1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default EXP loss on death?

As far as I know, the formula for exp loss on death (in normal maps, not talking crazies like Gollux) is:
    A * (1 - F - C)
    Where
    A = EXP loss on death as displayed in your Ambition tooltip. Starts at 10% (0 Ambition) and goes down to 5% for maximum Ambition.
    F = EXP loss saved by having an Undead on your Monster Life Farm.
    C = EXP loss saved by having a Cannoneer Card

However, I've been getting some strange results lately, so I started doing tests, and things don't add up.
    Has the formula been changed? Do you lose less exp if a higher level enemy kills you? Or if you're 1st job? Or whatever other variables?

Edit: ah, senility http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=67261
    Some of the questions I'm having now were already raised then, and not answered.

2. Default Re: EXP loss on death?

Not sure about the actual mechanics, but I know for certain that Ambition will NOT stack with the new Guild skill... each one can do -5% exp loss, but you can't use both to get zero loss. Apparently though that's a BUG according to a GM... their solution was to give me 5k maple points to buy those experience protection items in the Cash Shop.

On a related note (with experience loss) be *VERY* careful on the ancient golem map (or any map really), because sometimes it can lag real bad when one of those uber mobs or boss mobs show up and you can wind up dead before you even realize what's happening. Usually this happens during 2X events because there's so many people playing the game at once. Some of those uber mobs also have skills that can lock your character, preventing you from using potions... if that happens I suggest quitting the game just as fast as you possibly can before you wind up going *poof*.

3. Default Re: EXP loss on death?

I believe you mean Elite Monsters with the Dry prefix. See here for the full list.

Hadriel