Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default Re: Looks like we have a hint at the next patch.

Blaze Wizard will give me a good reason to login now.

2. Default Re: Looks like we have a hint at the next patch.

Indeed. However, as said on the forums, we only do one "Highlight Post" per update. Here, we have obligations due to the SAO cross-over to focus on that. I do hope you guys are enjoying the teasers, though!

Lookout for more information next week. ;)

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Looks like we have a hint at the next patch.

Forgive me, but that makes no sense.
    If you only focus on SAO, then the only people drawn to Maple for this update will be those who are already SAO fans. What's SAO's gain from that?
    On the other hand, if you advertise other content too, you get people to join Maple, or return to it, who just want the Blaze Wizard, or whatever else is in store. And then they will see the SAO events in the game, and maybe become drawn to the show.

4. Default Re: Looks like we have a hint at the next patch.

I'm half-guessing that he didn't decide that? Maybe/maybe not. (Wow I guessed his answer in my previous post!)

Either ways, better start swimming in the deep end of the pool.

Hadriel

5. Orbital Bee Cannon

Oh, I'm sure he doesn't decide that.
    But part of his job is to take our feedback and report it to those who do decide. Or who are allowed to talk directly to Those Who Decide.

6. Default Re: Looks like we have a hint at the next patch.

This is a stretch, but perhaps there are contractual issues involved? Something like "you can use SAO themed material but only if you strongly focus on SAO during the update".

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

I understood that. But what I am trying to say is that it makes no sense for SAO to put that in the contract. It doesn't gain them any followers.

8. Default Re: Looks like we have a hint at the next patch.

And the red haired blazing girl saved the day!
    I am considering to make a BW now.

9. Default Re: Looks like we have a hint at the next patch.

SAO wouldn't put something like that in the contract. SAO may gain something (e.g. some amount of increase in its fan-base) from this tie-up, but I don't think SAO needs to do anything at all in this tie-up. Making demands isn't strategic for SAO at all.

Instead, Nexon wouldn't want to dilute the impact of something that 1) the community chose and 2) Nexon think is some kind of big promising project that would attract lots of people, using other planned upcoming updates. As big as the BW and/or NW update is, it's more internal and kind of "expected", whereas this SAO thing would be something new and refreshing. Unfortunately, it doesn't look anywhere close to a marketable product that can give the success they're expecting. Maybe the $$$ numbers would prove me/us wrong and them right, but the way people spend money in Maple... it's very distorted.

Basically, I'm not impressed either. There's so little additional playing value or satisfaction derived from playing this new thing if it's just for those medals... it's so clear to us that it's out for us to spend NX. RLH becomes a grind eventually, for us spend money to level up or get the totems. Just... stop using old formulae and do new stuff, like radically new.

Hadriel

10. Default Re: Looks like we have a hint at the next patch.

Since this already went on in MAbinogi, anyone knows how was it advertised in that game? was it only SAO in their update and if it wasn't was SAO the only thing advertised?

...Does it even matter? Artasi just got here and we are already giving her a hard time. Maybe we should forget it.

11. Default Re: Looks like we have a hint at the next patch.

Mabinogi had several other events that involved SAO. They had a giveaway hot time for a yui familiar pet thing but it was a random 5-30 day thing(caused a huge pomegranatestorm of complaints). Of course they had a lot of gach stuff for costume etc.
    To answer the question. Yes, however they had much more stuffs.
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/all/3...online-is-here

12. Default Re: Looks like we have a hint at the next patch.

Maybe as part of the terms and conditions Nexon are obligated to highlight SOA. Nexon are paying SOA for this event so surely it makes sense to highlight it before anything else.

Either way according to Artarsi the BW revamp for next patch has been in the works for awhile therefore we should see all the other stuff KMS got with the BW revamp right? If its just the BW revamp however then I guess highlighting SOA is more ideal.