Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default [Complete] Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/mai...cements/00I0T/

2. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

That...wording is horribly wrong but whatever. They know how to fix it. I'm assuming this might take a minor patch as well.

3. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

Only 2 hours? So they're just going to block it and do nothing about the abusers then? Typical.

4. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

admittedly, this isn't really that damaging. I had several instances where individuals used literally hundreds of cubes on a single epic equip and never ranked up. Others used hundreds on unique and never got a single set of 9% and 6% stat together. The cubes are utter trash. Not that I'm condoning cheating, but this won't really affect anything regardless. The ones SELLING the cubes... they deserve to get their asses kicked though. They're the ones actually profiting from the whole ordeal. Not to mention literally every item in that box expires in a week, so it can't have any long lasting effects on the market.

I'm assuming the maint will make everything in there untradeable to stop hoarders from profiting even more after the maint, and a fix, naturally.

5. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

Not quite sure the actual extent of damage this may have caused, but seems that a majority of the "lesser" worth items were being dropped in large quantities across a few servers, such as Bound Hunter scrolls.

This also allowed Golden Hammers and Cubes to be mass obtained.

(source)

6. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

I got epic to unique from them in like 7 cubes. it was got 6% str 6% all stats. They aren't that crappy.

7. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

Again, as I stated above, they all expire in a week. There will be no damage to assess once they all expire.

"Well, my personal experience says otherwise, so obviously you're wrong!"

I had MULTIPLE others have the opposite situation. They're not that great. And several HUNDRED cubes per individual speaks a heck of a lot more than 7.

8. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

Very good then, seems like good thinking on Nexon's part. Now to just wait this out, just sharing a bit more information.

9. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

It's not that it's damaging to the economy, it's that doing nothing gives people the mindset that they can continue to abuse future bugs/glitches without having to worry about any repercussions. Even something as small as 5-10 day bans/hell bans would be enough to snap some people into line.

10. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

Oh I completely agree, even if some of my guildmates end up falling into that group. But given Nexon's track record it isn't very likely...

11. Default [Complete] Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

12. Default Re: [Complete] Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

The items are still tradeable. There was no mini patch. They did nothing. How pineappleing typical.

13. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

Be careful about that sir... I only use one legit cube on my fafnir Moon Glaive with 2 lines unique and ended 9% ATT and 6% HP

14. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

Source

It's things like this that give me hope for this game.

15. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

Funny, people with hundreds of those cubes in bellocan are walking around scott-free.

I didn't expect anyone to get reprimanded for this but it still pisses me off when nexon says they're punishing people when they actually aren't.

16. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

I'm just glad they actually tried to do something rather than just sweeping it under the rug and acting like it never even happened.

17. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

I'm fairly sure that's pretty much the same thing they said about the huge dupe exploit last December. There are still people sauntering around in-game with illegitimate 15 star Tyrants/weapons and thousands of Nebulites from back then that completely avoided any form of punishment, and there are also those who were banned, appealed the bans and then discovered they still had all of their items upon regaining access to their accounts.

18. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

just kidding @ my earlier post LOL

goodjob nexon<3

(even though they can just 3rd chance 7.0 their way out)

19. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

I always laugh to myself when I see things like this, then look on the Nexon Forums and Basil to see dozens of threads all saying "y u ban me nxon i do nutin rong nd buy $100000000000 nx u suxxor"

20. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 28, 2014

So this is from the MS forum.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...23post10701196

Hello Maplers,

In response to the larger use of the Bounty Hunter exploit, we took actions to detect and block the exploit within our game environment during an Emergency Maintenance last week.

We would like to inform you all, that, at this time, a full investigation of accounts has been completed and accounts that have been found guilty of involvement in the exploit have been either permanently blocked or banned for 30 days, depending on severity of abuse of the exploit itself.

If your account is affected by this, please note that both permanent and 30-day bans from this exploit will NOT be released at this time, or at any time in the near future. To avoid actions being taken against your account in the future, please adhere to our Terms of Use which can be found here: http://www.nexon.net/legal/terms-of-use/.

For more information on the emergency maintenance that took place, please visit the following post on our website: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/mai...august-28-2014.

Once again, thank you to the players who avoided taking part in this exploit, even with knowledge of the exploit itself; and thank you to the players who brought this exploit to our attention.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to those that were affected by this.

GM Artasi
    Nexon America Customer Support