Just a few random notes.

First up... the canoe *IS* obtainable... but it's a very, VERY rare map and it tries to trick you. It will not pop up with a message saying something like, "oh look, there's a canoe" instead it gives you the "we can't find this location on the map" message. It's a beach/ocean map, with the portal on the left and the canoe over near the ocean water on the right.

Second... random bugs. The bugs won't just vary by world, or even by account, but will vary by CHARACTER! For example with my DW when I go into the underground part I very often get these maps where the portal out is at the very bottom left/right and no matter where you stand it will never let you out (even if you're directly on top of it). It just always gives the message that you need to be closer. So far on all my characters, the invisible/yellow portal at the top of the underground map will ALWAYS transport to the tour guide map. So some bugs may be consistent at the account level (or maybe be consistent for everyone). Some people have said they get randomly teleported to the tour guide map using ANY portal... luckily I haven't had that problem yet. Another bug is that sometimes you will see the red parrot, but when you kill it, it doesn't show up with the quest at the top, it just goes *poof* and disappears.

Third... DO NOT USE THE MOUNT COUPONS! Not unless you NEVER want to be able to get the mount coupons ever again (on that character). If you use one of the mount coupons and then try that means of escape again it'll just give you a dumpy 1.5x exp coupon that will expire in 24 hours.

Fourth... DROP WHAT YOU DON'T NEED! For example if you have 32 screws and it only need 10 to fix a craft it will take *ALL* of them if you don't first drop the 22 extra (and then pick them back up after it's fixed).

Fifth... experience per mob is NOT very good... however experience per QUEST is very, VERY good! I usually rack up around 1% to 2% experience at level 212 just by doing as many of the quests as possible.

Sixth... CONSERVE RAPTORS! It's best when you get raptors on the ancient robot or white rhino map. Just kill ONE of them to get the raptor claw and LEAVE THE REST! That quest can be repeated as many times as you like and it gives REALLY good experience, so don't just start wiping out all the raptors left and right or you'll make it a lot harder to complete the quest multiple times.

Seventh... you can fix multiple crafts, but if you fix more than one you will NOT be able to use previously fixed crafts to get off the island. Whatever craft you fixed last is the one you ~have~ to use to get out (or else fix another one that hasn't been fixed yet).

Eight... you can KILL LOW LEVEL PLAYERS! The maps are SHARED and whoever goes on the map first sets the mob level, so like when I go on a map it sets them at level 212... so then any low level player who gets randomly dumped into that map will usually just get instantly killed the moment they touch the mobs.

Nine... the trait items WILL NOT EXTEND! Meaning if you max out your 500 limits and ~then~ use one of them... yeah, you won't get anything... except maybe charm because it has a 5,000 point daily limit. You CAN use this to your advantage with the random trait experience you recieve for getting off the island. Basically if you dig up herbs/ores until you're at 499 then you can get quite a bit EXTRA because it won't just give you the one missing point. If it gives you say 100 empathy points then basically you're getting 99 extra points for that day.

Ten... if it screws up for some reason and you get booted off the island I don't think the quest will reset properly in your lightbulb icon, meaning in order to get back to the island (the next day) you'll have to go to the EVENT HALL and manually talk to the NPC.

...aaaaand I think that's pretty much everything. Or at least the overly important stuff.

Oh, one last trick... a bit pointless, but if you move the EMP items into your storage you can carry more than just the one. Basically every time you get one throw it into your storage and it'll keep stacking up and then you can take it out of your storage and have a whole bunch of them... they might all go *poof* if you try and use one though... not totally sure, never tried it.