Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: RIP future generations

That's who plays her in the show? That's a terrible likeness, in the books it constantly goes on about how her arms are so skinny and she's scrawny as hell, whoever that is wouldn't fit that in the least.

Then again, didn't they also increase the ages on most of the cast so they could legally give them sex scenes? That might explain it I guess.

2. Default Re: RIP future generations

It is.

Square Enix has since changed the IP name to Dragon Quest. The original Dragon Quest releases in America could not be named Dragon Quest due to a licensing issue with a pen-and-paper RPG called "DragonQuest" When Dragon Quest 8 was being released for the PS2, that issue no longer existed and they switched the name back over. All titles, including remakes, re-releases, and ports, released after DQ8 all have the Dragon Quest IP name and Dragon Warrior has been abandoned. The last game to use the name Dragon Warrior, in my memory, is Dragon Warrior 7 for the PS1.

So, to be fair, none of those kids would have known what Dragon Warrior was unless they specifically played an old game, which I doubt they would have or they likely wouldn't have been chosen for the video. It's possible they have played Dragon Quest, since there's the DS releases and recent mobile releases, but they wouldn't have connected the dots.

To be fair, she was chosen for the role 5ish years ago, and she grew up. Changing the actor would be a disaster, so they just roll with it. What else do you really expect them to do?

3. Default Re: RIP future generations

Not try to do an adaptation of a book series that has so many things they aren't allowed to do in the first place. When 50% of the content is unairable unless you greatly edit it, they should feel an invisible hand on their shoulder telling them this probably isn't the best idea. Sure it's selling well, but it would have been much better if they'd simply made it a spiritual adaptation instead with a completely different cast/title, it's just not the same series at a fundamental level, it emphasizes completely different things (mainly, the sex scenes, which aren't all that indepth in the books except in a couple instances like Jon in the cave) while leaving a ton of content completely on the backburner.

4. Default Re: RIP future generations

Expecting a video adaptation of any originally written material to be identical is setting your expectations way too high, especially multi-volume books.

5. Default Re: RIP future generations

Identical? That's not even in the same scope as what I'm talking about, I would be perfectly fine with 70-80% similarity, and I think the LotR movies were great so fantasy novels can be done correctly even if they aren't the exact, but this isn't even close. Half the scheming that goes on in this series is in internal monologue, and you can't portray that in a movie or TV series, at least not well, even if that was the only problem this had it would still be barely salvageable, but, compounded with all the other problems/cut scenes/complete changes in character story/age/location/etc, it just isn't a very good thing to try and sell as the same series as the books. It's not a BAD series, it's just not ASoIaF, the feeling is entirely different. You can capture some aspects better on screen, but for a series like this, it just completely throws off the message of the books; I'd be willing to guess that a lot of people have picked up the books after watching this and hated them, which, I don't blame them for, they would have been expecting something entirely different, the books sometimes spend entire chapters just describing the scenery or people with no overt plot advancement whatsoever, and that kind of thing is not for everyone. Hell, there are multiple chapters in a row where the person is just staring out over an encampment/fortress/the sea/a library or some books/a cabin door and thinking about pomegranate, nothing else.

6. Default Re: RIP future generations

dragon warrior was later renamed into dragon quest

7. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: RIP future generations

I consider Game of Thrones and the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series to be two separate entities and I tend to not compare them that much. Actually, the reason why I started reading the books is to see the differences between the two.