Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

Are they finally done releasing new jobs? I pray that they are... I want my quality content!

2. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

Not only him... the Resistance will finally avenge the dead people!

There is a little BIG problem: He might be the Disc 1 Final Boss... so he might meant to a real True Final Boss....

And I wonder if Orca finally will switch sides.

3. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

Well that comic described the backstory that Lotus was the one that killed Aria so Phantom sought him out and mortally wounded his body. During the Phantom story quests you track down his body in the stasis tube and his spirit possesses Phantom to try and kill Cygnus. Then Aria's spirit turns up and releases Phantom from his possession. Then she tells him to give up his quest for revenge.

4. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

And that animosity is because of the Black Wings anyway.

5. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

Whoa, I don't remember that part. Is that after Phantom joins Cygnus and the Alliance?

6. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

It's the quest right before that, at level 73 I think.

7. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

This is what I have been wondering with MS2 coming out, and suddenly we're facing the black mage...

8. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

Ms2 is a prequel

9. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

Bruh, if you think that just because it's a prequel saves Maplestory from backtracking and suddenly being like "WAIT WE FORGOT ABOUT SOMETHING" you have a whole storm brewing... They can still mingle years later down the line with antagonist.

There's already a few shady questions that are either clear as day retcons (such as having an empress after Aria but before Cygnus). Now this can either be justified with one of two options:
    A. Two different dev teams started off with entirely different ideas and paid no respect to the actual storyline STRAIGHT FROM THE GET GO.
    or
    B. Something happened that suddenly made Mapleworld forget all this pomegranate happened.

Now if we continue with option B, this doesn't exactly mean that whatever we face in MS2 is "defeated". it could be sealed like the black mage was, or it could even get a successor that's using similar powers.

Being a prequel =/= Inaccessible resources.

10. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

If you don't expect a lot of inconsistencies you're going to have a bad time.

11. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

>Expecting inconsistencies.

>Not already laughing to tears at the ones we have and anticipating even more.

You really don't know who I am, do you.

The fact still stands that ISN'T currently inconsistent is that Mapleworld's history is EASILY ALTERED. (Phantom's storyline and Eun/Shade's storyline are great examples of this.)

When the Cygnus knights first came out, Neinheart even stated that The Black Mage was all but forgotten on Mapleworld to but a few people... Now the plot line has advanced to where everyone knows the story, but the fact still stands that if one big bad can make himself an unperson, so can another,

12. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

I was adding to your point, not challenging it because that's exactly what it is

13. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

Ha! Trust me, buddy... All the retcons we're getting straight from the get go will be NOTHING compared to what we're going to get like... 3-5 years down the line. Prequel MMO's can only fill their timeline cup so far before they try to start making the cup bigger. (Miserably)

I am so ready for this.....

14. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

I think it's the quest chain that leads to Phantom getting the Alliance badge + passive, actually.

15. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

To be honest I know of about 40-50 first generation berans/scanians waiting for this game. I'll probably participate myself, I'm not entirely sure yet, it depends if my original group decides too. But my standards are going to be very low. Also, hopefully we'll see blade and soul out, which will probably preoccupy all my time

Edit: Ms2 I mean

16. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

Being a huge fan of the Black Mage's storyline, I'm very excited about this update. It looks very promising.

I hope that it resolves many inconsistencies or at least doesn't add more to the list.

Something tells me we won't be fighting Black Mage directly, though. Maybe not yet.

17. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

It's going to take 5th Jobs and a full party of people that spent thousands of dollars on Empress Cygnus, who will be the next new overpowered class to rule them all, in order to bring down the Black Mage.

.....Or have they been distancing themselves from that model? How hard is Dorothy compared to Hard Magnus and Chaos Vellum? I haven't been paying attention

18. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

She's pretty much impossible. Lol.

19. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

She is beyond the SNK Boss tier...

20. Default Re: [KMS] The Final (First?) Battle with the Black Mage

Even a lot of the best players can't even make it to her, much less win.