Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: [Game Over] A Song of Ice and Mafia TOWN WINS

1. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

It's because I'm such an old fart.

2. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

...I get an odd numbered roleblocker that can get powered up to a full time roleblocker...but an odd numbered doctor seems a bit off, especially since you would have both the roleblocker and extra doctor on the same night. That could cause some problems. That also means we possibly have another roleblocker that is either even nights (so they alternate) or full time. Same for doctor. Of course, a full/even doctor can't come out since then the mafia would will them. Claiming doctor so early, especially as others pointed out we still have a full day and you were not in too much danger, just seems odd. You did the emotional and role claim, not all thats left is for you to go crazy I guess. I'll remove my vote for now and see how things play out.

I could see a different reasoning that does make sense to claim doctor, but we won't know till tomorrow either way.

3. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

I don't suppose @Polantaris; got any confirmation PMs about our good maester?
    @Niernen; D'oh.

4. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

Yeah I know I was late, I had the thread open and was doing some other stuff at the same time and by the time I came back others had already commented, but I still wanted to put my thoughts down.

5. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

. . . i really wish u wouldnt have claimed so early. is there anyway u could have turned full time doc? since our roleblocker can turn full time with the acquiring of an item. is it the same for u?

6. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

There's nothing about that in my role PM. I'm guessing it's simply to make it impossible for Follow the Cop shenanigans.

7. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

poopie...if u are telling the truth i guess we can expect the mafia to take out a random tonight and our doc the next.

8. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Or the mafia leaves him alive tonight then instigates a lynch tomorrow since the mafia wouldn't kill their own. It leaves the town in a super awkward position.

9. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

We can leave the plans of the mafia to them, I'm sure they don't need any help making them.

The question is, who to lynch today?

10. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

That's what I'm getting at. I'm saying that we won't get any confirmation about you for at least 2 nights with no real guarantee that we'll get anything useful then either since the mafia will have more than enough time to set up shenanigans if they can. Our presumed investigator could do something tonight, but it would likely be wasted from you dying or mafia shenanigans.

Your claimed power is actually weak enough that I'm considering lynching you just to get confirmation and not be stuck with a giant question mark later in the game.

11. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

You really want our investigator to role claim already? If Shidoshi is not lying, that means the investigator is guaranteed to be dead at some point in the future.

12. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

I kind of agree, but voting off any type of protecting role is usually not a good idea. We probably won't get confirmation unless Shidoshi dies because we don't know what kind of information the night PMs give and he would actually have to save someone and hope they get a pm saying they were saved. The investigator could look into him, but that could possibly waste a night and he would also have to claim to defend Shidoshi, which would probably get one of them killed. It would be easy enough for Shidoshi to have claimed to protect someone on night 3 if they didn't die and we really couldn't refute it. And he can't exactly say who he will protect because obviously the mafia would not target them. Honestly his reveal just gives the mafia too much information they didn't need. If we do lynch him and he was telling the truth, we not only lost a townie but also someone that could have potentially saved another townie. Right now I'm between Luv and Meow. I don't think the whole Meta/Mas thing is serious, but they could just be very good at playing the rest of us. I don't want to metagame and protect luv like what happened last game, but for some reason I just don't like meow's posts. I may be missing something (probably am) but they seem off and haven't really contributed much. I'll [vote] @meowmixx; for now, unless the town is really for lynching Shidoshi or someone does something really scummy.
    Last edited by Niernen; 2014-09-05 at 11:06 AM.

13. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

Not sure why I forgot to answer this: No, I did not get a protection PM. To my knowledge you typically don't, though.

14. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

I don't want him/her claiming that's what I'm getting at. Shidoshi has set this up so that no matter what town does we lose.

I was just being thorough to check for PM.

15. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

I'm not following Verrkol's logic/reasoning here. Elaborate?

16. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

I think he means Shidoshi's claim is hard to prove without either lynching him or having another important role come out, which obviously does not help the town. Another doctor or the cop might be able to confirm Shidoshi's role, but if they come out about it the mafia will likely kill them, which is a bad situation. Shidoshi's claim can not be easily proven without harming the town.

17. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

I was hoping for Day 2 to be less confusing but nope, an interesting role claim about a strange ability. I'm unconvinced about the odd number night limitation when Maester Aemon is the only doctor theme wise. But I suppose that wouldn't be your fault.

@Shidoshi; Can you elaborate on why you protected Polantaris over Kyra? I agree that Polantaris does seem town, but over Kyra who claimed Stannis? You said "It hurt me when I read the doctor must not know much of GoT flavour for not protecting Kyra and couldn't comment on it, ouch." So I'm having trouble understanding the logic behind that choice.

18. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

So then why would we actively try and set in motion events that would do so? That seems counter intuitive.

19. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

Because I specifically said that at the beginning of the day, and I'm pretty sure Shidoshi is a ASOIAF fan, so I hit them right in the gut if they are legitimately a doctor.

I was trying to hold off comment towards Shidoshi's role, mostly because I've been defending them too much as it is...but I'm inclined to believe them, at least in regards to off/on days. Maester Aemon is an old, blind man. It would make sense for his ability to be non-daily. Is he (half) the doctor though? I dunno. All I'm saying is that I can see an off/on for Aemon because of who he is.

I want to bring the discussion back to Luv, since it has basically died down. I didn't respond to the below sooner because I didn't want to split the conversation in two.

I specifically told Luv to defend themselves with facts and instead, we got a post that is utterly and completely pointless (and further makes him mafia in my book, I mean, "I was just playing like a normal person"? What does that even mean), and also a post that repeats the obvious.

I just want to point out that these kinds of posts would nearly seal the deal on being mafia for anyone else, and are often used to call out players but everyone ignored them on Luv.

20. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 2

He also didn't do his classic "I'm town and I never lie when playing mafia".