IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

It's coming! A release date has finally been announced: November 4th! and you can pre-purchase the game now on Steam. If you pre-purchase the game with The Binding of Isaac already in your Steam library you get 33% off.

The game itself is a complete reworking of the original The Binding of Isaac, including its expansion, The Wrath of the Lamb, as well as brand new content which is more new content than the original and Wrath of the Lamb combined. tons of new items, new features, new rooms, bigger dungeons, new characters and so on!

Notably there is also a local co-op mode and the ability to save the game at any time during your run.

I can't post the trailer because it has nudity in it, but here is some gameplay:

Gameplay starts at 6:08

2. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Finally! I'm not a huge fan of the new art style but at least it'll run better than flash.

3. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Also reminder. The Playstation 4/vita versions will be given away for free on playstation plus at/around launch.

Will be incredibly surprised if nicalis manages a same day europe/america release. They normally leave a year long+ delay for europe.

4. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 210
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

The way how multiplayer works and the bigger rooms are pretty sweet. I wouldn't want to use the analog stick to navigate though but that's just me. :s

5. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

This game looks so pineappleing amazing. After quitting the flash version due to bugs, I'm looking forward to this so much it's ridiculous.

6. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Mouse + WASD still beats any other way to control Isaac. It's much more intuitive to shoot.

This looks great, I've already pre-ordered mine.

7. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

I dunno, this is a game that just begs for dual stick controls. The keyboard as a tool for gaming is pretty crap for anything even vaguely action based anyway (note I said keyboard, not mouse, before anyone jumps on me for that).

8. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

I've been waiting so long for this! I have 440 hours logged on the original version but lately I've been neglecting it altogether, sadly.

9. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

The Flash version, at least, could only shoot in 4 directions correct? I don't think mouse actually provided any gameplay benefits beyond what you would enjoy the most.

I personally perfer WASD and the Arrow Keys. Less Carpal Tunnel.

10. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Putting the mouse on top of the enemy I'm attempting to shoot and then just dodging things with WASD seemed easier than trying to coordinate the direction I'm supposed to be shooting with the hectic movement.

11. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

You can apply a filter to make the game less pixelly and more like the original:

Before

After

You unlock filters by inputting codes you find in the game. (and probably other stuff, not just filters, i'm assuming so anyway)

12. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

I hope they have some really cool filters that you can unlock. It seems wasted if the only thing they add is a smoothing filter. Kind of like Serious Sam's blood filters. Hippie forever best blood filter (it turns all blood into flowers and all body chunks into stuffed bears, carrots, and other stuff like that, it's hilarious).

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Yep, unlockable filters are a thing:

14. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Info was also dished on 2 new playable characters, /* Eden and Lazarus. */

/* Eden has completely randomised stats and appearance and starts with 2 random power-ups. You have to unlock "Eden Points" to play as Eden, which you get by beating bosses. It's done that way so you cant just keep recreating the character until you get something good */

/* Lazarus is apparently tanky like Maggy */

15. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Monstro's Lung + Epecac(or those unknowns) = 5 second flat self destruction.

16. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Even in the video he can't seem to shoot all that napalm without hitting himself.

17. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Bumping this to remind people to pre-purchase the game before the 4th of November for the discount if you have the original game. The discount ends once the game is released!

If you don't have the original but are interested in Rebirth, the original is currently on sale in the Steam Halloween Sale for like, a dollar, or less. If you buy the original in the sale you will end up saving money on Rebirth due to the discount.

I'm really excited! been waiting for Rebirth for a while, can't believe it's being released next week.

18. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Finally the release day approaches.

19. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

I'm happy that PS+ members get the game for free.

20. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Do you think you'll do any videos of Rebirth? might be fun, especially with the local co-op