IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Warning: Thanksgiving Feast Event quest

http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...23post11035413

Apparently, the NPCs don't tell you what ingredients they want, and they can take some valuable stuff without warning. This person lost 335 anti-magic stones farmed over several months.

If you have stuff you can't afford to lose in your inventory, don't do this quest.

2. Default Re: Warning: Thanksgiving Feast Event quest

Woah... that's srsly screwed up... I'm thinkin they're gonna do an unscheduled maintenance.... once they start getting flooded with complaints... hopefully they'll be able to restore people's items without needing to do a rollback or anything too crazy.

3. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

Default Re: Warning: Thanksgiving Feast Event quest

rofl lost my lady combs and 2 magic stones o well

4. Default Re: Warning: Thanksgiving Feast Event quest

Well, at least they put in some effort to minimize the damage...

...hopefully cleaning up/fixing the whole mess won't be too huge of a hassle and hopefully people didn't lose ~too~ much, although, to be honest, it probably never should have occurred in the first place... I mean, srsly, what were they thinking?! ಠ_ಠ

5. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: Warning: Thanksgiving Feast Event quest

I would cry myself to sleep or slit my wrist if i lose 335 anti magic stones.

I'm starting to love these events where the unexpected happens, kinda make it interesting (Seeing how they screw them up).

6. Default Re: Warning: Thanksgiving Feast Event quest

The thing that annoys me the most about event screw ups like this are that there's no longer an easy means of warning everyone. It used to be we got the free Tot megaphone, so you could easily create a throw-away character, get a megaphone and then send out a freebie warning message to everyone in the world at once... but not so much anymore. This screw up I spent some time hanging out in Henesys warning people... but that's not quite as helpful as the megaphones... although it does generate more fame.

7. Default Re: Warning: Thanksgiving Feast Event quest

The megaphones were abused by hackers so they no longer exist. If you want to blame someone for that, blame the hackers.

8. Default Re: Warning: Thanksgiving Feast Event quest

Yeah there was this one crazy guy who did that in Windia, like constantly for 24 hours straight... it was really bad. :(

9. Default Re: Warning: Thanksgiving Feast Event quest

I hate how nexon handles pomegranate like that, Instead of doing something about the hackers they just take the easy way out and make everyone suffer. This is what originally kept me away from Maple. Id go as far as thinking Nexon don't wanna give us the coin shop type events because botters take advantage so much. if they would just be active again they could change the maple economy instantly. Boss stalkers are getting worse and worse. =/

10. Default Re: Warning: Thanksgiving Feast Event quest

/post

11. Default Re: Warning: Thanksgiving Feast Event quest

Why not just turn the damn NPCs off altogether? Jesus christ. I know it isn't a difficult task to do, they've done it before. >_>

12. Default Re: Warning: Thanksgiving Feast Event quest

Another warning: The buff coupons that you may receive from either one of the event NPCs, have a time-limited availability of 10 minutes. Meaning, you're required to activate the coupon within 10 minutes. At least, this was the case with the coupons I got: 'Burning Aroma' and 'Sudden Stomachache'.

Update from a fellow Maplestory official forum user: