1. Default Maplestory's new intro page

So, it appears the SAO landing page is no longer active. I was surprised to logon to the maple website and see this:

http://maplestory.nexon.net/landing/

The intro sequence is actually pretty cool. It's neat to see Gollux in motion. What do you guys think?

2. Default Re: Maplestory's new intro page

Everything in that is wrong ;3

3. Default Re: Maplestory's new intro page

EMS has had this for some time now, hoping for gollux :D

4. Default Re: Maplestory's new intro page

If I was a new player seeing this for the first time, I would be like pineapple YEAH.

And then when I get into the game, I'd be like

5. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default Re: Maplestory's new intro page

It's been up for a couple of months at least. EMS' version of this is copied+pasted, if you look at the source code, you can see them literally comment some stuff out that is in the GMS version.

6. Default Re: Maplestory's new intro page

I don't know how long ago this was added, but apparently you can now earn 10k Maple Points on new accounts created before the end of December by reaching level 50. Kinda neat, I guess, although we all know it's going to get abused (not by me, at least).

(read the tiny text at the bottom left)

7. Default Re: Maplestory's new intro page

At this point I don't think Nexon cares about the abuse. They just desperate want to increase the playerbase.

8. Default Re: Maplestory's new intro page

Yeah, I didn't mean it as a bad thing. Obviously they wouldn't even do it if they cared about people abusing it. I just think it's a little funny that it's only on the landing page and nowhere else.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Way too abusable. Even though it's MP and not giftable NX, one can still use it to buy cash shop scrolls and cubes, to perfect gear with.
    And getting to 50 only takes a few hours.
    Do you know how many goldfarming bot accounts are created per day, and level to 50, and will receive these MP if they don't get banned (roflol) in two weeks? They don't even have to be aware of this offer, to abuse it.

Definitely belongs in the "too good to be true" category.

10. Default Re: Maplestory's new intro page

As in you don't think they'll hand out the Maple Points? I could see problems arising from that due to false advertising...

Spoiler

11. Orbital Bee Cannon

No, no. "Too good to be true" not in the sense of "they're lying" but in the sense of "they made a mistake and if we take advantage of it we will be punished".
    They do intend to hand out the Maple Points. And they will. Until they realize how it's being abused. And then there will be a massive banning spree and all sorts of collateral damage.
    Or no banning spree (or bans of just the new accounts but not the mains they were created to serve) and the abusers will be allowed to keep their ill-gotten gains, and the legits will once again feel stupid for not partaking, and yeah.
    I really can't see anything good coming to the game or the community from this thing.

12. Default Re: Maplestory's new intro page

I think they'd be in over their heads if they decided to start prosecuting people for abusing this. They really should know better by now than to offer things like this and not expect people to abuse it.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon

Seems Nexon is the one doing the abusing, this time.

Apparently they are not paying out the 10k Maple Points.
    One person says this was the explanation:
    The landing page still says "new account", not "new player" or "new user".
    So Nexon is still getting plenty of new accounts made by existing players who take that literally. All these new accounts will look really nice on the year-end report to Korea and the shareholders.

The sad thing is, the reward is just Maple Points. Not real money. If they paid it out, it would not change anything in the pretty picture they're drawing for the shareholders. In fact, it might cause people to make even more accounts.

Oh well, business as usual at Nexon. Mislead the customers in order to mislead the shareholders. Brilliant, no?

14. Default Re: Maplestory's new intro page

Scumbag nexon vs scumbag players

15. Default Re: Maplestory's new intro page

That was probably the dumbest thing I have ever read from you.