Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1. Default Re: LATAM eSports Team

I'm watching! ^^

CONGRATS LOOSE/SATORI ON WINNING!!!
    Last edited by Zelkova; 2015-04-16 at 11:05 PM.

2. Default Re: LATAM eSports Team

Many thanks!

We are eSports now!

Spoiler

3. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: LATAM eSports Team

I caught some of it too. Great job!

4. Default Re: LATAM eSports Team

Thanks! I'm sure some of it is really boring, but damn, when you're part of a team you just keep looking at every single detail and don't pay attention to that. I was in another Teamspeak channel with the other coach & analyst and holy pomegranate were they panicky. I kept telling them, "It's okay, we've got late game (even though it's not true, it's something I always say) and BrawL doesn't know how to finish games."

Funny thing about the last game. BrawL had recently acquired two players from NA, however only one of them was eligible (have to have residency in a LAN country for a month), they were to replace the Jungler and Mid (they're both brothers), though in their Facebook they stated that this would be their last game with the team. In the last game, they played their eligible NA player but as a support. This came out of nowhere, but we were ready for it. Luckily, being the person that I made that likes to research every single detail and try to map out every scenario that could happen, we banned Thresh, the only support he played. The result...

Also, the support player they benched used to be in Satori, so most of us know him. The team was pissed off with this decision, they couldn't believe they had benched him. So, they pretty much "avenged" the benched support by beating them and showing BrawL how big of an error they had committed.

Context.

Tutorial completed, on forward to the real deal. : D

5. Default Re: LATAM eSports Team

K Loose, now get me to diamond since you're pro.

6. Default Re: LATAM eSports Team

I'll tell you what I tell my players before every game, "If you guys are ever down in score, just remember that you've got late game. And the other team doesn't know how to finish games. Don't throw. This is LAN."

7. Default Re: LATAM eSports Team

So... the players thought that the administration (admin, coach, analyst, psychologist, all the support staff) didn't do anything to help the team qualify. Suddenly, the friends of a couple of players, ex-members of the team, came in claiming they were the owners of the team and pretty much brainwashed the players, making them believe that we were going to receive a hefty cut of the Riot salary. We had established 65% for the players, 35% for the staff and the brand. That 35% for the staff AND the brand, when I mean brand it's investment money (site, designs, anything the team may need).

The "owners" that came barging in where saying that they would rather a 80% - 20% split. I mean, what the hell are these guys coming in here and suddenly acting like the owners. They did nothing to help the team, hell, most of us didn't even know them. This is bullpomegranate, they didn't appreciate us, they didn't defend us, they don't deserve to win. I hope they realize the huge mistake they've made and really, really hope these "owners" don't screw them over.

The timing of this video, though, just listen to the first 6 seconds, that's all.

Meanwhile, we, as an administrative entity, are looking to help out another team. One with no backstabbing, one where we'll be appreciated, one where we'll seek to crush them and make them see how wrong they were.

Damn rant. On an ending note, apparently (not yet confirmed) Riot is going to send the money divided, 60% for players, 40% for support staff.

GG.

8. Default Re: LATAM eSports Team

So what does that mean for you on Satori Loose? Are you going to remain as manager for them?

9. Default Re: LATAM eSports Team

We're out, the entire administrative staff. All they have right now are the players and the three "owners"/friends that came out of nowhere.

We're talking with another other team to see if they need some help with support staff.

10. Default Re: LATAM eSports Team

I was hoping you'd get paid LCS moneys though! Damn!

11. Default Re: LATAM eSports Team

I was hoping for that too, not immediately, but eventually. It was never the goal, though. Just trying to make the scene competitive, the money is a bonus...

I was actually thinking it would be different... but everything is still the same. "Compadrismo", what we call favoritism among friends, happens in politics, in businesses, etc. Happened in eSports with the team, we finally qualified, the players dumped us for their close friends (one of them was actually the BrawL support, the one I mentioned in a post above).

Also, still waiting on the "owners" to post our departure message on the Facebook Fanpage, as well as them contacting me for the logo. I already informed Riot that they currently do not have permission to use it.

Hoping next time I post it'll be good news. : \

12. Default Re: LATAM eSports Team

This is not how real businesses work. The administrative staff are the ones who replace the players, not the other way around.

13. Default Re: LATAM eSports Team

I agree. I'm not sure how roles got flipped around like that. Considering Loose and his team actually tore apart this group of players and found new players within the past 6 months or so (after they closed Satori Blue) it doesn't seem like it always worked this way.

Even if the players attempted to start a coup you could have just killed the whole lineup and started from scratch if you had to.

14. Default Re: LATAM eSports Team

Welp, welcome to eSports in LATAM, where players are the ones that call the shots. I mean, if it's just one or two that are being a problem, then it's easier to handle. But when all 5 players agree and give you the middle finger, there's nothing you can do.

That really wouldn't be much of a problem if we had a larger pool of good/decent players.

15. Default Re: LATAM eSports Team

You should review all the legal documents that legitimizes your place within the team and the management's role in the team as a whole. I'm sorry to say this, but I don't understand how you can be so passive when you've just been robbed of the greatest accomplishment a manager can have in League of Legends. Of course your players are all going to demand more pay, all players demand more pay because of how fleeting eSports seems and their families will pressure you into giving their boys more money because you are ultimately giving them the money. I honestly think that an opportunity like this could have made you into a star like Ocelote. If anything, I think that you should send Thorin a message with respect to what just happened. I know that Thorin/Monte cover NA/EU/KR scenes primarily, however Thorin would probably be highly intrigued to hear about this from an e-historian perspective and you will get some free publicity and advice to transition to the next step.

16. Default Re: LATAM eSports Team

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. Thanks! : D

Rumor right now is that they've failed to supply proper paperwork and they'll be relegated, having BrawL take their place. Tomorrow is the deadline to send in everything.

eSports drama. :V