Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [In Progress] Insane Asylum Mafia END MAFIA WINS.

1. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 0.

Yeah, if everyone's role is a bastard role, Town is screwed :P

2. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 0.

Not necessarily, it can be well balanced even if it's bastardly. Not all bastard roles are worse or misleading versions of "good" roles.

3. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 0.

There could also be misleading mafia roles as well, I haven't seen any of that before. It'd be fun to see, since usually the mafia are the ones with the most information.

4. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 0.

^ In general, "Bastard" roles are those that subvert expectations or otherwise hide information from or mislead players. Some, though, are simply roles that encourage "toxic" gameplay (such as a jester, which wins by being lynched) that, while interesting, cause more gameplay problems rather than add variety or spice to the game. Mostly, they're roles that cause more frustration than fun.

Something can be considered "Bastard" if the very question of its existence leads someone to second guess or doubt a decision, comment, role, result PM, etc. Cop sanity is one of the mildest examples, but there's an entire spectrum that can just be...awful...in the hands of an inexperienced mod. Meta's a pretty knowledgeable player, so I don't think we'll have too much of an issue with that.

5. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 1.

You awaken with a start in a strange room and as look around you notice there are a number of other patients waking up as well around you. As you look towards the center of the room you see standing in the center of the room is a man in a white lab coat.

"Ah, yes. All of you should be waking up by now, don't be alarmed. We had you all moved from your cells during the night since all of you are ready for the final part of your rehabilitation. All that is left an experiment."

"What type of experiment you ask?"

"An experiment in the human condition."

"Amongst you there is a group that has been pre-selected to work together to get rid of everyone else and escape by themselves, will the rest of you be able to band together to defeat this group before it is too late? Only time will tell, either way I will be watching your progress from the shadows. Good luck."

1. @meowmixx;
    2. @VerrKol;
    3. @Razmos;
    4. @Hypermug;
    5. @Shidoshi;
    6. @CakesXD;
    7. @Polantaris;
    8. @LuvDWayULie;
    9. @Holypie;
    10. @MasPan;
    11. @Niernen;
    12. @Kyrastri;
    13. @ChaoticCJ;

Day 1 has begun, Day 1 will end 48ish hours from now. 9:00ish PST on the 25th.

6. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 1.

Yawn, I'm going to eat breakfast at 12am.

Oh, did anyone say, KIDNEYS?

7. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 1.

Die? Kill? We donts want to die.

no no we will live.

Escape. Can we do it?

hold me im scared

8. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 1.

I'm calling it right now. Our existence is futile and this entire experiment is a test to see how long it takes us to realize that there is only one team and none of us will escape alive.

9. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 1.

Hi, I'm uh.... hmm, apparently I forgot my name. Oh well, nice to meet you all, who should we murder?

10. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 1.

How long do we have to stay here? Will meals be provided for?

dibs on @Kyrastri; legs. raw they be good

11. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 1.

I don't remember signing any contracts about this....

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

12. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 1.

What kind of sick, demented, mind thought this was a good idea?!

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

What?! This place is going to descend into chaos! what do I do, what do I do?
    "Get rid of everyone else" does he mean kill them? how do I know who's on my side? are they going to try and kill me? this place is unsafe, unsafe. My heart is beating hard and i'm sweating..
    Oh god not now.

14. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 1.

Can I watch from the shadows too?...

...I'll take the silence as a no...either way, lets try to stay optimistic.

15. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 1.

Who thought this would be a good idea for a science experiment? We're not in the holocaust anymore.

16. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 1.

?YHW ?...noitidnoc namuh eht no tnemirepxe na ...

...rehtona eno redrum dna ,rehto-o hcae tae dna ,rehto hcae ta pans lla su hctaw-w ot gniog er'yehT !su pleh-h ot gniog ton er'yehT ?si gniht tsrow eht tahw wonk uoy-y

TUO SU TEL ESAELP ESAELP ESAELP SU OT GNINEPPAH SIHT SI YHW DOG HO CINAP TON dna ,mlac yats ot deen ew -ot deen ew ,syug yakO

PLEH PLEH EM LLIK OT GNIOG ER'YEHT SU LLIK OT GNIOG ER'YEHT ESAELP TUO SUTEL

tide: esaelp efas efas efas peek ,efas peek ot deen i ,efas peek ot deen ew

17. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 1.

pineapple, Kyra's long posts in reverse.

Oh god "tide".

18. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 1.

You probably have retrograde amnesia. Apparently I have regular amnesia. Wheeeee lynching. Fun stuff, am I right? Sheesh why is everyone freaking out so much over all of this.

19. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 1.

[Vote] Razmos
    Someone with a heart problem is a good candidate for one who would try to escape to save himself instead of planning for the good of all.
    Your excessiveness also doesn't help.

20. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

We are all patients according to the flavour text, so I looked up mental conditions and picked one so I could act like i'm actually in a insane asylum.
    It's no different than the people in the game of thrones one reading the wiki to add some flavours to their characters. I wouldn't read into it.

/* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agoraphobia */