Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

I thought runs using seeds didn't count for items?

And am I crazy, or is mom's heart much more like a bullet hell game? I seriously don't remember her firing so many shots on the flash game.

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

It doesn't. All the items I picked up during that run didn't show up in my stats.

and yeah, Mom's Heart has a new attack pattern.

3. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

Infamy is such a good item. Mom's Heart? Can't hurt you. Satan? His 2nd form can't do anything if you stand at the side. I haven't got up to Issac and ??? yet but I doubt they can do much either since they were already bullet hell other than the flies ??? would randomly spawn and the Crack the Sky effect when they were at low HP.

4. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

My first heart takedown was with the Guppy costume thingy, spewing flies like crazy and controlling a super powerful Ludovico tear. I was at a point where nothing even came close to touching me.

5. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Oh, meh, I guess that makes sense.

Just had my first encounter with the Dark Room. The boss (Mega Satan? The Lamb) isn't all that difficult but all the rooms before it knocked me down to 2 red hearts so I ended up dying when he was down to about 25% HP, unfortunately. I would say normal Satan is much more difficult. Also had my first experience as Guppy earlier. Having no cap on flies between rooms is incredible.

Cleared the Dark Room my second time around with an easy-mode build of Ipecac + Spirit of the Night + Dark Bum on a tanky Maggy.

Spoiler
    Last edited by Green4Ever; 2014-11-06 at 07:41 PM.

6. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Yep it's awesome. You know the item pool is empty when all you get is Breakfast. Apparently that's the "there's nothing left!" item.
    Can't get achievements during Challenges (except the clear achievement) nor Seed Set runs.
    Mom's Heart used to be extremely pathetic. I can understand why it was buffed.
    Guppy OP. You just need to get 3 Guppy items throughout the run. Use items count too, even if you don't hold on to them. I buy them even if I'm not going to use them in anticipation of getting 3, unless I seriously need hearts. If you get Guppy the run is pretty much won. Guppy gives Attack Flies on Hit, On Kill, and On Taking Damage, as well as Flying. It's OP as fu'ck.

7. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Ipecac is so fun to play with now that things actually work with it. I just had a run where I had Ipecac, Fire Mind (flaming tears, which also have a chance to leave flames on the ground), Mom's Eyeshadow (charm tears), and Double Shot and it was easily my most enjoyable runs so far, although not quite the strongest.

There was also a minor patch earlier today. I noticed they nerfed the Dark Bum in said patch, which was pretty expected to be honest. I haven't noticed any other nerfs aside from that yet though.

8. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Dark Bum getting nerfed doesn't really surprise me. It was basically: Pay 1 Heart for Immortality.

9. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I was actually hoping Dark Bum would be nerfed. It was simply too good and was basically an insta-win once you got it

10. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Even with the nerf it's still a pretty heavy carry. All they did was bump it up to 1.5 red hearts per soul heart.
    Last edited by Green4Ever; 2014-11-08 at 02:05 PM.

11. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

At least they changed it so now you can't have more hearts than what fits on screen, if it were the older version it would be stupid powerful.

12. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

I just got this game! I played the original a little and found it quite fun. Judging by this topic and a lot of stuff I've seen this is a lot better?

Hopefully I can actually use a gamepad now.

13. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Oh it definitely is, however, I would say you won't get the full feeling of how much better it really is unless you've played through enough of the original to unlock Platinum God, or at least close to it. They more than doubled the steam achievements between games so that should give you an idea of how much more there is to do in Rebirth. Not to mention it isn't coded in craptastic Flash, which is a huge plus in and of itself...

14. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

pineapple spiders of all kinds.
    The tiny ones that move annoyingly fast and rush at you in sudden bursts
    the big ones that do the exact same thing but then split into 2 more of the little pineappleers
    the tall ones that spawn out little ones that take forever to kill
    the jumping ones
    the pineappleing bomb ones
    and especially the ones that climb on the pineappleing walls, AND ESPECIALLY the ones that fire brimstone beams.

Love the game, but that entire enemy type just annoys me to no end.
    Getting the Cellar instead of the basement is like torture.

15. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

The worst part of the Cellar for me is The Haunt. I can never do that stupid boss without taking damage; it's impossible.

16. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Wall spiders other than the straight shooting ones feel really cheap. I'm always grateful to have the coin box use item to kill them all as I enter the rooms.

17. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

So this just happened... (large image because I was playing in full screen)
    Spoiler

Got Loki's Horns + Book of Shadows (Library) + Gimpy (Cursed Room) on the first floor, Mom's Knife from a Devil Deal on the second, then finished out Guppy by the time I got down to Utero 1. Anything that tried to walk into me was killed instantly. With Book of Shadows I was able to just hug the bosses and they'd be dead in less than 2-3 seconds. 'Twas quite a fun run, to say the least.
    Also unlocked the Polaroid on this run. I was focusing on the Lamb unlocks before so I'd never really bothered to go up to the Cathedral much.

18. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

So today I saw online the unlock requirements for /* The Lost, the secret playable character who can't use hearts of any kind and dies in one hit */

I will never manage it. And even if I did, that kind of run would be far, far too challenging for me.

19. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

So many people on Twitch were/are going for the unlocks related to that character. I tuned into one of the streams for about an hour last night and I'm pretty sure the guy was on the verge of going insane.

20. Default Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

That character just sounds plain impossible. I doubt many people will be getting Platinum God this time around if he's required to do all 7 unlocks in Hard Mode.

Also, got another interesting seed for everyone: COCK FGHT