Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: v.156 - Cygnus Awakening: Night Walker Update Notes

You're not alone, most fun I've had with a questline for a long time.

Wish they'd done more with the phone though, the messages are a nice touch but outside of pre-determined quest points you don't appear to be able to casually call anyone and have them respond. Nexon missed a massive opportunity with that imo.

2. Default Re: v.156 - Cygnus Awakening: Night Walker Update Notes

OX quiz in FriendStory chapter 5...are you pineappleing serious

3. Default Re: v.156 - Cygnus Awakening: Night Walker Update Notes

Old Maplestory has its ups and downs for me.

It was nice visiting the old Maple Island. Seeing Stumps, Pigs, and Slimes on the island weren't exactly nostalgic for me though, kinda wish they went further back. I loved seeing Bari and his "Salute~" message once again!

I enjoyed venturing through the old maps like Pig Beach, (Rain) Forest East of Henesys, Caution Falling Down, Forest of Golem, The entire section of Ant Tunnel, CAVE OF EVIL EYE, and Drake's Meal Table.

The world map from clicking one of the NPC's chat on Maple Island is showing the new one instead...
    A lot of the building textures and NPCs missing make it look like the Old Maplestory got destroyed or something...
    I tried fighting Mano and gave up because it was being a pain in the ass. I won't even care about what rewards it gives whatever they are... I assume all bosses are like that. Minus Jr Balrog though, that thing was a piece of cake.
    Looks like they messed up on the map name of Henesys's Rain Forest.
    Why is there a chunk of ice NPC in HHG? Also, HHG1 just isn't the same with the Green Mushrooms not on the top...
    Utah's Pig Farm is bugged now apparently, oh well. I just discovered the portal to the right is actually the bugged portal, oh.
    Speaking of portals, those things are freaking messy on where they send you for the next map...
    Some quests aren't doable because the monsters they ask for don't exist/not in the area. There's a few questlines in Perion that are mixed with current-time Perion, so you don't get coins from them...
    Speaking of coins, why do we only get 1 coin for each quest... Looks like I'm going to have to collect thousands of Cursed Dolls for that.
    I am not even going to touch the jump quests, especially Sumi's...
    Why is the subway dungeon to the west and not where it should be?? I seriously get disoriented with these maps.
    The Burning Land isn't the same without Red Drakes... WTP are they still doing in the dungeon.
    The way you enter Sleepywood is a bit surprising, I wish they brought back any of the three dungeon maps before entering Sleepywood though...

It's sounds like the spin-off or whatever it's called is more fun than Olde Sap Story. I should try that soon, the rewards look interesting.

4. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

Default Re: v.156 - Cygnus Awakening: Night Walker Update Notes

man you get so little needles from the pq, not worth the time

5. Default Re: v.156 - Cygnus Awakening: Night Walker Update Notes

Character slot from Monster Purge for today only, supposedly anyway.
    I accepted the quest but it disappeared from my quest log, not sure if changing channels had anything to do with it.

From what I hear, if you change channels, relog or disconnect from the game the quest will disappear.
    A post on the official forums mentions the quest disappearing after accepting the sweetiepie gift quest.

6. Default Re: v.156 - Cygnus Awakening: Night Walker Update Notes

Preferably the Henesys route with the golem pit where unfortunate players fell to their demises? yes pls

I agree that the maps are not the same as the originals. (Most likely they were from right before Big Bang but not any previous versions up to that point.) I didn't go far into this event but I did see that a couple maps on Maple Island were not the originals, especially the map between the fork and Amherst. (It used to be a big map, with three major levels, but it was also empty for that reason.) I think these maps were used either before or after we got the JMS beginner camp thing, after the originals.

I didn't feel like getting the coins - the coin shop items seemed lackluster, mostly for nostalgic kicks (like Pan Lids!).

7. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

they should've made a lvl 100 or something set based on old explorer clothes(the apple clothes or the white shirt blue shorts and sandals)

8. Water Straight Male
    IGN: Pybo
    Server: Scania
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile
    Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

Seems like Chaos Pierre, Von Bon and Vellum are broken.

Red Pierre only appears for 1 second before disappearing.
    Von Bon disappears a lot more often, and doesn't use some of his attacks (no jump 1hko).
    Vellum doesn't use his hyperbeam attack.

Another thing I've noticed is that my Empress soul can't kill more than 1 mob at a time

9. Default Re: v.156 - Cygnus Awakening: Night Walker Update Notes

FriendStory reminds me of Japanese visual novels.

Except instead of male wish fulfillment, it's comedic and actually pretty funny.

10. Default Re: v.156 - Cygnus Awakening: Night Walker Update Notes

I was excited when I saw the Frozen Tuna, but then I noticed it wasn't the Beginner one.

11. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Great so i lost the character slot because nexon doesn't test stuff before releasing it? Lol typical.

Edit: Can't get the quest after it's deleted in another chars either. gg nexon.

12. Default Re: v.156 - Cygnus Awakening: Night Walker Update Notes

Vellum's "laser" is incredibly amusing. He still teleports to the corner of the map like he would normally, but instead of popping up and using the laser he just stays underground and slowly wanders back towards you. He stays underground for as long as the laser would normally last so if your runs are usually short on time you're going to have a much harder time taking him down. My runs tend to take around 9~11 minutes and it added about 2 minutes to my runs today.

13. Default Re: v.156 - Cygnus Awakening: Night Walker Update Notes

Not sure if other jobs' summons are affected, but the Kaiser Stone Dragon, despite being able to hit multiple mobs, only does damage to one mob, while for all other mobs the damage is displayed but 0 damage is actually done.

14. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

It's been noticed with soul weapon summons as well.

15. Default Re: v.156 - Cygnus Awakening: Night Walker Update Notes

visited old maple again. it was as disappointing as last year.

only the slime tree was faithfully recreated. though I never cared much for it as a training spot even when everyone else was there, I saw how it was a unique and magical place that many people have great affection for

the Henesys hunting ground was a disappointment. they used the crappy one they used last year
    the portal enteres from the wrong way. they also used the same crappy map from the pre-aran map, it still has the ugly ice cube npc there. it is also the one with low spawn and pigs instead of the original monster spawns.
    of course the HHG would not be what it was wiithout hordes of noobs swatting at snails with melee weapons but it would be nice to have the original back

was there a sleepywood? I swear I saw the ant tunnel in a promo, want to visit there for a bit.

Also they kept the silly system where if you left old maple and re-entered you were back at the starting map