1. Default Is this game difficult to get into as a beginner?

I've been meaning to come back to this game after playing it a year ago... all I remember is learning to last-hit minions in laning phase, stay the hell away from towers, and stay the hell away from bushes. How does someone who knows very little about the game get into it without pissing off their entire team when they join a game?

2. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Is this game difficult to get into as a beginner?

If people are getting mad at you pre-lvl30 in normals, just insta mute them. LoL is actually quite fun to play at all skill levels, but you have to be thick skinned to take the complaints or just play with friends.

3. Default Re: Is this game difficult to get into as a beginner?

It's both hard to get into and easy to get into.
    It's hard to get into if you're trying to take the game very seriously, but easy to get into if you're just playing to play a game.

It's just a matter of how serious/invested you are in the game.

If you're worried about people getting pissed, people are going to get pissed no matter what. It's the internet. Youtube comments, reddit, tumblr, LoL, they're all the same. No matter what you do people will be pissed. Personally I don't mute anyone, but if you want to avoid angry people, muting them is probably your best option.

If you seriously want to get into the game, watch a few streamers on twitch. Usually the popular ones will talk about basics every once in a while. Otherwise just play the game and learn from your mistakes.

4. Default Re: Is this game difficult to get into as a beginner?

It's more fun to play with a friend.

On my first go around to level 30 I actually played almost every game with 4 of my friends. We had a blast and I got to bypass the level 1-20ish levels that are filled with ragers and smurfs.

5. Default Re: Is this game difficult to get into as a beginner?

Depends how well you handle criticism, because it's inevitable that someone is going to trash talk and rage. At the end of the day, you are probably never going to see your team again after that game anyway.

In exact contrast to Zelkova, I played almost every game solo queue leveling to 30.

This game is only difficult if you don't take the effort to ask around/spectate/watch streams. It gets a lot easier (information-wise) over time.

Just ask. I sincerely doubt any veteran of this game will refuse to help a newcomer.

6. Default Re: Is this game difficult to get into as a beginner?

blank
    Last edited by kayeyearekay; 2014-09-05 at 11:09 PM.

7. Default Re: Is this game difficult to get into as a beginner?

LoL thread.
    Last edited by CakesXD; 2014-09-06 at 12:57 AM. Reason: there was nothing here e_e

8. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Is this game difficult to get into as a beginner?

@kayeyearekay; I think you're in the wrong place bro

9. Default Re: Is this game difficult to get into as a beginner?

oh ew. it didnt say LoL in the title...
    @CakesXD; mind erasing that quote? thanks..

10. Default Re: Is this game difficult to get into as a beginner?

LoL is an easy game to get into, but a hard game to master.

There's many things you'll learn to getting even half decent at the game, such as playing without locked screen, smart casting, attack moving, etc. It's fun to play at all skills levels, fun to progress, and fun to witness your progression. Learning a new technique is always a blast, too.

When I first started playing this game, my friends kept killing me so I quit. I was like screw this. Then they bribed me to play again, and I loved it. There's something magical about playing the game when you're new. Saving up to buy a new champion and figure out how they work; mastering them, or quitting them after they're nerfed, only to realize they're still good/fun and to pick them up again.

There's ALWAYS something to learn, no two games are alike, there's always a chance, and there's so many different playstyles that there's bound to be one that suits you.

It's easy to play at the most basic of level, but it's very hard to master, like I said earlier.

11. Default Re: Is this game difficult to get into as a beginner?

I'm not really sure skipping lvls 1 to 30 by playing only with friends is a good idea, specially if said friends are all ranked, because genereally the other team will have them too and said new player will most likely end up going against one of them. I say this from experience, I've been playing with my friends lately and among them there's this guy which isn't lvl 30 yet, he is trying to master top lane and 90% of the time he feeds the lane.

To be honest I'm not quite sure about this myself, but as my advice to CrimsonJohn I'd suggest you solo or duo queue up until you get to lvl 30, all the while you watch streams. Also try all 5 lanes and then focus on the one you feel the most confortable at, then pick a few champs for that lane alone and train.

12. Default

As someone who just reached level 30 and finished my first ten ranked games, I would say that team builder made the game incredibly easier for me to get into because I can mechanically master one champion in one position at a time over and over again. Not to mention that there are features in team builder that allow you easier access to simply be picky on who your teammates are and choose to queue into another game with a new set of players rather than having to watch people in normal blind or normal draft pick choose those champions and being unable to effectively dodge without incurring a time penalty.

I rescind this comment. Create two accounts. One which you only play to win on and another one where you will dedicate to trying out new/different champs and rune pages. It will take awhile but having a regular account and a smurf account with two separate purposes will be more accessible to you down the road. If you try out too many champs (and lose) then you will tank your normal MMR and end up with ridiculous players who will run ADC Thresh resulting in your normals to continue getting worse. This makes it utterly impossible for you to prepare for ranked since the discrepancy will be incredibly large.
    Last edited by Sardines; 2014-09-22 at 01:27 AM.