1. Default Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/10/2014

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/news/current/00I8S/

2. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/10/2014

Login servers aren't the only ones with issues right now

3. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/10/2014

Well that explains why I came back to a login screen.

4. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/10/2014

To anyone who restarted the client within the past 4 hours: Is it just me, or does the game use a LOT more CPU and memory compared to half a day ago?

5. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/10/2014

Did you do anything major within those 4 hours? These days I rarely venture beyond cRA or Empress but I've noticed Commerci and Gollux along with the aforementioned tend to cause it to spike way up. Mine was sitting around 900k all day and it's still sitting around there even after relaunching it and leaving it for 15 minutes or so.

6. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/10/2014

On my 2nd laptop it would shoot up to 100% CPU and like 80% ram usage. All I did was try to afk o.o

My main compy was fine but I did not restart maple on it in the past 4 hours.

7. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/10/2014

Yeah, I noticed that too. it started hitting way up in the millions with memory and took about 80% CPU

8. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/10/2014

Please teach me your ways o'great one.

9. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/10/2014

This is after leaving it up all night and not restarting it since my above post:

The CPU does spike up to like 60~80 every now and then but it drops back down to 25~30 shortly after. Memory's always the same though. idk man.

10. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/10/2014

Nope. Just restarted the game client shortly after the connectivity issues notice was posted, then it minorly patched blackcipher, and now the game client just uses an abnormally high amount of CPU and memory no matter what I do.

Here's what happens after logging in and AFKing for 15 minutes:

11. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/10/2014

Sounds to me like they are using back cipher to do some analyzing for something specific. This has happened before. It probably will stay this way until the next Black Cipher update.

12. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/10/2014

the whole memory bloat thing is so lame

before this version maple took 500mb, now takes over 1.1 gb and cannot run on my laptop anymore. this is before it even gets to the start page, it crashes

13. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/10/2014

I guess I received the "patch" late, because I'm now experiencing what every else above described.
    I haven't even had the game up for half an hour and it's already over 1600k memory, hovering right around 70 cpu usage, and I'm getting constant frame lag/spikes. I hope the maintenance fixes this bull pomegranate because the game isn't even playable and I can't even keep it up in the background because it causes everything else to lag as well.