Thread: Rare Mob Drops

1. Default Rare Mob Drops

This thread is to catalog some of the bizarre and off the wall stuff you can get from various mobs in Maplestory. "Rare" doesn't necessarily imply it's near impossible to get either, but "rare" in the sense that often only ONE particular mob drop the item in question. I'll add more laters! Some of these might not be completely rare... like the Ancient Korean Bow, the Mystic Shield and the War Fan and such, you might be able to buy those in the Ninja Castle... but they might cost a lot (and might be limited on the number you can purchase).

Transparent Claw - Claw

Knockout Boxing Gloves - Claw

Big Hand - Claw

Black Electric Guitar - Pole Arm

Boleadoras - Staff

Pink Shiner Crossbow - Crossbow

Red Rose - Pole Arm

Horoscope Net - Two Handed Axe

Heart Key - Staff

Guan Yu Polearm & The Nine Dragons - Pole Arms

Brown Electric Guitar - Pole Arm

The Jackal - Gun

Slime Stick - Dagger

Pepe Beak - Dagger

Cupid's Crossbow - Crossbow

Blue Shiner Crossbow - Crossbow

Horoscope Bow - Bow

Cao Cao Bow - Bow

Bow Of Magical Destruction - Bow
    Mystic Shield - Shield

Ancient Korean Bow - Bow

Guitar - Two Handed Sword

Sky Blue Umbrella - One Handed Sword

Black Umbrella - One Handed Sword

Japanese War Fan - One Handed Sword

You might need at least 2 or 3 hours of grinding for each... unless you get lucky. I recommend using a spider, a greed pendant and at least one drop rate increase inner ability.

These are good mobs to grind on for mules. I mean, you need to level your mules anyway so you might as well kill two birds with one stone. Leveling might be a bit slower than with Roids and such, but you get better stuff out of it. Spiders are also good to grind on cause you can easily sell the familiars you get for 5 mill a pop.

Also, quick question... should I, or should I ~not~ include "lesser" rare items? For example the Dark Avenger:

It's "rare" in the sense that you can't buy it in any of the town shops, but it's a slightly more common drop than the CS copycat items. Or maybe I should make a separate post/thread for those?

Oh, if you want access to even MORE rare equips try the haunted mansion (there's tons and tons of rare equips) or try Malaysia via the Tour Guide NPC. I'll probably make separate threads for those at some point (that's what I've done on other Maple forums).

2. Default Re: Rare Mob Drops

How're you going to hunt a Lorang when they aren't available.

3. Default Re: Rare Mob Drops

Some presently aren't available (at least in GMS), but hopefully they'll be back soon... hopefully. I was a bit disappointed with the new Mushroom Kingdom addition, because a huge swath of mobs seems to be permanently wiped out with potentially no chance of return... so that pretty well sucks. I'm hoping they don't do the same with the other sections when they're brought back.