Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Cash2 Second "Second Chances"

Source

TLDR: We're unbanning everyone we banned for the Bounty hunter exploit so we can be more consistent.

One step forward, two steps back. Can't say I'm surprised in the least bit. Thoughts?

2. Default Re: Second "Second Chances"

Expected/10, honestly. no point in really worrying about exploiters, once again, getting next to zero punishment. i've been focusing on playing the game so i have fun, not really comparing myself to others. i mean, i'd love to compare, but it's just not worth it lol

inb4dustin

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Second "Second Chances"

This is so absurd that the only sensible response is triplefacepalm.jpg. But then I'd have to warn myself for spam. So here are some words:

This is a stupid, stupid decision, and the only reason I can imagine for it is that Korea has been on their case for banning so many "paying customers".

Consistency?
    The only thing this teaches people is that they can abuse and exploit to their heart's content, because they can get away with it not just as long as they're not caught, but also the first time (or first few times?) that they are caught. So the deterrent of "is this unfair advantage worth risking my entire account over?" is gone. Do it until you get caught, and then just enjoy what you already gained.
    Definitely not the way to teach anyone to respect the rules.

4. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    canada

Pretty much sums up my thoughts regarding the announcement.

And lol, I've long since blocked him. I'm sure he'd love to jump into this thread, however. Honest question, though, is if I make a thread/post is he still able to see it?

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Yes. (Ultra-)Ignore is one-way only.

6. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    canada

That's a shame.

7. Default Re: Second "Second Chances"

Just some insight for you people who aren't aware, Nexon Korea is essentially behind this. I wish I could show you some of the ridiculous emails they send regarding any player banned, the micromanaging is absolutely hilarious and depressing.

After what, 5 mass bannings that were in error, it's no surprise Korea feels they have to step in and baby everything. Although with none of you being surprised, kind of leads to my very strong hypothesis of why people still play

8. Default Re: Second "Second Chances"

We're masochists?

9. Electron Male

IGN: AranBhav
    Server: Khaini
    Job: Aran
    Guild: FallenStarz
    Alliance: forgot f4
    Farm: BhavsFarm
    england

Nexon going back on their word? Why am I not surprised.

10. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Meanwhile YMCKs first 250 will be a hacker (and the next 250 will be his second, another illegit char) because he "only" used a bot program on the other char and "AFK trained" on the other. Botting looks like nothing considering his hacking history in the past, but since GMs aren't doing their job and other players cannot prove hacking inside boss maps (openly bragging about hacking in smegas and the items the player sells aren't enough proof for nexon) , he gets away with that too. Both chars have gotten bans while being in top 10 gMS, but all bans have been something ridiculous like 7 days. And in the past if you got, even a temporary, ban for botting or hacking, you had no hope of your char returning in the rankings. Well it seems, nowadays you do.

11. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

rofl

12. Default Re: Second "Second Chances"

Can't believe its April again already, feels like I skipped 6 months.

13. Default Re: Second "Second Chances"

Seriously? Eight years later and they still don't have a banning guideline they can adhere to?

Guess Nexon Korea really wants that strong fourth quarter report, to show to the shareholders that they aren't bleeding money over in this hemisphere.

14. Default Re: Second "Second Chances"

Shocking.

15. Default Re: Second "Second Chances"

"we will take all necessary steps to protect the health of our game,"
    of course unbanning those who exploit/hack is definitely protecting the health of the game

16. Water
    IGN: Dragon4meII
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 211
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: PityDaFool

The way I see it, Nexon know the game is dying. They would rather have people around abusing the system then have no one using the system. They have to realize that these people drive NX sells, even if it is them buying NX with their mesos, someone is paying for the NX. As far as why I still play, I have adjusted the way I play the game and do find enjoyment in it still. Sure I do not play to the extent I used to, but it is still a good distraction for an hour or so a day. Honestly these players do not effect my game play anymore, so as long as they are not personally effecting me I do not care.

17. Default Re: Second "Second Chances"

If only we could say "well they are trying to sweep the tables and start over with a new punishment policy and they will be more extrict from here onwards with people that breaks the rules" but we all know this is simply bullpomegranate. They wont increase their monitoring of the game and they wont be more strict with offenders because the sad truth of the matter is that whats left of MS' comunity is formed mostly by ilegit players, AND ITS ALL THEIR FAULT. At this point banning the illegits would simply kill the game.

18. Default Re: Second "Second Chances"

Apparently I got blocked until October 12th, what the hell is this? I was just fine yesterday.

19. Default Re: Second "Second Chances"

It is their new policy.

"Trade places with a confirmed hacker so that you can learn what it feel like to be locked out. Empathize, and buy some NX today!"

20. Default Re: Second "Second Chances"

So much for getting the SAO medal though.
    Seriously, what is wrong with these monkeys?