View Poll Results: What's a good date to hold the tournament?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • October 6th

1 5.56%
  • October 8th

0 0%
  • October 10th

13 72.22%
  • October 13th

4 22.22%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Sign Up] Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

1. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

1) As long as it's on a weekend, sure.
    2) Reason I say weekend is because that's when I will most likely be available all day. Otherwise, I'm only available after 6 PM EDT.
    3) That I do.
    4) Bragging rights. I know this isn't helping but I honestly have no clue. Possibly an eShop card as a grand prize?

2. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

1) Yes.
    2) Whenever's fine.
    3) Nope.
    4) No idea, sorry.

3. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

1) Yes
    2) Anytime after 4PM EDT works for me really on the 10th.
    3) Yes
    4) I'm just doing this for fun, I don't really care about prizes.

4. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

1. Sure
    2. Anytime after 6 pm Friday, anytime during the weekend
    3. Yep
    4. Nintendo point cards!

5. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

Might have to back out of this because of how my smash is bugged :/ Apparently it's the patch 1.0.2 that breaks my game so guess means no online for me =/

6. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

1. Absolutely, as long as the matches don't take too long or start too late
    2. Anything from 6am EDT to 10:45am EDT, and then again from 1:30pm EDT to like 10pm EDT. Anything later than 6pm and I'll probably be drunk but screw it
    3. Yup, you have me added already, so go ahead
    4. I don't think prizes are necessary, but if you insist, maybe Southperry market points? Or an eShop card?

7. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

1) Yep.
    2) Around 6-7 EDT would be best on Friday.
    3) Yes.
    4) Don't care, anything's fine

8. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

1. Yep
    2. Anytime past 3PM
    3. Yeah, more on that further.
    4. Prizes are for winners.

Alright those of you who are interested in the Skype idea, I've created one for discussion and questions for use preceding and during the tournament. I already have all the EllinForest guys in here, but I obviously don't know all you SouthPerry folk so you'l have to join yourselves.

Here's the URI, just paste and send it to any skype individual, and click it. It should throw you right in. Or just ask Danny for an invite.

skype:?chat&blob=LpuCaA3Gsqdd7cTKOCTHU02mj6KrvA5zk YgfRqRDyFUC7-osGpGLsgs4sr5plFTx7qwnzOolQjws5EzSfQS26zoPVw
    Last edited by Ouchiess; 2014-10-06 at 12:27 PM.

9. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    Nebraska

Y'know, I'm dumb and realized this is going to be on a Friday.

So yeah I'll be fine after 6 PM on that day, and I'll be on all night an all weekend after that.

10. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

Derp, I'm late. Didn't think I was going to be able to get it.

Anyways, good luck to all! : D

11. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

You could still sign up really. Tournament doesn't start until the 10th.

For those with Skype, could you PM me your name so you could be added to the group?

12. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

6PM EDT isn't great a time for me, at least not to start, being 11pm UK time.

I like the idea of squeezing it into a weekend
    If it's friday, I could realistically do 2PM-7PM EDT after I get back from work.
    Saturday I could manage all day, though I have plans in the evening for ~3 hours, so probably 2AM-1PM then 4PM- 7PM I could smash,maybe a little later depending on how long I get back.
    Sunday 2AM-7PM is feasibly doable.

As for stages, I think magicant should certainly be banned. The AI helpers are just unfair in 1v1. Corneria and brinstar were banned in melee, probably for good reasons. Boxing ring as a walk off with the potentially bs stage lights is probably a no-no too.

I actually think the tomodachi life stage should be allowed. It seems fair with no stupid boss shenanigans. It was also allowed in a recent official nintendo tournament ( for reference, they allowed Arena Ferox, Battlefield, Final Destination, Tomodachi Life, Yoshi’s Island).

Reset bomb forest and tortimers island do have damaging items, but they're pretty light weight, and i think workable around.

eShop codes do seem like the best idea for prize, but it's important to remember they're region locked (and value locked, while the money codes are more than you suggested for prizes initially, at least in the uk, even for the smallest denom vs suggested first place value.)

13. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

So I thought about this a little more today and ended up deciding that rather than have it all in one day, it'll be split up during the weekend. Essentially the tournament will span 3 days, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This is because there really is no 'perfect' time to accommodate everyone but it seems a vast majority seem open at around 6 PM EDT at Friday. The goal will be to do the discussion on Skype (or through PMs if you don't have it).

The starting time will be Friday at 6 PM EDT. If you can't make it, don't worry. You have until Saturday to finish your round. If the tournament is held up due to the lack of the round, then the person holding it up will receive a loss. Please remember that this is a double elimination tournament so you have to lose twice to be fully removed from the tournament. I really want every day to advance the tournament a considerable amount so please try to make it. I figure the Skype group for the chat will allow for easier organisation of your rounds. So if you have a Skype and you're not added to the group yet then please PM me or click here (Skype chat URI).

As for prizes, I haven't decided yet. It'll be a mystery until the end I suppose.

14. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

That sounds like the best way to do it. I can be around for 2 hours after the start before I have to leave for work, so I can definitely get my first fight or two out of the way before I need to go. And that's around when most people are home before bed, so it should be good.

Just as an FYI, I added everyone in the thread to my Friend's List on my 3DS. I'll be happy to play whenever if anyone wants to, and I'm around.

15. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

Added everyone in the challonge bracket. I'll probably immediately lose, so it won't matter too much, but I've got 8 people who haven't also added my friend code.

edit: also had a quick look at online with friends options, unless I'm missing something, I can't see a way to have custom moves active but custom equips not.
    Are we allowing those or just taking everyones word that they won't be used (which should be ok)

16. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

I'd say to just allow customs and take everyone's word on not having equips on. Just sucks that in friends lobbies you can't see the other players' icons to see if their graph shows any stat changes.

17. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

I added everyone in the thread as well.

Aeryn Sun
    3110-5845-4462

18. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

I need all 3 of your Skype. PM me. Oh and @Netto; too.

As for 'Custom Equips', when you have them on it shows you with a coloured outline and it looks like you have a power-up from what I've seen.

Also I've dropped @babo; and @ChosenFruit; since you guys said you can't make it.

19. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    Nebraska

So, I can't tell, is equipment allowed?

20. Default Re: Smash 3DS Tournament Sign-Up

No.