Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [In Progress] Insane Asylum Mafia END MAFIA WINS.

1. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

I feel really limited here. Maybe I'm just exhausted from extra hours at work recently, but I can't seem to get a good grasp on anything going on here to be able to make a very useful post like I normally would be able to at this point. But, I shall try...

Shidoshi's death was very obviously the arsonist. Which leads me to believe that Holypie is probably already dead, just not until tomorrow at some point, unless we successfully lynch the arsonist today. I think it's imperative that we try to determine who the arsonist is, but really I haven't seen any clues to determine who that is. I doubt they are mafia aligned, because that seems like way too much killing power in the mafia's hands. They are most likely a neutral or a vigilante-type player, however I'm heavily leaning towards the former. I'm not sure what their wincon would be...burn everyone? I guess that's a possibility. Considering Shidoshi's death did not include Holypie, even though he was doused, leads me to believe that they can kill either one doused victim a day, or anyone who has been doused for more than one day, something like that, and they can trigger the kill at any point during the day. I'm interested to find out why they waited to kill Shidoshi (unless it can't be done during the night, but that seems weird), but I doubt we'll ever know really.

As for Razmos, I will back off of them. I have a pretty good idea of what ability they have, however I won't reveal my thoughts in that area in hopes of putting less attention on them than they've put on themselves (although, saying this is probably a bad idea in itself, and most likely counter-productive, sorry Razmos).

I'm going to do an ole go-over-the-player-list, in an effort to be more transparent because I know I haven't been as active as I normally would be and would like to be.

• meowmixx - Is pretty inactive. Even before they had their Internet issues they've brought up in the Discussion thread. I'm not going to push this until tomorrow, because it's unfair to do so when they've confirmed they will not be able to participate due to said issues, however I do want to see more activity from them. I always find it fishy when they upvote people but don't say a thing in the game.
    • Razmos - Even though I'm pretty sure I know what power they have, it's a power that can go either way. Right now I'll let it slide but they need to contribute more and be less suspicious overall.
    • Hypermug - Offered to intentionally cause a tie, which is pretty unhelpful to town to confirm a pretty mundane role. Double Voting can be powerful in a tight situation, it's true, but in comparison to the other roles around it's not that big of a deal and the role was pretty much confirmed by the fact that no one came forward to dispute that claim. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are mafia, but it just seemed pretty unnecessary and definitely would have helped the mafia if done.
    • CakesXD - Overly inactive. I haven't really seen anything of value from them, and it's now Day 3. I don't think Kyrastri's vote against them should be considered anything except Kyrastri trying to get heat off of herself. I wouldn't consider them clear just because Kyrastri voted for them, just seemed like the safest vote for her given the situation.
    • Polantaris - I be town, yarr.
    • LuvDWayULie - Everything but confirmed the double voter. Most likely a town ability, but definitely not guaranteed. The tie causing vote on Day 1 could potentially have been an accident, but I still have suspicions that it was an attempt to snap lynch me that failed. The fact that I brought this thought up on Day 2 and it was ignored by Luv (that I remember) doesn't help my suspicion towards this.
    • Holypie - Probably dead, unless we get the arsonist. Seems pretty helpful to town. This is one person I'm fairly confident is town, which is a shame considering their situation.
    • MasPan - During Day 2, I got the feeling that they might have not really been paying attention to much. They pointed out that they've been working on essays, so I can certainly understand their situation. Out of everyone, I somehow get the vibe that they may be out for themselves more than anyone else. I don't really know why, and I can't really support that claim too much, but I definitely am wary of them.
    • ChaoticCJ - Seems to be playing as they normally do. When they show up, they post some useful information, then pop away for a bit. Brought up the majority of the arsonist claim first, and ended up being mostly right. I wouldn't be surprised if they were town.

Unfortunately, I can't really see who would be the arsonist at this point. MasPan is the most likely neutral, but they were also distracted by real life issues so I'm not even remotely confident that they are. I can't, in all fairness, vote on someone over real life issues considering the last two weeks I myself have been working extra hours and am exhausted as well, so I certainly understand their dilemma in regards to the game. I'm going to have to think on everything a little more. I'll probably spend some time tomorrow morning reviewing the thread and try to find inaccuracies/problems.

2. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

Oh wow, are there really only nine of us left? Yeesh. Figure 2 more mafians and the arsonist...

As of right now I'm leaning towards 2 of the 3 following being mafians:
    Meowmixx, CakesXD, and Razmos
    Fairly confident who the roleblocker is, though their targeting of Shidoshi bothers me a bit.

I'm also a bit disturbed by the timing of Shidoshi's death - it happened within minutes of my post, so close that MetaSeraphim had to have been typing it at the same time. I don't like the way that looks...

3. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

Yeah I'm leaning towards option 3, he was on the verge of being lynched and it's a fairly common knee jerk new player reaction to just say like, don't lynch me I'm helpful. Also, I got strong smelling liquid poured on me while I was sleeping, but that's not splashing so it might be something different. I know for sure that I couldn't have killed VerrKol though. It kind of sucks to know that I'm a dead man walking.

Even with your real life busyness, Mas, I still think you're being pretty shady. You're dumping suspicion on Razmos and I'm pretty sure you're the one who started the wagon (can't check, on mobile), since he would be an easy target based on the first day. Whether you're mafia or neutral, I think you're bad news. [Vote] MasPan

4. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

I'm not dumping suspicion on Razmos, I'm pulling back from it. If I wholesale said "I no longer suspect Razmos" I'd be torn apart for suddenly changing my mind, so I was trying to voice as many of my doubts as possible. I started the wagon on Razmos because of his really crappy reasoning for trying to start a lynch and kept pushing it because of his reactions. I honestly didn't know he was a knew player to mafia until someone pointed that out in his defense.

Did you not even notice that unlike the previous days, I haven't even voted yet?

5. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

Pulling back from it by saying that he's a potential mafioso? And yes I have noticed, because I'm pretty sure that mine was the first vote. We no longer have Shidoshi with us to get things rolling, I thought that I might give it a shot.

6. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

I listed him in an attempt to confuse the issue in terms of mafia targeting. What I was trying to avoid saying directly is that I'm 75% certain Razmos is a town-aligned roleblocker. In other words, at this time, I believe that either Cakes or Meow is mafia. Of the two, Meow has been acting far more...weird. Cakes is being his rather typical mostly-quiet self.

[Vote] @meowmixx;

7. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

I've already asked how do you want me to prove in like Day 2, Polantaris.

For a kazillionth time, it was an accident in Day 1. I didn't read the rules properly (I guess nearly everyone didn't), and I wanted someone different than Ramzos as I thought Ramzos would not be a mafioso.

Please show me what you brought up in Day 2. I might have missed it and as I said in the previous Day, I wasn't reading things ENTIRELY.

8. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

I dislike the negative emphasis you placed on my offer to tie, but I understand now that's just part of the game.

To add a small tidbit to your list, Cakes has claimed to have no power.

I also went back and re-read ChaoticCJ's post. I agree he is playing per usual (I know, I don't have that much experience :p), but I disagree with you saying he was "mostly right" in his claims. He claimed it was Verrkol at first who was the arsonist, who we know now is not. Secondly, he ended up being incorrect about Razmos' ability causing him to get doused too (we all were, due to Razmos admitting he was adding flavour). I think overall he has been extremely helpful, but due to what I just mentioned, I feel he should not be completely labeled safe. We still don't know his role (if he has one) yet as well. Are my timelines right here? D:

As for myself, I agree with MasPan's group of most suspicious players, minus Razmos. Both Meow and Cakes have been acting incredibly weird. I have a feeling that Cakes is trying to lay low and claim he has no ability, so I'm going to go with him.

[vote] @CakesXD
    Last edited by Hypermug; 2014-09-30 at 06:58 PM.

9. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

[Vote] CakesXD
    Kyra might have bussed Cakes in Day 2. And as far as I remembered, Cakes didn't post much in Days 1 and 2 as well. I'm agreeing with HyperMug in this. Also in the list of my suspicions are MasPan, Holypie and Polantaris. The first two are suspects because one pushes one another, and I don't know who to believe (allhough Mas is not voting for Holypie, he still does look fishy to me). Polantaris, until now, has not been as argumentative as compared to previous games (Shizz, metagaming), and it is a part of my gut feeling as well.

I guess you can always try to make it a tie (2 people to 2 people) and see if anyone gets lynched. If someone does, it means that I'm right. If someone doesn't die, it means that I'm lying and you can always kill me the next day.

And @MasPan;, isn't it really unfair to vote for meow when she can't really defend herself as her internet connection broke down? I'm judging you in this, really.

10. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

I'm a dead man walking, subtlety be damned. Kill MasPan today, or you're going to be killing him tomorrow after I die. It wasn't Shidoshi who started the Kyrastri lynch vote, by the way. Stupid arsonist, I was doing so well.

11. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

I agree with Hypermug, after lowering the number of possible suspects to 6 people, out of those I think Cakes is the most suspicious. He hardly speaks other than a few choice words now and then, and definitely seems to be laying low. I believe that as of yet he has not really contributed much, and most probably will not contribute much more with his manner of speaking.

​[vote] CakesXD

12. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

Seriously guys? He just got a job! You're after someone with internet problems and a new job, BOTH for inactivity, over a legitimate lynch. I'm done with the town, I just hope that tomorrow after lynching Mas you'll be able to survive the arsonist and the rest of the mafia.

13. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

I didn't know Cakes just got a job :/

I knew Meow was having Internet problems. I'll remove my vote from him then when I get the chance.

14. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

I didn't realize that either. I'll keep my vote for now because I still find the way he talks to be suspicious at the very least, but i'll be willing to change it if something else were to come up.

(obviously real life is more important but we can't keep holding off on voting for people, especially now that the numbers are dwindling. Otherwise a potential mafia member can get a free ride all the way to the end)

15. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

Meh, I've been finding his behavior odd as well, but every time in the past I voted for someone who was inactive, they ended up being town. And now that I think about it, I don't think it would make sense for the mafia to have two people with no roles.

16. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

I forgot about that, sorry :(

So, people, please don't vote for inactive people with valid reasons :(

[Vote] MasPan

I trust Holypie in this, and I do hope it's true.

17. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

Yeah, I don't mean to specifically say that you're mafia, but I took that particular tidbit far more negatively than positively. That's just how it goes, I suppose.

As for the stuff about CJ, you're right. I apologize; like I said, I've been more than a little distracted so I missed some details. I don't consider him town for sure, either, but who knows. He's not on my top suspicious list, that's certain, but I've also been wrong before so take it with a grain of salt.

I mentioned it in this post. Look, I'm not specifically against you. Like I said earlier, I would vote for you if I thought it were more than likely that you did it intentionally. I just don't have enough details, and I like to make sure that this kind of suspicion is voiced, because it's important, and if it ends up being very important later on I don't want it to feel like it came out of no where. You may not be able to sway me into believing without a doubt that you didn't, but that's just how I am.

I'm not as "argumentative" because there's not that much to argue, to be honest. This game has been...idle, if that makes any sense. Day 1 was 99.9% flavor. Day 2 was basically "Razmos is deterring the conversation" vs "Kyra is too fluff this game." There's not really much to argue there. Very few game details have been revealed before today; Day 2 was basically an extended Day 1.

And, as I mentioned with Hypermug in my earlier post, forcing a tie this late in the game is bad, bad, bad. We can't afford to give the mafia any more time to murder, and the arsonist more time to play around with fire. Intentionally holding off what is probably town's only weapon against both of those factions is a HORRIBLE idea, especially without a doctor. We got lucky on Day 1, but there's almost no chance we will get that lucky again, unless there's a backup doctor and I doubt that.

Am I correct in assuming you're the cop? I suspected since early Day 2, to be honest, but I didn't want to say anything (for obvious reasons). That very analytical post just hit the cop nerve in my head.
    [Vote] MasPan

18. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

Sorry... school... work... tired...

Vanilla... Townie... not... exciting...

Holypie... Polantaris... trust...

​[Vote] MasPan

19. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

The theories I had put forth were under the assumption that everyone was telling the truth, I made that pretty clear. I had agreed with Shidoshi, that at the time, we didn't have enough information about the liquid or why there had been two targets. This was part of my hesitation to outright vote for him (VerrKol.) I do wish that Razmos had come clean, but I do understand his reasons and I guess it doesn’t matter at this point. As to your second point, VerrKol didn't outright say who he targeted on night 1, and we still don't completely know Razmos' ability, so we still don’t know if I was correct or not about his ability causing him to get wet. I do understand your hesitation to trust me, but even I agree that you should not label me (or anyone) as completely safe. I do hope you and others trust me a bit though.

As to the events that happened today, I had worked up a theory that MasPan’s pill may have been the cause of Shidoshi’s death, since he did die at snack time when we were taking our pills. Regardless, if Holypie is right, we have had a really good start getting rid of two threats in a row.

[Vote] MasPan

20. Default Re: Insane Asylum Mafia Day 3.

Not really, considering she can still come back and reply later on.