Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: would you leave or stay ?

With monte of course ;3

2. Default Re: would you leave or stay ?

I'd stay for a bit, then I'd leave.

I'd get to explore Pig Beach, Golem Temple, Burning Road with Drakes, Slime Trees, Sleepywood, Ant Tunnel, Evil Eye Cave, and Orbis Tower.

I might try to PQ again if the community is booming. The main thing I'd like to see again are my old friends and guildmates, I'm afraid they might never come back either way.

OH AND HAVE DRAGON KNIGHT SKILLS!!!!!

I'd get bored of leveling slow, failing at quests, and then not play as much.

I like the new Maplestory despite how more dead it is. I've gained a couple more friends recently, but they rarely/never talk... The guild I was in 6 months ago was generally dead, dead enough for myself to become 2nd in command. I went inactive hoping I'd get kicked out, but nope I was still in it. I didn't want to follow the same steps I had with the Reddit tribe of Transformice so I left risking myself to be guildless. I miss IsaacGS and his updates too. With all what's happened, I'd still rather stick with the current Maplestory.

3. Default Re: would you leave or stay ?

I think the main reason that I had a chance to explore the content was because leveling was too slow, and exploring gave somewhat good experience if you didn't die, plus it was kinda good to go down ant tunnel and finding a balrog there haha.

i'd leave

4. Default Re: would you leave or stay ?

I don't believe those people are switching back and forth because they are entirely two different experiences, my assumption is not that they want to be stuck in the same 10 patch vortex but rather want to rewind to start over a new game without potential. I don't think players like OP know how to articulate this, but I feel maplestory would be in a much, MUCH better place if they didn't set themselves with such a uncontrolled standard

5. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: Elidibs
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: HS Master
    Guild: SquishyNoobs
    Alliance: Brave
    Farm: Zodiac

Default Re: would you leave or stay ?

I would leave.

The deciding factor for me isn’t the training speed, potential, or the community. The one thing an old school server can’t bring back for me is the feeling of experiencing the game for the first time.

After experiencing just about all the content this game has to offer, reaching level 200, exploring every area, beating nearly every endgame boss, and finishing nearly every questline, it just wouldn’t have the same sense of aspiration or wonder at exploring the game as a blissful, ignorant newb. For that reason alone, an old school server holds little appeal for me.
    Last edited by Zodiac; 2014-10-01 at 08:29 AM.

6. Default Re: would you leave or stay ?

Removing potential and everything even remotely related to it would make the game worth coming back to, if only to watch the inevitable crash and burn when people realize mobs that give hours worth of exp ACTUALLY TAKE HOURS TO KILL OH pomegranate. Even more delicious if the average person doesn't have enough attack to reach the KB values on the high end grinding mobs and it becomes like attacking the juggernaut and not "lets KB this mob with 99999999999999999 life into a wall for 20 minutes" like it is now. The KB animation will become a rarity again and people will respect it much more! But, like I said, I don't expect this current community to stick around for that, this game is no longer about masochistically grinding your forehead against a brick wall, it's about becoming a one person wrecking crew and soloing bosses that used to actually take the 30 member queue to kill, barely in time at that, not in 7 seconds. My first Zakum run was 3 hours and 45 minutes, and it was the best thing ever. No wheels, no res, nothing, just me, a CB, a DK and a hermit were left at the end, we did the last 60ish% of 3rd body in about 45 minutes, the poor CB bombed so much money he went broke, so, since I got my helm, I gave him every last meso I had, even though it wasn't a seller run or anything, I don't even think those existed yet at the time, the regulars still didn't all have their helms yet.

7. Default Re: would you leave or stay ?

Already left, wouldn't come back for that.

I might be lured back in at least briefly if they did away with all the upgrading shenanigans and started releasing content that catered to adventurig and not to crappy cash grab boss fights or perverse school themed atrocities.

And I agree, Aqua training was the pinnacle. Monsters did not die in half a second, could make use of different attacks and took some thought to approach without getting owned.
    I would never play a game again that forced me to grind for so long for so little progress though.

I don't think MapleStory can win no matter what path it takes now. It is a dated mammoth driven forward by an insane handler, and the window for change has been long closed.

8. Default Re: would you leave or stay ?

Hit the nail on the head with this one

9. Default Re: would you leave or stay ?

For me, the golden age of MS wasn't pre-big-bang or pre-potential. It was before the patch (I don't remember the name) that raised the damage cap and boss hp. This change alone made the gap between the rich and the poor at least 10 times bigger, and the power-creeping, which was manageable at the time, became out of control. Looking back at it now, it's when most of my friend on MS and people from SP started to quit. I'd say Big Bang, Chaos and Jump where my 3 favorite patches and I would enjoy getting back there, personally.

10. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Default Re: would you leave or stay ?

I was thinking, that the useless pots in the potential system make harder to people to get stronger, that may be something that made much quit and stuff, i was just listing here some of the pots that really don't help much, including normal and %(like you can get 120def or 3%def in a item)
    Avoibility
    Accuracy
    Weapon/magic def
    %chance to ignore a attack
    %chance to become invecibility(just invencibility seens better )
    %chance to apply poison/blind or abnormal status in general
    %chance to recover hp or mp
    Listed maybe over 10 useless potentials that isn't hard to get .
    Maybe this would help to peoples get better? and even still the potential system is something that suck much money, if you see problably nexon got more money with cubes than with anything else.

11. Default Re: would you leave or stay ?

I have played Maplestory on and off for a very long time (Back to before Guilds or 3rd job was ever added to the game) my very first account was perma banned for using vac hack in the Horny/Zombie mush underground zone over in sleepywood (Was an idiot i know)

In my time here i have made some very great and long lasting relationships. Fond memories that I will remember for as long as i live.

I never thought Id be one of them Rose-colored players like I often complain about on the WoW forums, but it turns out i am one of them Rose Colored nostalgia people here on Maple.

Theres a lot i miss from classic Maplestory and a lot I like from Maplestory post BB.

But for me it comes down to the community as being the biggest thing I miss from my early days of playing Maple. I was one of those lucky people with a powerful enough of a computer who knew the right people that allowed me to help them run peoples accounts through Zakum or Horntail to sell them Helms and Pendants. I built up a good relationship with buyers, sellers and all the people in between. When it came down to training i would find myself training with the same group of people at Himes, Squids, Skeles or even Newties. The fact it took so long to level is what built up such strong friendships with people. And when you leveled it really meant something. Not like it does now. Bossing required a full field of well geared players to take them down. Things were hard in Classic Maplestory. And I think thats why I remember those days more fondly. Everything meant something. Even the smallest of achievements were extremely difficult to obtain. But it was this difficult that made the community what it was. Everyone was in it together and we all knew it. Sure many of us didnt get along with each other. But again this is what made Maplestory what it was. Until the days when the exp was nerfed and level 200 became achievable in a day or two then people lost sight of the prize. The ultimate goal. Level 200 was the king de kah of all possible things to accomplish in the game.

But one of the biggest things I take from Classic that I didnt care for was its balance and fleshed out classes.

The game at the start offered very little in terms of customization. Basically everyone who played the same job were mirror images of each other with different NX clothing on. Most classes were incapable of running certain bosses like Horntail or Pink Bean without dumping thousands of dollars into HP washing to survive magic or touch damage ex Nightlords, Shadowers, Bowmasters Marksmen or Corsairs. Mages were all the same. They were most powerful classes due to their zone wide ultimates being spamable, and as a result were the most wanted of Training partners.

Warriors literally never died to anything and did a metric ton of damage. As a result they could do everything in the game.

The rest of the classes struggled with training and money problems. You didnt do a whole lot of damage until you were way higher level than the stuff you were killing and because potions cost a lot and our weapons and ammo (Stars, Bullets) cost a fortune we were always broke.

As of right now the game has fleshed out all of the classes to make each individually stand on their own. Everyone can do everything in the game and with the Red update all classes have comparable damages numbers.

Overall I enjoy the game now. But what will more than likely keep me from sticking around for long periods of time is the fact the community is gone. Sure there are exceptions in some cases for people. But for me and many that I know its not the same anymore.

If this looks like a ramble with no real direction you're right. I tried to type this while at work over the course of a 3 hour period. So thoughts will be scattered all over.

12. Default Re: would you leave or stay ?

the game was pretty awful

but that is the story with most of the games, eq, vanilla wow, etc etc

rose coloured glasses ahoy