Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Default Maple Story lagging too much

Hey, i was playing maple but it's laggin too much, it's taking more memory than it used to do , anyone having this problem, or any reason to it?

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Maple Story lagging too much

Yeah, it's been happening since the NW patch, at least for some.
    Maple takes up all available CPU, and a lot of RAM, which causes it (and anything else you might be trying to run on the same computer) to be very sluggish.
    We don't know why this is, nor why it only affects some people. Nexon hasn't even acknowledged that it's happening.

3. Default Re: Maple Story lagging too much

If Nexon don't see it happening it must be all in the peoples minds right

4. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

i thought nexon fixed it

5. Default Re: Maple Story lagging too much

It doesn't seem like it "only affects some people." Its more along the lines of certain maps will constantly leak memory or something. For a 100% instance for me, root abyss area won't leak nor will FM, however I will leak on any computer if I try to go to Cygnus Garden and fight the boss. Just don't misunderstand and don't mix up which maps did leak and walk to another map that didn't and try to relate them together.

6. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

On my main comp, this always, always happened to be every time I went into Vellum. I would have been lucky to get out of there alive and not DC'd.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

For me it only affects my laptop. Regardless of map. I can be standing in one of the Leafre houses and the CPU will be 100% and memory 2.5GB. My desktops, on the other hand, can handle the same maps the same way they always did, topping out at 800-1200MB and 30% CPU.

8. Default Re: Maple Story lagging too much

The leaked memory thing is about as bad as Google Chrome tabs using a ridiculous amount of memory. My computer goes into 60%+ memory use and a good amount of CPU usage while on Maple and using Chrome. I can't believe they've taken so damn long to not consider fixing this.

9. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

I feel that the more i use Chrome, the more it consume memory , then i need re-open it, i think sometimes in trade browser .

10. Default Re: Maple Story lagging too much

But it doesn't change the fact that both computers will not leak in FM correct? This still seems valid for me, and going through the trouble of checking every map is a bit tedious. I have heard of several people having issues with towns and Ardentmill, but I haven't actually noticed too much yet. Personally, even though my computer can handle the stress easily (meaning I notice almost none or just no lag at all) it has nothing to do with stopping the leak even when somehow its at 2.7-3gb ram usage and 20% CPU meanwhile my laptop would easily start to sit at 100% CPU and 2gb+ ram usage and lag so bad it frames skips all over and freezes from time to time. Spec wise they're vastly different, but that wasn't exactly the point I wanted to get across. I would hope OS wouldn't contribute to leakages too but, I cannot be sure, both at 64bit windows 7 by the way. I have a guildmate dcing massively on a 32bit version of windows 7 for some reason.

11. Default Re: Maple Story lagging too much

while they might seem like they're taking up a lot of memory, the multiple processes combined pretty much equals out to the same amount of memory a browser like firefox would be using. maybe even a little less. I've only seen firefox exceed 1gb of memory when it was viewing webm's in their early days yet maplestory constantly pomegranates itself over vellum or vonleon to 1.5 gb. it's amazing when old maplestory clients used to never have memory leaks.