Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Ebola in Dallas, Texas

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/healt...tion/16460629/

I was told to not panic but i swear i live 30 minutes away from Dallas
    im pretty sure this is something you need to hear for people like @Zelkova and I

all i can say is...

Fuk

2. Default Re: Ebola in Dallas, Texas

hide yo kid, hide yo wife

3. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Ebola in Dallas, Texas

Don't bother panicking just yet. Remember that it's only spread through bodily fluids. Don't go swapping spit or blood with anybody and you're probably fine. This was pretty much bound to happen eventually.

4. Default Re: Ebola in Dallas, Texas

I found out about this a a bit earlier today. I'm slightly worried but like @Verrkol said, I think I'll be okay so long as I don't go around being a hoore. ;3

5. Default Re: Ebola in Dallas, Texas

My little virus can't be this deadly

6. Default Re: Ebola in Dallas, Texas

Well, I'm scared as I heard there was a patient in Omaha as well :( I live in Lincoln, NE, so yeah.

7. Default Re: Ebola in Dallas, Texas

Whatever. It's nothing to be worried about. Remember when bird flu was going to kill us all?

That was spread through fluids too, and nothing serious came of it. Wash your hands and generally have good hygiene and you'll be absolutely fine.

8. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Whoa wait what?

I happen to be on Omaha... yeah, I admit to being a bit worried.

9. Default Re: Ebola in Dallas, Texas

That patient was flown in from somewhere to get treatment in Omaha. The patient was in full quarantine the entire time. You're safe. :P Just ask Kit.

10. Default Re: Ebola in Dallas, Texas

While I'm kinda far from Dallas, about a 4 hour drive from San Antonio, this news left me unsettled. I heard a rumor, emphasis of rumor, that some children may have been exposed. IMHO, once children get it and it infiltrates public schools it's a landslide from there, but I am no biologist.

11. Default Re: Ebola in Dallas, Texas

Can you guys please quit being paranoid? As already stated in this thread, it can only spread through bodily fluids. It's not going to be spread all over the damn place like the common cold or flu. Just keep yourselves hygienic (washing hands is a huge one), don't drink from other people's beverages and such, and it shouldn't even be a thought in your head.

12. Default Re: Ebola in Dallas, Texas

Ideally and realistically, it should be very easily containable. However, it really only takes one psychopath or one undetected carrier to spread it. Certainly, this shouldn't be a major thing on anyone's mind, but it also shouldn't be taken too lightly. I don't think this is going to be an epidemic of any sorts, but it's always a good idea to be aware and safe.

13. Default Re: Ebola in Dallas, Texas

There are people that knowingly spread other terrible diseases to people, like AIDS, I don't see why this would be any different. Paranoia is a good thing, panic is not.

14. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Yeah, good to keep in mind that while paranoia is understandable, all you just need to do is be careful.

15. Default Re: Ebola in Dallas, Texas

I think part of it is because of the sheer number of people with HIV/AIDS which makes it far more of a problem : a handful of people are easy to convince to act rationally and possibly get better (As is the case with ebola).

In a horrific truth, the relatively fast death from ebola also likely helps to prevent it spreading. People will want to be quarantined because most won't want to risk killing friends and family, the effects will be hard to hide, and if they want any chance at all of surviving, it's probably best to speak up right away.

16. Default Re: Ebola in Dallas, Texas

1) AIDS is not a disease, it is a condition. HIV is the disease.
    2) HIV is no where near the same level as Ebola. HIV is easily spread because you can have it but have no idea until it is faaaaaar too late. Ebola is not the case.

Ebola is hard to spread and it easily targets Africa because of the poor access to quality healthcare and superstition.

17. Default Re: Ebola in Dallas, Texas

My dad has already started with his anti-Obama conspiracy theory involving the government spreading Ebola. Please, just pineappleing please.

18. Default Re: Ebola in Dallas, Texas

Basically there's no real threat as long as the virus doesn't go airborne. The patient contracted it in Liberia, which means as of right now there are still no cases confirmed to originate in the U.S. Which means essentially any cases in the U.S. right now are contained, controlled situations with only a remote chance of spreading. Unless the infected dude is spitting on, urinating on, bleeding on, or otherwise getting bodily fluids on you, you're not going to get infected.

19. Default Re: Ebola in Dallas, Texas

I actually had a customer at work start peaching and moaning, yelling "fuck" as loudly as he could because when I was giving him the four T-Bones he wanted, he said the wrapping wasn't good enough, so he wanted it double wrapped. Okay, my gloves were off at that point and there wasn't any point in putting a new pair on, because the meat was already in a package. I just started wrapping a sheet of paper over it and he started throwing a massive fit, complaining about spreading diseases and whatnot, mentioning Ebola. My co-workers and I just looked at each other, shook our heads and unanimously agreed, "this guy is an idiot..."