1. Default MapleStory Spotlight - Episode #1

Hey Southperry!

Check out MapleStory's October update, as well as what's in store for the month of November in my new video series - MapleStory Spotlight!

Leave your comments, thoughts, and feedback below! :)

Video description:

Welcome to the MapleStory Spotlight, a quick look at the latest happenings in MapleStory with your host, Artasi.

In the premiere episode we take a look at MapleStory's latest update, Cygnus Awakening: Night Walker and give you a sneak peek at what's coming for Black Friday!

2. Default Re: MapleStory Spotlight - Episode #1

Good looking guy you are Artasi. Seem really nice too

3. Default Re: MapleStory Spotlight - Episode #1

I guess the Vindictus Battle Report was successful enough that you copied the format for Maplestory too?

Still, it's nice to see some effort put to being more interactive with the community.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: MapleStory Spotlight - Episode #1

1. We've come a long way from -Hime- and the CMs that followed her, who hid their real names and faces from the community. I'm not sure what the point is of still having a "game name" of Artasi when his CM_Artasi twitter gives his name as Bret Forbus, but ok.

2. I preferred the wild-haired guy (Luis?) who was doing Maple's videos ("MapleWorld World"?), before they replaced him with the pretty but unintelligible Asian girl. He was a lot more comfortable on-camera. Then again, his scripts called for moving around, not just standing there saying stuff and not knowing what to do with his hands.

3. Those scripts back then were a lot more fun, too. This one is just reading the ad/announcement copy, with a bit of game footage to accompany it. I'd like to see some more humor, please (no, the bit about amnesty to turkeys doesn't count).

4. I'm not sure who the target audience is. If it's active Maplers, then the whole "what did we have last patch" is kind of a waste of time. We know all about the Nightwalkers, the hype for them has been and gone already. Tell us more of what's coming up! If this is also meant as advertising for new players or ones who've quit, then ok.

5. All in all, not bad for a first effort. Hopefully Artasi will loosen up in the future, both in body language and in text, so we can have something really worth looking forward to.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Seems Nexon has removed the old "It's a MapleWorld WORLD" videos, but I found this one (watch as they hit youtube with a demand to pull it too... wonder what they have to hide).
    Spoiler

Seems my memory combined those with the more fun and crazy stuff we had before them:
    Spoiler

Yeah, the truly fun and humorous stuff had no narration whatsoever.
    The "It's a MapleWorld WORLD" did have the host stand there doing nothing, but he still managed to be more animated, in voice and motion. (The highly informal appearance is optional )

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

A good start, I like the idea. Though I do agree it might be a good idea to give a sneak peek of upcoming content as well as going over the most recent update. It's hard to be excited for maple these days when new updates come out so infrequently. the last couple of updates have just sort of appeared out of nowhere with no fanfare, it's a bit disappointing.

Also it was sort of adorable how nervous Artasi seemed in the video haha.
    I'm sure he'll get used to it as time goes on. (or until he gets replaced by a perky asian girl)

7. Default Re: MapleStory Spotlight - Episode #1

I would've loved some more insight into what the next major patch would have, just a little sneak peak.