or miss with me where sometimes I'll really like it and other times I wonder what I liked so much about it.

Gen 5:
    vs Alder from B/W:
    Spoiler

The best comment for this isn't my own but taken from a comment on some champion remixes... Alder's theme initially sounds more like a post battle victory theme from another game. (<-- roughly paraphrased) But yes, it feels a bit awkward for me as a kind of "final boss" theme.

3. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

Gen 5.5:
    vs Iris from B2/W2
    Spoiler

Let's see how much disagreement there is in this one~
    When I first heard this, I thought that the intro of the song reminded me of a megaman stage (or sonic possibly) set in outer space or a starry night background.
    That aside, I think it fits the champion. Is it music that I want while fighting a "last boss"... not nearly as much. But it definitely fits her, I think.

Gen 6:
    vs Diantha from X/Y
    Spoiler

Anything that needs to be said about this song is: This is the most recent pokemon game I've played and I completely forgot about this song.

So, everyone... what's your favorite theme and why? Did you go for the theme that made you feel pumped up the most or another reason?

4. Default Re: Pokemon Champion Songs

I like Iris and Cynthia's the most. And the Gen 2 one. The rest I feel are kinda meh.

5. Default Re: Pokemon Champion Songs

Lance's is definitely the most re-memorable for me, followed by Cynthia's. I never played BW2 but I like Iris' theme quite a bit and it really does fit her. Alder's is easily the worst overall and Diantha's is just boring. FR/LG did a fantastic job of bringing that old song back to life, but I still don't really care for it.

6. Default Re: Pokemon Champion Songs

I don't like Pokemon songs at all, I love the games, but the music is so meh...
    I like Lance's music the best and I think Iris' theme fits her

7. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

I'd suggest you guys listen to all of the themes again. Even though we probably remember which one we liked the most at their respective times, note that you've gained a different perspective since then :D
    For example, before I completely like cynthia's theme above the rest, however now I noticed something different about it that makes me doubt it as my favorite.

8. Default Re: Pokemon Champion Songs

I've always liked Gen I a lot, it really captures the drama in the moment. I also really liked Gen VI. While it didn't necessarily capture the adrenaline-packed moment, it captured the general aesthetic of Kalos effortlessly. Following Gen I and Gen VI, I would rank Gen III as my next favorite. The rest are of no importance to me.

9. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

New remixed music for ORAS:

Sounds even better!

10. Default Re: Pokemon Champion Songs

Cynthia's theme got a remix in smash wii u

11. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

that threw me off SO bad. The opening... compared to the original... da heck happened? T.T
    Gotta be honest here.... if this was cynthia's original theme (or something close to this)... I would've rated it lowest among all 6 gens :|
    Maybe just me... but.. T.T needs more emotes to describe my feels: :\ QQ

12. Default Re: Pokemon Champion Songs

I had to listen to the original 3 times over to cleanse my ears of the remix ;-;

13. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

Though not 3 times, this is exactly what I did earlier....

14. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I liked it ._.

15. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

we'll agree to disagree on this I guess. It's definitely a nice relaxing song... but unfortunately it fails to meet expectation. It's Cynthia's champion theme... should not be nice and relaxing.
    I'm willing to say, that it's a good song if you're looking for that though.